The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2009, 11:32 AM   #1
OKGMC4

Yet another GMC build

I've been reading on here for 10 months now but only now registered because I have to say there's tons of inspiration and great ideas on this board. I'd like to share some of my 56' GMC ideas and get feedback.

First of all, I am extremely cheap so I try to find ways to get that great end result without blowing the bank...frankly I don't have it to spend. I appreciate 100K show trucks but could never build one.

That being said I got my 56 last December for $500, 99% rust free, 90% complete, and with a current title and black tag. Still floored about that! It was disassembled and had been sitting for 9 years in a back yard. It took one trailer and two bed loads to get all the parts home. I already had some suspension and engine parts I wanted to use from a failed Chevelle attempt that my heart was never in, so I felt ahead of the game plan.

Pics from the first day make it look rough but it's more solid than it looks. Cab corners, floors, cowl... they are all good. Half the truck lived on my back porch for a couple months
Attached Images

OKGMC4 is offline   Reply With Quote