The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2018, 09:12 AM   #1
Cyborg

TH350 Reverse in First

I am completely lost here. I rebuilt my first TH350 with all new bushings, seals, torque converter, transgo 1&2 shift kit, etc... I was very meticulous and have been turning wrenches for nearly 20 years. Took my time on everything and it was easy and I am not sure why I didn’t attempt this years ago. Everything pressure checked with air. The forward and direct on the bench through the pump. Then again all four circuits pressure checked good through the valve body.

Anyway, fired it up my pressure gauge installed. I got no pressure in park. Drop it all the way down to L1 and it is going in reverse. All the pressures are right about 110 at idle and up to about 230 or so if you gas it. Only problem being it is supposed to be in first! Manually shift to second and it slows down and changes direction to forward. Pressures are about 110 or so. I am shifting it manually at the transmission to eliminate any linkage issues.

Dropped the valve body thinking something is obviously not right there. Everything is in order no evidence of cross leaks or anything. I compared everything in the valve body to the factory manual and everything is in order.

This never happens but I am stumped and don’t know where else to turn. I don’t know the history of the transmission but was told second hand it was good before I rebuilt it. I am leaning toward a crack in the case somewhere that I can’t see. Any ideas?
Posted via Mobile Device
Cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote