The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2018, 07:39 PM   #11
Johns 66

Re: 1965 LWB Stepside Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll_the_dice View Post
Work and the holidays have kept me busy lately and away from the truck. My truck was originally Light Green #503. In paying homage to the originality of the truck, I am going to paint some items under the hood in the original color. I am going to do the firewall, air cleaner, master cylinder, underside of hood and some other odds and ends. I started painting the air cleaner today. I loved the look of the old batwing air cleaners...so I bought one last year.

This is the bottom portion of the air cleaner in #503. Still need to clear coat it. Debating whether I need high heat clear or not. Will post more as I paint more of the parts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roll_the_dice View Post
I have determined I like painting...going to upstate NY for Christmas...best part is I am going to "learn" how to weld and my wife's Uncle has a full shop at his house with a full sized paint booth...so I am going to try to get some pointers and pick his brain on painting.

Anyway, here is the top of the batwing air cleaner. Will get it cleared tomorrow or when I get back after Christmas. I think it will give the engine bay a nice pop of color.

Andy these look great!!!!
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote