The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-25-2023, 12:47 PM   #1
mookandairin

64-66 wiring

So this is my situation. I have a 65 c10 stepside. It has a 350 conversion. It was built from a few other trucks and now has a back half,ladderbars,etc.
I put in a ez wire 12 harness w/ no instructions and that didnt include anything off the factory dash plugs so they are all the same wire for the most part.
looking to the internet I found some that were close to my harness but none that were the 12 circut harness like the one I got.
The truck starts ,idles etc but I am having problems with the turn signals and I am referancing from the factory assembely book it (it has been thru the ringer) it had a yellow and white cover (paperback). Anyways it has all the years in it, series of trucks etc and the colors for the wires are different on some series and years. The book has the big 60-66 trucks like dump trucks all the way to the pickup like mine.
Could you possibly please tell me what series truck diagram am I supposed to be referancing from in this book? (anyone who has the book will know the book I am refering to) The book has "drafting Graphics" in the left & right hand upper corner of the the pages of the book (if that helps id the book I got) the book is showing me series 3864000,3844000,3878300,etc etc and no page numbers in it. I dont know what truck series I have to be honest so reading these pages is not as easy as I would have thought.
Any idea what I am working with?
I am trying to get turn signals on it. on the half moon plugs under the dash Ive figured it like this:
purple> fuse box power to half moon plug
light blue> left front turn (from 1/2 moon)
dark blue> right turn (from 1/2 moon)
black> ground ?? ( from 1/2 moon to regulator but it was deleted with wiring harness)
white> stop switch (from 1/2 moon)
yellow> rear lights (to stop/tail)
orange> from light switch to... stop switch connector and to fuse box power from what I gather fron whe drawings in the book. Am I on the right track with the locations and colors?
My book is in a copuple different pieces now a days cuz like I said it has been thru the ringer
Any help would be great and THANK YOU for your expertice it is going to help a lot I am sure.
Soda Can Dan
mookandairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 08:26 AM   #2
The Rocknrod

Re: 64-66 wiring

Here use this from the electrical section of this forum:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...0&postcount=12
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote