The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-06-2011, 05:11 PM   #26
matthew79

Re: Project Swagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor View Post
Chevy Truck Rally wheels will always look great on our blazers. Stockton Wheel can make them from 15x8 to 16x10. I also read about being able to run a 2003 Dodge Ram wheel that has 10 slots - a similar look. They are 17x7 in size.
Thanks for the feedback, Thor. I'm going to go with the rallies. I think I'd be very self conscious with those 22's. I know everyone digs the rally wheel so I'll feel more comfortable going with those instead. Plus the tires are $800 cheaper!!

Last edited by matthew79; 04-06-2011 at 05:12 PM.
matthew79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:59 PM   #27
CTENTA1
Registered 1971 K5

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew79 View Post
Ok I'm really debating if I want to go with these big rims. I like them but I also know why they look out of place. I have a set of rallies I could get widened like member, Big Time did. He widened them to 14" and look killer. Here is a couple comparison shots. Anybody with an opinion on which style they prefer please chime in!

I would definitely go with the 15x12 or even 15x14 in a polished rim. The bigger ones just look to "bling bling" for these years. Just an opinion!
CTENTA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:16 PM   #28
thor

If you would like a larger wheel, you can always call a place like Stockton Wheel, Wheel Vintiques, or Newstalgia and see if they can make a larger diameter rally, say a 17" of 20". I know they make larger diameter CAR rally's so maybe they could do the same with the TRUCK rally's. Just a thought. Then you get the retro respect and a larger wheel which allows larger brakes and a lil' less sidewall so the tires aren't too squishy in the corners. And if ya like the bling, get 'em chromed. I think they would look pretty cool.

thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:38 PM   #29
themb2g

What was the exhaust kit you ended up getting? Was it an actual kit, or did you have someone build it custom? Part #s?
themb2g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:45 PM   #30
matthew79

Quote:
Originally Posted by themb2g View Post
What was the exhaust kit you ended up getting? Was it an actual kit, or did you have someone build it custom? Part #s?
Nothing fancy. I got this kit here.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:40 AM   #31
mcmlxix
Collector of Projects

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WVI-66-790605/

Wheel Vintiques
Wheel, Rallye, Steel, Silver, 17 in. x 9 in., 6 x 5.50 in. Bolt Circle, 5.0 in. Backspace, Each

If your looking for the rally style, I would still go for a 17" rim but it depends on what kind of tires your looking for. Rim size will also determine tire costs and availability. Also, not sure what brakes you plan on running but that might be a factor now or down the road if you upgrade...

D60 BIG BRAKE UPGRADE Click HERE

Last edited by mcmlxix; 04-14-2011 at 04:41 AM.
mcmlxix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:56 PM   #32
thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmlxix View Post
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WVI-66-790605/

Wheel Vintiques
Wheel, Rallye, Steel, Silver, 17 in. x 9 in., 6 x 5.50 in. Bolt Circle, 5.0 in. Backspace, Each

If your looking for the rally style, I would still go for a 17" rim but it depends on what kind of tires your looking for. Rim size will also determine tire costs and availability. Also, not sure what brakes you plan on running but that might be a factor now or down the road if you upgrade...
Nice find! Now they just need to make a 10-slot rally in an 8 lug pattern.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:12 PM   #33
d.garza9

i would go with the larger wheels. This is the truck I am using as my Inspiration.

Last edited by d.garza9; 04-14-2011 at 09:08 PM.
d.garza9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:14 PM   #34
d.garza9

Here is Mine with the Hood from LMC
Attached Images

d.garza9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:04 PM   #35
k5blazin

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.garza9 View Post
i would go with the larger wheels. This is the truck I am using as my Inspiration.
Wow! That is my new favorite blazer! Need more pics
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
k5blazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:39 PM   #36
VA72C10
VA72C10

Looks like an awesome build! Some super nice parts and a great blazer to start with too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5blazin View Post
Wow! That is my new favorite blazer! Need more pics
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Where'd the pics go???
Old 04-15-2011, 02:08 PM   #37
tubbedII
needs more $$$

Great looking start, and some great inspiration choices. On the wheels, I would go with the bigger ones. I peronsally like that style for one, but the other is that it started your inspiration on this build. The nice thing is that they are just wheels and can easily be changed out if you have the coin to do so!
Old 04-16-2011, 11:51 PM   #38
matthew79

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.garza9 View Post
Yeah, why are you being selfish with your inspiration??
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA72C10 View Post
Looks like an awesome build! Some super nice parts and a great blazer to start with too!!!

Thank you, sir! I can't wait to get this thing out on the road. I need a time machine!

Where'd the pics go???
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubbedII View Post
Great looking start, and some great inspiration choices. On the wheels, I would go with the bigger ones. I peronsally like that style for one, but the other is that it started your inspiration on this build. The nice thing is that they are just wheels and can easily be changed out if you have the coin to do so!
I think you nailed exactly what I was thinking. I'm going to have to run both sets of wheels. I know whichever wheel I choose I'll constantly be thinking about how the other wheel would look and if I made the wrong choice.

Last edited by matthew79; 04-17-2011 at 08:43 AM.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:08 AM   #39
matthew79

I know earlier in the thread I said I had some black and white houndstooth seats but I never did post a pic of them so shame on me! Here they are:

Actually I sold this set of seats on Monday. They looked awesome, but I really liked the way the saddle colored seats on Big Time's Blazer looked with the orange. It was a better match with the orange than the black and white IMO. Besides I didn't want to have to put a towel down on the seats before the kids could sit on it over fear of them getting dirty. White houndstooth seats + little kids = a very nervous matthew79!! I also sold the seat belt console with the seats as well. That too looked great but just not practical enough for me to use. Where am I supposed to put my bottle of water? I knew that style of console would eventually start to get on my nerves. So after I sold everything I needed a new set and found a local guy selling a complete set with a cupholder console and the original seatbelts to boot. Actually I still need the short one for the front passenger. He had two long ones from a truck. Once I get that short one I'll send them all off to Python to get them restored in saddle. The console is in great shape with no cracks. Here's a pic of the seats I just got.

This morning I ordered a set of saddle houndstooth covers from board member pickupman so as soon as those get here I'm sending these seats out to get redone.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:19 PM   #40
tubbedII
needs more $$$

What are the plans for the covers that are on these? That's exactly what I wanted to do with my blazer's seats.

The saddle houndstooth are going to look great in there!
Old 04-18-2011, 04:48 PM   #41
matthew79

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubbedII View Post
What are the plans for the covers that are on these? That's exactly what I wanted to do with my blazer's seats.

The saddle houndstooth are going to look great in there!
Are you asking what I'm going to do with the blue covers that are on this set I just picked up? There's a tear on the side of one of the buckets but if you want them just pay shipping and they're yours. I agree about the saddle. It's the nicest looking shade imo!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-18-2011, 07:19 PM   #42
BIGBLU 72

I have the black and white houndstooth seats in my 72 Jimmy and they loooook awesome but they are very hard to keep clean and the black carpet i have is faded really bad after only 4 years. Price of goin topless i guess!
Old 04-21-2011, 06:31 PM   #43
tubbedII
needs more $$$

Quote:
Are you asking what I'm going to do with the blue covers that are on this set I just picked up? There's a tear on the side of one of the buckets but if you want them just pay shipping and they're yours. I agree about the saddle. It's the nicest looking shade imo!
Posted via Mobile Device
I hate being color blind sometimes...I thought they were grey...let me know how much shipping is to 95833 when you get there. The style is more what I'm concerned with...don't want to burn my butt on vinyl.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:56 PM   #44
matthew79

No I think I'm the one who's color blind! They're more gray than blue. I hope to have them off in 3 weeks tops...

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-22-2011, 09:01 AM   #45
orange72blazer

Quote:
I would definitely go with the 15x12 or even 15x14 in a polished rim. The bigger ones just look to "bling bling" for these years. Just an opinion!
Here is a couple of pics of mine with polished 15x12 rims.
Attached Images

orange72blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:43 PM   #46
1ATony

Those rims look good.
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:44 PM   #47
matthew79

Awesome Blazer orange72! I remember seeing yours as I was searching through some old threads. It's definitely in my top 5 favs!

I had a set of 15x8 rallies I was wanting to get widened but after figuring the cost of shipping + the widening fee I was better off buying a new set. Before I did that though I checked craigslist and found a set of 15x14 rallies in Minnesota which was exactly the size I was wanting. Plus he said the trim rings and center caps are in "excellent" condition so hopefully I don't need to replace them. So I sent payment for them this morning and the guy is going to ship them to me Monday. Then they're off to the powder coating guys!
Old 04-26-2011, 03:59 PM   #48
thor

Quote:
Awesome Blazer orange72! I remember seeing yours as I was searching through some old threads. It's definitely in my top 5 favs!

I had a set of 15x8 rallies I was wanting to get widened but after figuring the cost of shipping + the widening fee I was better off buying a new set. Before I did that though I checked craigslist and found a set of 15x14 rallies in Minnesota which was exactly the size I was wanting. Plus he said the trim rings and center caps are in "excellent" condition so hopefully I don't need to replace them. So I sent payment for them this morning and the guy is going to ship them to me Monday. Then they're off to the powder coating guys!
can't wait to see them. what color powdercoat?

Old 04-27-2011, 06:19 PM   #49
hick

Quote:
4300k hid kit with Hella e-code h4 housings. Bulbs have glare shields on them so I'm crossing my fingers I don't have any issues.

Matthew,

Could you give me a little more info on these lights?

I have tried googling Hella and WME but I have not been able to find what you posted...

Do they make kits specially designed for these blazers (I'm acctually looking into them for a truck style but I think they are all the same)

Or is this a kit you have managed to build your self by knowing what you need?

Thank you,

Scott
hick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:09 PM   #50
matthew79

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor View Post
can't wait to see them. what color powdercoat?
Satin black! I spoke with the guy I bought the wheels from today and he said they were shipped out via Greyhound. They gave him a delivery estimate of 3-10 business days.