The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-11-2011, 10:27 AM   #1
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Ebay Burb For Sale

For you Burb lovers with deep pockets and want a turn key Burb, have at her !!!!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...E:B:SS:CA:1123

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:55 PM   #2
rjsdad

Re: Ebay Burb For Sale

Beautiful!!
rjsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:26 AM   #3
AzDon

I think the high (or only) bidder will be the current owner
AzDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:11 AM   #4
dougo

Belongs to a member here on the board....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-13-2011, 08:14 AM   #5
66crewcab

Thanks Doug...if someone can't afford something ...should u bash it?
66crewcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:22 AM   #6
dougo

[QUOTE=66crewcab;4677641]Thanks Doug...if someone can't afford something ...should u bash it?[/QU

Not sure if your question was directed to me. My post was intended to inform members that this burb is in the fourm family... (Aka respect). Burbs like this are rare and hard to come by - and can bring high dollars. Yours specifically - you just cannot find them anymore with those options, in good condition and intact. I was pleasently surprised to see it personally.... and I hope you get what your asking!
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-13-2011, 09:56 AM   #7
66crewcab

Oh no!!! Doug...I was thanking u and giving a little dig to the other guy! I have quite a few trucks that are rare and I have a fortune in them! I put them up for sale on the web and catch flack for asking what I think is fair!If others had it and I wanted it...I'd have to pay through the nose! I don't get it! I know that you have a killer 72 also and have $$$ in it! But that should be our choice! I'd rather drive a 72 burb or Blazer that is rare and stands out! I won't drive junk or a rust bucket! Hell anyone can buy a new burb for $60k and it's worth $35k a year latter!
Old 05-13-2011, 09:59 AM   #8
66crewcab

I really don't want to sell it that bad...It drives great and I just put it out to get a feel for the market! I still have my 66 crewcab that I want to move...220 miles in 5 years!
Old 05-13-2011, 11:24 AM   #9
dougo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66crewcab View Post
Oh no!!! Doug...I was thanking u and giving a little dig to the other guy! I have quite a few trucks that are rare and I have a fortune in them! I put them up for sale on the web and catch flack for asking what I think is fair!If others had it and I wanted it...I'd have to pay through the nose! I don't get it! I know that you have a killer 72 also and have $$$ in it! But that should be our choice! I'd rather drive a 72 burb or Blazer that is rare and stands out! I won't drive junk or a rust bucket! Hell anyone can buy a new burb for $60k and it's worth $35k a year latter!
It does not take much for these trucks/burbs to add up fast - when it comes to restoration, or mods. Especially the burbs, there's not much in regards to repop stuff and it's harder and harder to find original parts (hence the expense). I'd rather spend the $'s on the classics then buy a new for double the money and see it depreciate. Now... if I came into some cash - and could do both, sure. But for now, I'll stick with the classics.

Quote:
I really don't want to sell it that bad...It drives great and I just put it out to get a feel for the market! I still have my 66 crewcab that I want to move...220 miles in 5 years!
I've seen pics of your black 66 crewcab - NICE!
Old 05-13-2011, 01:50 PM   #10
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Thanks Doug...if someone can't afford something ...should u bash it?
And that in a nutshell is exactly why we close bash threads. Sad isn't it?
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 02:12 PM   #11
70cst

That is a beautiful 72 GMC..The price may seem high but in my opinion it is not and is well worth the asking price. . It has desirable options plus I know what it takes to get a truck/burb in this condition. To me its well worth the price of someone looking for a quality Burb in this nice of condition. JMHO

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:26 PM   #12
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
And that in a nutshell is exactly why we close bash threads. Sad isn't it?
I am curious as to what is getting bashed here?

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 05:51 PM   #13
vectorit
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Already Gone View Post
I am curious as to what is getting bashed here?
I don't think it was a "bashing comment", just a bit back handed on the price of the Ebay truck. Now that the owner of the rig has raised his hand to say that it is his after the comment, I think we just have an awkward moment from a comment that can be taken in a bad way.

Let's just leave it alone and move on.

66crewcab: That is probably one of the nicest original 4x4 burbs I have ever seen! I am curious, just as you are by testing the waters. What kind of responses have you gotten on it? I too often wonder what our burbs in that kind of condition are bringing, since they are so scarce it is really hard to find a baseline of value.

Too bad you are so far away, since Dougo and I have been hoping to meet at a show to show off our burbs. Having another one would be awesome!

Dougo: Are you going to come down for the Brothers show? I am already registered! Hope to see you there, since there is such a big group of 67-72chevytrucks.com members that show up. Maybe you can join the C10 king caravan coming South for the show?
vectorit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:51 PM   #14
dougo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorit View Post
I don't think it was a "bashing comment", just a bit back handed on the price of the Ebay truck. Now that the owner of the rig has raised his hand to say that it is his after the comment, I think we just have an awkward moment from a comment that can be taken in a bad way.

Let's just leave it alone and move on.

66crewcab: That is probably one of the nicest original 4x4 burbs I have ever seen! I am curious, just as you are by testing the waters. What kind of responses have you gotten on it? I too often wonder what our burbs in that kind of condition are bringing, since they are so scarce it is really hard to find a baseline of value.

Too bad you are so far away, since Dougo and I have been hoping to meet at a show to show off our burbs. Having another one would be awesome!

Dougo: Are you going to come down for the Brothers show? I am already registered! Hope to see you there, since there is such a big group of 67-72chevytrucks.com members that show up. Maybe you can join the C10 king caravan coming South for the show?
Hey Vectorit! I gotta take a look at when the show is... I cannot recall what day (and my whereabouts that day, if any place). If I'm in town, I'd love to swing that and hang out. Would be really cool. My burb is not exactly ready for show quality.. but Rome was not built in a day. I'll take a look a the date, my calendar and follow up!

-doug
Old 05-13-2011, 06:55 PM   #15
leddzepp

trucks of all condition and shape are welcome. ill be there in my turd!
Posted via Mobile Device

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:12 PM   #16
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

what is that console out of? Very beautiful burb
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:49 PM   #17
Newtz67

That thing is beautiful! Wow!
Newtz67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:56 PM   #18
66crewcab

Hey guys! Don't think that I'm all bent out on anything here! I just love all things Chevy trucks!!!!That's what I do www.protrucks.us I like other trucks too! To answer the ? about the console...it's out of a 89-94 Burb! It has a pull out drink holder frt+ rear and works great! U will have to move it around and space up the front to sit it level! To answer the ? on the WATERS....I've had great responce!The problem is...the people that want it want to trade me something...the best deal was a 69 rs Camaro restored to original! Nice car but I really want something to drive not to put in the garage! I don't have room for that!I drive the 72 burb daily and if I got rid of it I want another k5 to raplace it! I have a 72k5 2wd that I've had for 10yrs now and I'll sale that right before I sale my dog Sammy! So It'll be here for a long time!
Old 05-13-2011, 10:00 PM   #19
66crewcab

Sorry the burb console is a 92-94
Old 05-13-2011, 10:31 PM   #20
dougo

a 69 RS would be nice... but you're right - not a daily driver.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:48 PM   #21
vectorit
What?

Dougo, no excuses about your burb being not ready for a show... If you only saw my burb up close.

It would be awesome for you to join the C10 club caravan as they go through your town, and then meet up with the rest of us from the Southern areas in Corona. Last year was a sight to behold, with all of us coming in all at once.
vectorit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 12:04 AM   #22
AzDon

I meant no disrespect regarding the price....It seems like it take about five grand to even make something roadworthy these days. The first time it's out it always seems some guy wants to buy it for $800. Expecting to get your money out of something is justified, except that there are a lot of folks out there giving stuff away and invariably establishing bargain-basement expectations for anything similar any of us might be selling.
When we put on our "buyer" hat, we become the guy that wants a cheap price. I dont know ANYBODY that doesnt interchange the "buyer" and "seller" hats along with each hat's price expectations... I'm just sayin!
AzDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 01:15 AM   #23
dougo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorit View Post
Dougo, no excuses about your burb being not ready for a show... If you only saw my burb up close.

It would be awesome for you to join the C10 club caravan as they go through your town, and then meet up with the rest of us from the Southern areas in Corona. Last year was a sight to behold, with all of us coming in all at once.
I checked out the dates, I should know over the next day, or so. But I think I can do it. I gave the wife a heads up earlier tonight about it (always good to give advance notice when I'm taking a day to play). Would be really cool to join the caravan and meet you, as well as others, in person.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:29 AM   #24
66crewcab

Hey AzDon...Thats cool! I do ware both hats everyday! I have a truck shop and everyday I have to compete against the internat on prices! Usually they just ask me all the ? and use my info to buy it online and cut me out altogether! Well they might let me install if they don't want to do it themselves!The internet will sell things delivered cheaper then I can even buy it?!%$# Fair? The new way of business!
Old 05-14-2011, 03:30 PM   #25
rjsdad

What size lift and tires does it have on it?
Posted via Mobile Device
rjsdad is offline   Reply With Quote