The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-17-2012, 09:41 AM   #1
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Accuair - Worth the cost?

Accuair has become the premier retailer for managing your air ride over the last couple of years. Looking at the trucks build by n2billet, Delmo, etc. makes you realize these products are top notch, but typically with top notch products come a price worthy of the R&D, manufacturing, etc. to bring the product(s) to market.

I wanted to see what member's opinions were on the products offered and how they compare to other competitors.

Let's hear your experiences.

Nate

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)
72BlckButy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:08 AM   #2
big_al_71

Re: Accuair - Worth the cost?

Money to me was not an issue and i decided to go with ride tech. They have been around a long time and their products thus far have been flawless. There are four vehicles in my family that all of them have ride tech as well for years and they have had zero issues. No different than the classic auto air and vintage air debate..both systems are great i think it boils down to a popularity contest at the end of it all.

So nate do i see your truck going on bags finally?
Attached Images

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:51 AM   #3
chevjayfsd
Project 7dos

I've got Accuair sitting waiting to be installed along with Porterbuilt stage 2 stuff...

We could have saved a ton of money piecing together a system, but it wouldn't have been the same quality.

As far as the Porterbuilt stuff, we have a truck that we are extremely proud of, and we couldn't be happier to buy from a company who has R&D'ed parts soley for C-10. When you look at a porterbuilt product, you know it's quality. Same for the Accuair stuff... When you hold the VU4 valve block in your hand, you know you got your money's worth.

Can't wait to get all this stuff installed. Thanks to Travis @ Pro Performance.
20x8.5/20x10

Ride Low or Die
PSSST - Yes it's bagged.

7dos build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=610290
chevjayfsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:28 AM   #4
robnolimit

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevjayfsd View Post
I've got Accuair sitting waiting to be installed along with Porterbuilt stage 2 stuff...

We could have saved a ton of money piecing together a system, but it wouldn't have been the same quality.

As far as the Porterbuilt stuff, we have a truck that we are extremely proud of, and we couldn't be happier to buy from a company who has R&D'ed parts soley for C-10. When you look at a porterbuilt product, you know it's quality. Same for the Accuair stuff... When you hold the VU4 valve block in your hand, you know you got your money's worth.

Can't wait to get all this stuff installed. Thanks to Travis @ Pro Performance.

Sounds like a nice build. I question the ability to "save a ton of money piecing together a system". I hear this from a lot of people. Getting quality is never cheap, but as you yourself know, you have to add it all up. 8 parker valves, 8 brass T's, 15 short brass nipples, 12 NPT to hose quick connects... the fittings add up. Wiring, shrink wrap, connectors......bla bla bla. If you add it ALL up, there is no real savings, and less quality. Quality parts like AccuAir and RideTeck valve blocks and controls are worth every penny.
2011 Truckin' Throwdown Champion
GoodGuys 2010 National Champion

Proud to put our products up against all others!
robnolimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:34 AM   #5
chevjayfsd
Project 7dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnolimit View Post
Sounds like a nice build. I question the ability to "save a ton of money piecing together a system". I hear this from a lot of people. Getting quality is never cheap, but as you yourself know, you have to add it all up. 8 parker valves, 8 brass T's, 15 short brass nipples, 12 NPT to hose quick connects... the fittings add up. Wiring, shrink wrap, connectors......bla bla bla. If you add it ALL up, there is no real savings, and less quality. Quality parts like AccuAir and RideTeck valve blocks and controls are worth every penny.
Maybe I should have been more specific. We were planning on doing a Schrader kit at the very beginning... No onboard air, just bags and schrader valves. This would have saved me a ton of money, but would have been a HUGE inconvenience. I could accomplish this for under $400.00, as opposed to what I spent on the Accuair/Porterbuilt deal.

Glad we saw the light though, because that would have gotten old REAL quick.
20x8.5/20x10

Ride Low or Die
PSSST - Yes it's bagged.

7dos build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=610290
chevjayfsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:19 AM   #6
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

I have yet to own one of their systems, but my research says YES! Talk to Keith (n2billet) has has owned several Ride Tech systems, and now has an Accuair too. He tells me they are really nice.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:18 AM   #7
Painter D

AccuAir is worth every penny. My system has worked flawlessly since day one, Ill be running their system on anything I do from now on.
Posted via Mobile Device

'63 Buick Riviera ... AccuAir E-level, 20" Billet Specialties (Vintecs)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=528853&page=5
Painter D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:44 PM   #8
thekid54

YES! Accuair is fantastic. Such a simple install and getting rid of all those brass pipe fittings is great! I just have the VU4 block with electric toggle switches, but am tempted to get the e-level kit.
thekid54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #9
edflores

I dont know about the E-level, but the manifold itself is worth it. It save you tons of time and headaches.
edflores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:03 PM   #10
tubbedII
needs more $$$

I haven't installed one myself, but watched the installation of the manifold be installed on a caddy. It took 30 minutes which included drilling holes for lines to go through the trunk and even drilling/tapping hold downs. That along with not having to chase down leaks at every brass fitting makes it worth the extra $40 bucks (at least that's all I saved with my 8 valves and a ton of fittings). If a single valve ever goes wrong on my rig, that'll be the day I swap.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:54 PM   #11
dv8customs

You have to take into account the servicability of the manifold as well. If one valve in the manifold goes bad can it be replaced or do you have to replace the entire manifold?
dv8customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:15 PM   #12
Painter D

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv8customs View Post
You have to take into account the servicability of the manifold as well. If one valve in the manifold goes bad can it be replaced or do you have to replace the entire manifold?
One valve can be replaced

Old 10-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #13
jimmydean

I will use one on my build. I did 8 valves pair mounted by each bag on my '69. I liked how it worked, but it wasn't pretty and was a lot more work than a valve block.

I would say it's worth it for both ease of install and cleanliness.
Dropmember front
Dropmember rear
Corvette discs
Restored raised bed

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=4295210
jimmydean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #14
Painter D

If you dont wanna drop the coin right now all at once, you could just buy the manifold and run a switch box until you buy the level system later on. That's what I did.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old 10-19-2012, 09:50 PM   #15
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Thanks guys... just wanting to see what everyone's opinion is on their products as they seem to be the new product everyone has to have.

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
Old 10-19-2012, 10:13 PM   #16
jbjburbs

i purchased my accuair unit in may of 2011, i traded trucks and dilly dallied a while. I finally installed it this july and used it about a dozen times. i drove the truck in august, parked until last week. when i took to the cruise on of the valves wasn't closing or 'leaking through'. it's not stopping the air from filling the bag (had a mean gangster lean before i realized). i cycled up and down a few times to try and blow any out, but i have 2 traps in line and the tanks were new. i don't think anything would be in the valve, but i haven't had time to look it over, i can't be certain.

this is not a rant or testament of quality...just sharing my experience. it's custom and stuff happens. fixing it is half the fun, right?
Dad's 1948 Suburban -
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=563150

Bagged 1995 Suburban - SOLD
Bodied 1995 Tahoe -SOLD
jbjburbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:23 PM   #17
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbjburbs View Post
i purchased my accuair unit in may of 2011, i traded trucks and dilly dallied a while. I finally installed it this july and used it about a dozen times. i drove the truck in august, parked until last week. when i took to the cruise on of the valves wasn't closing or 'leaking through'. it's not stopping the air from filling the bag (had a mean gangster lean before i realized). i cycled up and down a few times to try and blow any out, but i have 2 traps in line and the tanks were new. i don't think anything would be in the valve, but i haven't had time to look it over, i can't be certain.

this is not a rant or testament of quality...just sharing my experience. it's custom and stuff happens. fixing it is half the fun, right?
Do you have the full kit or just the manifold?

Misread on the level unit?

Old 10-19-2012, 10:32 PM   #18
jbjburbs

just the manifold, i'm using dakota digital controller with no leveler. I use air pressure on each corner to gauge height. i went to the show (a block away) and dumped all the bags to zero. went and helped park cars and what not for about 20 minutes then i saw the front pass was up and the bag was at 145psi (matching the tank pressure).

i left air out, watched it start to climb again. i cycled air in and out until the tank was empty and left the problem for another day. i haven't checked anything, it could be any number of things at this point. i drove the truck 170 miles before parking it, but the valve didn't act up the next day when i washed the truck. it just happened after sitting.
Dad's 1948 Suburban -
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=563150

Bagged 1995 Suburban - SOLD
Bodied 1995 Tahoe -SOLD
jbjburbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:13 PM   #19
cubber

I was working on piecing together a system, and ended up getting my compressors and Porterbuilt stuff from Travis @ProPerformance. I will be running DLOE"s manual valves (cause I like the idea of less wiring and no solenoids, and I am more of a cruiser than a hopper). If I had it to do over again, I would have ordered DLOE's valves, and the rest of the stuff from Travis. I know this might be a litttle off subject (not Accuair or Ridetech), but I said all of that to say this: It is always better to get as much of the system as you can from one source, because these kits were designed to function together. I am the king of trying to save a penny, but at the end of the day I have learned that if you don't want to pay for quality, you might better just leave it alone. I am new to air ride, but it looks to me like a sub-standard system would be a HUGE pain in the butt, and might be dangerous, too. I'm sure that there are people on this site who could make their own system and do a great job, but for me it is better to stick with a kit (and read the dad-gum instructions).

2003 Chevrolet Z71 Ext. Cab
1995 Cavalier gas saver!
cubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:54 AM   #20
mikewayne

Looks really nice and an intresting thread that provides all the info in format that even a new be could understand, as far as it comes to installations and up gradations i am pretty new to the feild and looking forward to it.
mikewayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:40 PM   #21
gofast68c20

When I first decided to bag my truck I was planning on piecing it together. After doing alot of research I decided to go with the e-level system and I absolutly love it. From the awesome touch pad to the self leveling and now the i-level coming out! Not to mention the customer service, Reno is great. Any time I've had an issue (all self induced) I email or call him directly and he has me fixed up in minutes.
gofast68c20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:35 PM   #22
Zoomin
Man of Mini-Talents

If their controller had a display with the pressures and diagnostics, I might consider it. Hard to believe a major player doesn't have that.
Posted via Mobile Device
Zoomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:40 PM   #23
gofast68c20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomin View Post
If their controller had a display with the pressures and diagnostics, I might consider it. Hard to believe a major player doesn't have that.
Posted via Mobile Device
Tank pressure would be nice to know but bag pressure doesn't matter with the ride height sensors. The touch pad does have a form of diagnostics, it lets you know when battery voltage is too high or too low and when there is a problem with a ride height sensor. It also lets you know when tank pressure is too low. It does all that by changing the light color and sequence on the touch pad.
Posted via Mobile Device
gofast68c20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:00 PM   #24
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Nate,... I would look at this kit.
You could add dual needle gauges to it.
Switching to E-level would be an option for later on.
http://accuairsuspension.com/product...speed_amp.html

SwitchSpeed Air Management Package
NON-LEVELING

Includes:
(1) SwitchSpeedTM Controller (Electroless Nickel or Black Anodized Finish)
(1) Viair Mechanical Pressure Switch (145psi)
(1) VU4 4-Corner Valve Unit
(1 or 2) Viair 400C Compressor Kit(s)
(1) 5-Gallon Anodized Aluminum Air Tank
(1) Serviceable Aluminum Air Filter
(1) 3/8" D.O.T. Approved Plumbing Kit
Attached Images

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823

Last edited by lolife99; 10-20-2012 at 10:07 PM.
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:06 PM   #25
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

This would be comparable from RideTech with a 3 gallon tank.
($200 upgrade to get the 5-gallon tank)
Smaller compressor here.
Comes with gauges and switches.
I'm sure they will adjust the package to switch to dual Thomas compressors or 1 Viar 400c.

http://www.ridetech.com/store/ridepr...ay-system.html
Attached Images

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote