The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-06-2016, 06:17 PM   #1
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Is it Just me ? or do any one else notice that the

participation on this site has not been as much as it was ''say back a couple years?
I mean no disrespect to anyone , and maybe it is more that I miss some of the guys and gals that are not on here any more..
Again this has nothing to do with anyone on here that is new .. I don't want to name names from the years gone by as I might miss one ,, I just miss a bunch of the alumnus.
Old 10-06-2016, 07:04 PM   #2
boatpuller

Re: Is it Just me ? or do any one else notice that the

Yes. I have noticed and mentioned so in " Where's Larry" thread that things just don't seem the same. As you stated no disrespect towards newer members. I can't put a finger on it and like I said it isn't any one person.

I guess like other things in the past when thought back on seem better than they do now.
Old 10-06-2016, 07:11 PM   #3
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Why do you think we drug you back here Larry?

Id have to say its not the sites fault. Its the proliferation of Facebook, Instagram, and a bazillion other sites like them. Stuff is getting spread out and watered down.

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 07:14 PM   #4
boatpuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post

Id have to say its not the sites fault. Its the proliferation of Facebook, Instagram, and a bazillion other sites like them. Stuff is getting spread out and watered down.
Good point CG on the social media.
Old 10-06-2016, 07:37 PM   #5
GOPAPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatpuller View Post
Yes. I have noticed and mentioned so in " Where's Larry" thread that things just don't seem the same. As you stated no disrespect towards newer members. I can't put a finger on it and like I said it isn't any one person.

I guess like other things in the past when thought back on seem better than they do now.
I was thinking that might be a lot of it ,glad your here.

Quote:

Very good answers ,, and no ,, you are right ,as it isnt the sites fault ,,or the newbee's fault,, in fact its probably not a fault.. just me missing some of the old gang.. I think I need more to do.. thx CG
Old 10-18-2016, 02:46 PM   #6
AbigailAmelia

Quote:

Hello,
I'm new here, and new to owning a truck, and I think this entire site is great. I joined a few Facebook pages for Squarebodies and GMCs, and they are no where NEAR the quality of this site! This site's organization, moderators, and level of knowledge make it a great resource and just plain fun reading!

Thanks for being here!

Michelle
===============
1977 GMC K25 Sierra Classic Long bed "Abigail Amelia"
1986 Jeep CJ7, 1973 Chevy K5 Blazer (Hubby's projects)
AbigailAmelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:19 PM   #7
GOPAPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbigailAmelia View Post
Hello,
I'm new here, and new to owning a truck, and I think this entire site is great. I joined a few Facebook pages for Squarebodies and GMCs, and they are no where NEAR the quality of this site! This site's organization, moderators, and level of knowledge make it a great resource and just plain fun reading!

Thanks for being here!

Michelle
Hi Michelle ,,you just made my day ,,now I am happy for starting this posting ,, glad you joined in and you are exactly right about the site. some very good moderators and the best owners there are to be..

Ask anything about your Truck and I can guarantee you that you will be answered and with the correct answers,, again Welcome ..we have a few gals on here and to have another is refreshing ..
Old 10-06-2016, 07:49 PM   #8
CG
BlahBlahBlah

There used to be a pretty large group of board members you could rely on to show up at the fall and spring swap meets out in Monroe, but Ive noticed that's even dwindled down.

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:02 PM   #9
brad_man_72
the boat guy

This was the first year in about 7? That we didn't win the club participation award at the all truck nationals. I know I wasn't on much in the last 2 years, and when I'm here it seems like I'm just answering drive shaft questions. There's only so many times the same questions can be asked. Id like to see the regional sections get some more attention and a more user friendly way to post pics or even just like a post so you don't have to make a post saying the same thing or say that post had the best answer. This page is a great resource for many but maybe its time to revamp and adapt to new trends.
brad_man_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:07 PM   #10
TJ's Chevy
Post Whore

Hmm.....maybe for the 67-72 sub forum, but the 60-66 has been buzzin right along. Did seem busier last year and the year before, but a lot more people seemed to be Joining at that point...now many of us are knee deep in projects. haha
TJ's Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:51 PM   #11
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
Well it certainly isn't my fault.... I'm creeping up on 15,000 posts...... I think I need to get a life.

I miss some of the old regulars too.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 04:10 AM   #12
61_FL_Apache
Who Me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ's Chevy View Post
Hmm.....maybe for the 67-72 sub forum, but the 60-66 has been buzzin right along. Did seem busier last year and the year before, but a lot more people seemed to be Joining at that point...now many of us are knee deep in projects. haha
When I had my 61 and 65 I mostly stayed on that sub forum, now Im venturing out a little.

1997 Tahoe LT 4D 2WD (DD)
1961 Apache 10 (sold)
1965 C10 Stepper (sold)
61_FL_Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 12:25 PM   #13
cypressbog
Go Pack Go!

It seams like the board ebs and flows throughout the years. Maybe the quick rise in the cost of these trucks have turned others away?
cypressbog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 10:42 AM   #14
TJ's Chevy
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypressbog View Post
It seams like the board ebs and flows throughout the years. Maybe the quick rise in the cost of these trucks have turned others away?
A really big turn away is the rise in "Buy cheap and sell for a rip off."

Yeah I can understand making some profit, but I've seen some people post stuff up for double it's value. And that's a turn away right there.
TJ's Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:14 PM   #15
69chevytrucker

i come on here every day just about to check progress on some of the 1st class builds on here
69chevytrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 07:19 PM   #16
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

I'm still here. It's just that I spend most of my time walking along th walls and not in the center of the room. I can think of one certain guy who I really miss having here. He had such a creative head and strong sense of humor to garnish it with.

Facebook has taken a toll here and I'd enjoy it more if I knew the people's names there. All I have to go by is board names
Man rule #77...if you own a 67 stepside with a caddy 472 you will never be in danger of loosing you man card
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 08:09 PM   #17
GOPAPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68C15 View Post
I'm still here. It's just that I spend most of my time walking along th walls and not in the center of the room. I can think of one certain guy who I really miss having here. He had such a creative head and strong sense of humor to garnish it with.

Facebook has taken a toll here and I'd enjoy it more if I knew the people's names there. All I have to go by is board names
Walking along the walls,, now that's funny right there..

How about these to name a couple or three

Larry from Sacramento , and Silly old Man ..Longhorn man to name a few Huh?
Old 10-08-2016, 05:17 AM   #18
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

SOM and when he faked a heart attack while shoveling snow. His wife freaked out

LHM and his box of Triscut's which was the most exciting part of Nebraska

There's plenty more but it's early and I haven't had coffee yet
Man rule #77...if you own a 67 stepside with a caddy 472 you will never be in danger of loosing you man card
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 07:44 AM   #19
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

I'm still here, not as much due to my new job. But I have noticed it too.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 08:16 AM   #20
special-K
Special Order

The site keeps on evolving. I'll realize from time to time I haven't seen this one or that one post since can't remember when. I hang onto this site as my favorite place, one for the love of trucks and two, because I have friends here I don't want to lose contact with. The thing is, without e-mail address, home address, or telephone number all a person has to do is stop coming here, for whatever reason, and they are lost. For years I have been meaning to send out requests for "outside" contact information to assure we can stay in touch. My procrastination has caused me to lose a lot of people.

I know for a fact that many followed the trend and went to Instagram. How am I sure? I've been told that over and over. I don't understand why we have to leave the old behind just because something new came up? Never even checked Instagram out, but I don''t know how it can do anything that we can't do here. Facebook? No thanks. I've visited the 67-72 page afew times and never liked it one bit. Just a bunch of empty chitter chatter and a whole lot of rudeness I don't need. You see a question asked, a bunch of silly guessing by people who just needed to post, then the correct answer, then more silly guesses, then the same correct answer again, and over and over. It's bad enough here that some post without reading the other posts, but on FB it's ridiculous. We can proud of this site as being the best source of information, as well as best behavior, on the net. If there is an association between this site and that FB page, I am ashamed by it.

I get all I need outside of the real world right here. I prefer face to face and this is as far with electronic communications as I care to go.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 02:23 PM   #21
YBNORML

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
The site keeps on evolving. I'll realize from time to time I haven't seen this one or that one post since can't remember when. I hang onto this site as my favorite place, one for the love of trucks and two, because I have friends here I don't want to lose contact with. The thing is, without e-mail address, home address, or telephone number all a person has to do is stop coming here, for whatever reason, and they are lost. For years I have been meaning to send out requests for "outside" contact information to assure we can stay in touch. My procrastination has caused me to lose a lot of people.

I know for a fact that many followed the trend and went to Instagram. How am I sure? I've been told that over and over. I don't understand why we have to leave the old behind just because something new came up? Never even checked Instagram out, but I don''t know how it can do anything that we can't do here. Facebook? No thanks. I've visited the 67-72 page afew times and never liked it one bit. Just a bunch of empty chitter chatter and a whole lot of rudeness I don't need. You see a question asked, a bunch of silly guessing by people who just needed to post, then the correct answer, then more silly guesses, then the same correct answer again, and over and over. It's bad enough here that some post without reading the other posts, but on FB it's ridiculous. We can proud of this site as being the best source of information, as well as best behavior, on the net. If there is an association between this site and that FB page, I am ashamed by it.

I get all I need outside of the real world right here. I prefer face to face and this is as far with electronic communications as I care to go.
You make some very valid points. Im not one for the chitter chatter/rudeness. It gets old very quickly. Unfortunately that kind of crap happens everywhere these days. Keyboard warriors I like to call them. The major difference is that the Mods here don't put up with any of it.

For example, I had a now Banned member pm me and proceed to tear me apart for modifying one of my trucks. I reported him and he was dealt with accordingly. And as far as i'm concerned this is the only site for anything technical related to our trucks. The wealth of knowledge that this site has amassed is unparalleled. And for the most part the members are awesome.

That being said, I also use Instagram. It allows me to follow a bunch of the members who no longer post here for whatever reason. These are mostly the mild to extreme custom crowd. As far as the other trucks forums and Facebook, I don't have time for the drama and B.S. that seems to be a core part of them.

68’ GMC shortbox
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=794201

72' 2WD Blazer
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=425385

67' LongBox C-10
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=691845

InstaGram ybnorml67
YBNORML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 11:54 AM   #22
boatpuller

Tim pretty much hit the nail on the head for how I feel too.

This is social media for me It's all I know and all I do.
Old 10-08-2016, 12:13 PM   #23
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatpuller View Post
Tim pretty much hit the nail on the head for how I feel too.

This is social media for me It's all I know and all I do.
X3...this and the occasional visit to youtube is about my social media

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 02:12 PM   #24
GMCjunkie
Dude...I'm a CHICK

I'm still here y'all!!! Just not as often as I need to be. Life just gets in the way I reckon. I still have the Burb and I still spy on y'all now and then, gonna have to make this board a habit again.

'71 GMC Suburban 4x4
GMCjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 03:48 PM   #25
cypressbog
Go Pack Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCjunkie View Post
I'm still here y'all!!! Just not as often as I need to be. Life just gets in the way I reckon. I still have the Burb and I still spy on y'all now and then, gonna have to make this board a habit again.
Welcome back young lady!
cypressbog is offline   Reply With Quote