The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2011, 08:16 PM   #1
prostreetC-10
My Carbon Footprint

Transbrake vs high stall

I remember hearing about a TB in or around '85. My brother-in-law had a 10 sec flat '68 shuvelle that was pretty heavy. I remember the few cars that had them back then were very light and he always said it's a great way to break a bunch of sheet. His analogy was to put your car in park, rev it to 5K then put it in drive. I realize that it holds the car in first and reverse at the same time. He used to say it's an incredible shock to the drivetrain.

I did a thread a short while back about how fun my little ole 3,000 stall converter is in my Camaro since I have never had anything like that. I'm already starting to hunt for a roller valve train and plan on doing what we all do......hunt for more power. I hear some guys talking about leaving on the brake and then the same guys foot braking it. What are the pros and cons to a TB vs a super high stall? Is it important to match a TB with the right stall at the same time? Marv also wrote that simply installing one without the trans being gone through is just a waste. Will she flat destroy a stock TH400?

Just looking for some thoughts or even a killer link on the subject. Wiki can be good but is weak on this subject.
prostreetC-10 is offline   Reply With Quote