The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-16-2019, 08:37 PM   #1
cgster

Hood latch question

Working on getting my hood aligned, but can't get my hood to stay latched. The hood latch bolt goes down into the hood latch and I have to squeeze the release to get it to let go, but the hood isn't going down far enough into the latch when I close the hood. I can manually press the hood all the way down, it just doesn't latch at the right spot when hood is fully pressed all the way down. Not sure if something is wrong with the hood latch area.....or something else. My truck is a 72 C10, the hood is off of a 69-70, so not sure if that makes a difference.
Attached Images

cgster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:19 PM   #2
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: Hood latch question

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgster View Post
Working on getting my hood aligned, but can't get my hood to stay latched. The hood latch bolt goes down into the hood latch and I have to squeeze the release to get it to let go, but the hood isn't going down far enough into the latch when I close the hood. I can manually press the hood all the way down, it just doesn't latch at the right spot when hood is fully pressed all the way down. Not sure if something is wrong with the hood latch area.....or something else. My truck is a 72 C10, the hood is off of a 69-70, so not sure if that makes a difference.

Looks like the latch bolt is adjusted down too far. How are the hood bumpers/stops adjusted in the front? If you remove the latch bolt plate does the hood fit good when you close it and hold it down. Too high or low in the front?

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 10:27 PM   #3
cgster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
Looks like the latch bolt is adjusted down too far. How are the hood bumpers/stops adjusted in the front? If you remove the latch bolt plate does the hood fit good when you close it and hold it down. Too high or low in the front?

LockDoc
I'll try to adjust the latch bolt tomorrow and see if that fixes the problem latching problem.
A billet grill was installed on this truck at some point and also grill doesn't look right with the hood all the way down. Looks like 1/2 - 1 inch gap between hood and grill when hood is down. I have an original inner/outer grill so hopefully that fixes the gap.
cgster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:21 AM   #4
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgster View Post
I'll try to adjust the latch bolt tomorrow and see if that fixes the problem latching problem.
A billet grill was installed on this truck at some point and also grill doesn't look right with the hood all the way down. Looks like 1/2 - 1 inch gap between hood and grill when hood is down. I have an original inner/outer grill so hopefully that fixes the gap.

Let us know how it goes.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote