The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-07-2018, 11:59 PM   #1
papsoldblue72

2000 Jeep headlights ??????

I saw someone on another site saying they used this kind of headlight and some kind of adapter for the wiring harness to plug them in...……. Someone please direct me to the best thread on here for this mod.... Thanks in advance

It's been a long time coming... It's time to get it done..
papsoldblue72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 06:51 PM   #2
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: 2000 Jeep headlights ??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by papsoldblue72 View Post
I saw someone on another site saying they used this kind of headlight and some kind of adapter for the wiring harness to plug them in...……. Someone please direct me to the best thread on here for this mod.... Thanks in advance
-
I used Jeep Wrangler headlights in my '67 Panel Truck. Jeep JK Wrangler headlights are a direct bolt in swap for the old sealed beam headlights in our trucks. They even have the 3 lugs on the back for alignment and use the stock '67-'72 trim rings. The headlights have more dome to the lense than the originals. I went ahead and bought the headlight conversion pigtails for the swap too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/13094045132...AIT&rmvSB=true

I bought both on e-Bay. Here are the actual pigtails I bought and the headlights I bought were from a private seller that changed his over to something different. They are in excellent condition. You have to be careful because there are a lot of look alikes. They do make exact replacements too but you have to watch, some of them come with bulbs and some don't. The easy way to tell the OEM's are by the back. I think the lights are the same from 2007-2015.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 09:45 PM   #3
jessemthompson

I did the same conversion myself. I also did the relay harness and I’m pleased with the improvement over the factory lighting.
jessemthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 06:10 AM   #4
papsoldblue72

Thanks Locdoc for the info.....

It's been a long time coming... It's time to get it done..
papsoldblue72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 11:18 AM   #5
jopaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
-
I used Jeep Wrangler headlights in my '67 Panel Truck. Jeep JK Wrangler headlights are a direct bolt in swap for the old sealed beam headlights in our trucks. They even have the 3 lugs on the back for alignment and use the stock '67-'72 trim rings. The headlights have more dome to the lense than the originals. I went ahead and bought the headlight conversion pigtails for the swap too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/13094045132...AIT&rmvSB=true

I bought both on e-Bay. Here are the actual pigtails I bought and the headlights I bought were from a private seller that changed his over to something different. They are in excellent condition. You have to be careful because there are a lot of look alikes. They do make exact replacements too but you have to watch, some of them come with bulbs and some don't. The easy way to tell the OEM's are by the back. I think the lights are the same from 2007-2015.

LockDoc
Can you drop the exact type of light housing used? Are they LED? I see so many on flea-bay and they're not cheap. My intention is to update the look, the usage, and the life of lights for my 1970 Chevy K20.
Thank you in advance!
~JoPaul~
jopaul is offline   Reply With Quote