The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-26-2009, 04:44 AM   #51
Cyclone44
Step Brother

Re: Better Late Than Never....

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckgirl View Post
I'm sorry...I didn't see this before...It is 2006 Impala SS Laser Blue Metallic. There were 2 variations of the color. The truck is painted one, while the SS stripes are painted the other...very subtle that way

Well...she's back up and running She definately needs a Posi rear (which we are working to aquire) I took her out yesterday, and left about 100 ft of rubber on the road...let off to keep the neighbors from getting too upset (and for the record, I live at the end of a dead end street...no danger of traffic) She runs awesome! The only problem...the transmission that was supposed to be good, has a very sluggish 2-3 shift....Hopefully it will last til winter

Girls can't get a wheel............
Cyclone44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:44 AM   #52
barthmonster

shift kits aren't much. I think besides tightening up the shift, they help the tranny last longer too...
Nice looking truck, she has really come a long way !
barthmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:30 AM   #53
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

So, this is where ole blue came from!! Glad to see the history of the ole girl.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 05:47 AM   #54
redneckgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone44 View Post
Girls can't get a wheel............
Bet me....
Old 07-17-2009, 01:33 AM   #55
redneckgirl

UPDATE...

Finally got her going...she sounds even better than I was expecting. Got to drive her around for about a month before the tranny let go...Tranny fluid with shrapnel is NEVER a good sign
The trans is being rebuilt...had hoped it would have been back by now, but... I'm itching to cruise in her again

Here she is..where she left me stranded

Name:  phone pics 126 (Small).jpg
Views: 269
Size:  61.5 KB
Old 07-17-2009, 03:04 AM   #56
72lb4x4
Account Suspended

I'm not a fan of lowered trucks--I think trucks should be trucks and able to work.
That said, long and low looks good here, stranded or not!
72lb4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:37 PM   #57
highperf4x4
Account Suspended

Subscribed........

How's the tranny? My 400 has a shimmy on take off. The 1-2 shift is ok and the 2-3 shift is awesome. Isn't that backasswards??

Your truck looks wicked. One question though and I may have missed this somewhere but are you going to put the cheyenne trim package back on?
highperf4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:38 PM   #58
highperf4x4
Account Suspended

Someone's post disappeared!!!

Last edited by highperf4x4; 07-31-2009 at 10:49 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:20 AM   #59
redneckgirl

The trans isn't back yet
It was supposed to be...
She actually does get used as a truck on occasion...but not very often...just hauling furniture etc...nothing too bad.
When the trans decided to give up the ghost it lost 3rd first. It would shift out of second and there was simply nothing there. Then the same happened to second....I slowed way down, got her to downshift & tried limping her home in 1st. (the Comanche was on the trailer and cents didn't want to unload it to come get me )
puttering along at 10 mph, the trans was definately getting hot. 1st started trying to slip, so I pulled over to let it cool down. With the elctric fan running to keep the big block cool, and 4-ways on (around here flashers & hood up are mandatory and a pretty good idea with MD drivers ) I tried to start her back up and 'click'. When I tried turning her over, the fan slowed and the flashers quit...'well crap!!' (not my exact words, but you get the point) I call in for a rescue to a very unhappy cents....
I had a friend of my 14 year old's in the truck with me, as I was picking him up to bring to our house....I apologized for making him sit along the side of the road with me...his reply made me laugh my head off!! 'it's not your fault the truck is old'
So my Yukon is in sight, with old trusty-rusty the car trailer...we winch her up...head up the road. About a mile away...we got a flat on the trailer

*as a side note...to tell you the type of folks that live in this area...I sat there for nearly 45 minutes and only ONE preson stopped to see if I needed help...

I'd also like to thank bad6772 for calling me and rubbing in the fact that his truck would move Thanks Tony for your support.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:46 AM   #60
gcburdic
Restoration Virgin!

Cool quick build thread here Jacki!!!...Hope you can get a tranny soon!!!

1972 Custom Deluxe C20 Suburban A Suburban Named Isabella

1966 Ford Mustang Mama's High School Graduation Present
gcburdic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:58 AM   #61
sjarrett71

My wife gets so mad at me cause I'll stop to see of someone needs help. When you're on a 4 lane highway and everyone is just honking, yelling, and giving someoone the finger for something thats not their fault it just pi$$es me off! Stop and see if they need help, maybe they are one of the few people that don't have a cell phone. I'll shut up now.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:27 PM   #62
highperf4x4
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckgirl View Post
The trans isn't back yet
It was supposed to be...
She actually does get used as a truck on occasion...but not very often...just hauling furniture etc...nothing too bad.
When the trans decided to give up the ghost it lost 3rd first. It would shift out of second and there was simply nothing there. Then the same happened to second....I slowed way down, got her to downshift & tried limping her home in 1st. (the Comanche was on the trailer and cents didn't want to unload it to come get me )
puttering along at 10 mph, the trans was definately getting hot. 1st started trying to slip, so I pulled over to let it cool down. With the elctric fan running to keep the big block cool, and 4-ways on (around here flashers & hood up are mandatory and a pretty good idea with MD drivers ) I tried to start her back up and 'click'. When I tried turning her over, the fan slowed and the flashers quit...'well crap!!' (not my exact words, but you get the point) I call in for a rescue to a very unhappy cents....
I had a friend of my 14 year old's in the truck with me, as I was picking him up to bring to our house....I apologized for making him sit along the side of the road with me...his reply made me laugh my head off!! 'it's not your fault the truck is old'
So my Yukon is in sight, with old trusty-rusty the car trailer...we winch her up...head up the road. About a mile away...we got a flat on the trailer

*as a side note...to tell you the type of folks that live in this area...I sat there for nearly 45 minutes and only ONE preson stopped to see if I needed help...

I'd also like to thank bad6772 for calling me and rubbing in the fact that his truck would move Thanks Tony for your support.

That is a plugged tranny filter. If you had simply dropped the pan and put in a new filter and fluid you would probably have been right back in business. I've hit the same situation in 3 different vehicles over the years. It was always a plugged filter. I drove one home 30 miles in reverse once!
Old 07-31-2009, 11:02 AM   #63
70rs/ss

Jackie,

You are a saint, if my rig looked that nice with a BOLWN BBC in it and I couldn't drive it, I'd kill someone! It is purdy and has been sitting off and on for what 3-4 years since the paint has been done? OMG get it done!!

At least my junk isn't purdy so that is how I justify letting it sit, if it was shiny I'd have no excuse to ignore my babies!
70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:51 PM   #64
highperf4x4
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70rs/ss View Post
Jackie,

You are a saint, if my rig looked that nice with a BOLWN BBC in it and I couldn't drive it, I'd kill someone!
You and I........................ are not gonna hang out much..................

Old 08-24-2009, 10:27 PM   #65
highperf4x4
Account Suspended

Just lookin for an update!

Old 08-26-2009, 12:09 AM   #66
Richard8971
Still livin the "dream" in '54

Get her driving again?

D

My '67 stepper "Tangerine Dream"

"Anything worth doing is worth doing right" James Dean

“When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Sherlock Holmes

"There is no spoon." Neo
Richard8971 is offline   Reply With Quote