The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-29-2008, 04:40 PM   #76
kizer
Its Deja Vu time again

Re: For All Screwed By 72cstc5 (carlos)

I could be wrong, however if a shop owner does work on your vehicle and you take it anyways its just a civil manner too.

Meaning if the police can not help you get your vehicle back they can not enforce his rights to retain the vehicle either.

I had some work done on my VW years ago and the shop wouldn't release it because they said I authorized a bunch of work and refused to pay for it. I said I didn't and used my spare key and drove it off. They of course sent me a nasty letter and guess what. Nothing ever happened and they even sent me a letter later saying it was a book keeping error. Imagine that huh?
Old 05-03-2009, 01:00 PM   #77
dammitmitchell
the pollock

this post make me wonder.. because ive seen truck tucked away inteh back of shops and the guys wree like " dunno whats with that truck owner never came to get it" etc etc etc...
but man if you wanna buy it EVERYONE even the floor sweeper special ed kid knows exactly how much "money and labor" is into said vehicle.... but nobody knows th owner.. hmmmmmm

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=343538
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=386042
dammitmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:51 PM   #78
68 short step

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammitmitchell View Post
this post make me wonder.. because ive seen truck tucked away inteh back of shops and the guys wree like " dunno whats with that truck owner never came to get it" etc etc etc...
but man if you wanna buy it EVERYONE even the floor sweeper special ed kid knows exactly how much "money and labor" is into said vehicle.... but nobody knows th owner.. hmmmmmm
ummmm, what??
68 short step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:57 PM   #79
dammitmitchell
the pollock

crap i suck at typing..
ok ive been to quite a few shops in my wanderings...
and alot of them have that one car or truc tucked away in the corner..
everyone nows what it's asking price (from the shop owner) but nobody ever knows who the origional owner is...
this thread made me think of those shops...
im kinda saying in my own skrewed up way that there's a ton of a-holes skrewin people over out there

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=343538
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=386042
dammitmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:52 PM   #80
70rs/ss

Not the case here (from OP and all that had dealings w/Carlos), but if you take your vehicle to a shop to get work done and you do not pay the shop they can (and will) get a mechanics lien on the vehicle and they will be the "owner/title holder" If you don't pay and pick it up they can "own" it in a few weeks, if they so choose to push it.

Last edited by 70rs/ss; 05-27-2009 at 01:53 PM.
70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:23 AM   #81
arm51
beer me

that is horrible what happend to u man i feel
but thats just me
ill keep my freedom my guns my money my religion and you can keep your CHANGE-hank williams jr

Last edited by N2TRUX; 07-22-2009 at 09:24 AM.
arm51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:14 PM   #82
VA72C10
VA72C10

Not sure who all has straightened this out or not, but he is still around and has opened up a shop of his own now. The work he's doing looks good. This is from C10forum.com today. Maybe some of you looking for parts and/or money can get with him to get this straightened out.....

Quote:

(From Carlos Bernal) http://c10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1392

Okay here it goes. Partly what Don (68 Short Step) says is true. Parts where he said I stole his truck blah, blah. I never stole anything. Yes I was banned from the other site. I was going through a rough patch which at the time was my girlfriend and now my wife. I was starting up a new business and then the personal issues started. Luckily we found out that my wife had a tumor in her head on the pituatary gland that was affecting things. I didn't know at the time all of this other stuff was going on and losing my house and other things at the time due to us splitting up. I realize that one man's truck is just as important as what was going on with me but I chose my wife and my family life as a priority. I am man enough to apologize to Mr. Hulse for what had occured. If I could take it back I would. I do not even read the other site. Me owing anybody money I do not know. I have to this day some cowl panels that I never completed for people because I couldn't even get on the other site to contact them once I was banned. If I owe anyone money just tell them to contact me here or email me at bernalautodesigns@hotmail.com and I will gladly refund them their money or their part.

For the record, Don persued me with the Better Business Bureau, which I had started his truck before I started my business, but in the end I said, okay let the Better Business Bureau handle it. If I was wrong so be it, I deserve the punishment. In the end I won, Don never followed through for some reason. I have over 150 pictures of his build and all of the receipts for materials and payroll paid out and hours that I have in the build of the paint and body of his black stepside.

Did I and am I building the Grey truck that this thread is about, yes. If you PM me you are more than welcome to speak to my customer if he so chooses and I will give you his information if he lets me. I will shoot a picture of me in front of it holding up my banner sign with a date on it to show its the real deal.

Does one bad dealing constitute me being a bad person, I don't think so. Does me admitting that I was at fault make me a better person? I don't know. Do I admit that I had a bad deal between myself and Mr. Hulse? Yes. Was it my fault? Yes. Did I intentionally mean any harm to Mr. Hulse or anyone else? No. Who would?

Mr. Hulse I am officially apologizing to you for the business transaction you and I had together. I am truly sorry. Have a nice day.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:10 AM   #83
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
If he contacts us here, we can allow him on to respond to this post and the issues he has had. I have yet to get an email or contact from him about any of it that I recall. I can empathize with the medical issues and hope all is well health wise now. But the lack of respect in never providing a response is bad business period. I look forward to hearing from him, if someone can get the message to him.
posted here also
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 02:50 PM   #84
Josh
He's got mean nasty FANGS!

Liz,

I got your message from the c10 forum. I was on here as 72cstc5 before. Over there I was told I owe someone money on here and I have some cowl panels that I need to return to people but did not know I could contact you guys through this method. I am not an IT guy so forgive me. If anyone wish to contact me they can at bernalautodesigns@hotmail.com. Thank you for your attention in this matter.

Carlos
1969 C-10
1967 C-10 Panel
josh@67-72chevytrucks.com
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 07:41 AM   #85
aboz

It's sad to say but most people who do body work and paint are like most people who make a living as a carpenter. They all claim to be professional and more often than not are anything but. Belive me, I have friends who match this description and I keep that friendship by not hiring them to do work for me! A good rule of thumb when choosing an auto body man or a carpenter for that matter is to look at their work space/truck. Is it clean and organized? Are their tools clean and in working order. The man who is meticulous about his tools will be just as detail oriented about his work. Ask if he will be doing the work himself or that skeezy looking little guy over in the corner eating a bologna sandwich. Oh yeah...always ask for references! It sounds like Carlos just ran into a rough patch. We've all dropped the ball a time or two. A sense of humility is rare these days and it's obvious Mr. Bernal wants to represent himself as a man with a conscience. My best to his wife, Aboz.

Last edited by aboz; 05-29-2010 at 07:52 AM. Reason: left out some stuff
aboz is offline   Reply With Quote