The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-05-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
JRANGER

Thumbs down resolved Liddy71

Worked out a deal with the member and he held an AC Compressor, mounting brackets, and hoses from a working small block. Was a good deal and he seemed legit as he has been here awhile.

Payed him Sept 14th...Over that weekend I asked him if he shipped it and received a response Sept 19th stating he boxed it up and his sister was suppose to ship it out as he is working out of town... I asked him to let me know when he confirmed it was shipped.,,, His last log in was Sept 21....

I have received nothing, No contact via email or pm or PayPal Dispute center since the 19th....

At this point i don't know what the deal is but regardless i should of received the item within the 21 day time period.

Currently I am waiting for PayPal to finish the dispute process which currently sits at "waiting for his response by the Oct 14th"...

Either way.....Im not happy about this and feel like i have been scammed at this point
JRANGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:13 PM   #2
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Re: Liddy71

I am not seeing where this member was a subscribing member, or listing items for sale. Could you link the thread to the transaction please.?
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:15 PM   #3
JRANGER

It wasn't a thread..I was in a different thread to get parts and he sent me a PM... He was trying to get parts from the members thread as well....

Probably should of known better
Old 10-05-2012, 04:19 PM   #4
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

So a non subscribing member sold you parts non publicly? This is why we have the forums set up as we do, as well as the rules and guidelines for the classified section. I am very sorry you did not receive your parts and hope paypal finds in your favor. We never want to see anyone taken; but there is not much we can do to help if everything was not done the proper way.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:20 PM   #5
JRANGER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
So a non subscribing member sold you parts non publicly? This is why we have the forums set up as we do, as well as the rules and guidelines for the classified section. I am very sorry you did not receive your parts and hope paypal finds in your favor. We never want to see anyone taken; but there is not much we can do to help if everything was not done the proper way.
I appreciate it....I just want paying attention and wasn't thinking straight...Just thought i would post in here to make sure he doesn't do it to anyone else
Old 10-05-2012, 04:21 PM   #6
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Thank you for doing that. We have been trying to get members to use this area to guide folks in their choices in future sales. We appreciate all good and bad transactions being posted.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #7
special-K
Special Order

Someone dodging the rules is a pretty good sign they may not be so trustworthy. Sorry things happened as they did.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #8
FetchMeAPepsi

Whoah. I'd post his paypal name, email address, and any other info I had too. It's too easy to just change your login on the forums and get away scott free.
Really nail this guy down.
See My Build - Cecilia!
Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
FetchMeAPepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:31 PM   #9
FetchMeAPepsi

Maybe he's just busy....
http://arre.st/WV-999070132
See My Build - Cecilia!
Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
FetchMeAPepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:45 PM   #10
JRANGER

lol...That could be his dad.......But since he has been on last month......never know
Old 10-06-2012, 09:48 PM   #11
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by FetchMeAPepsi View Post
Whoah. I'd post his paypal name, email address, and any other info I had too. It's too easy to just change your login on the forums and get away scott free.
Really nail this guy down.
that is completely against site rules.. we do not allow personal info posted. If someone wants that they can pm. Also there are checks in place for dual accounts. Though it does happen, it is not as simple as you think
Old 11-18-2012, 01:00 AM   #12
thelonerife

I think this guy is the guy that sold me my bed and kept the stainless steel bed strips in the deal. He went under the screen name DMARCUM123. Mike (fine 69) might recognize him as he picked up the parts for me. I had a member a while back ask me if it was him and I wasn't sure of his first name or location. He said he was going under the new name of Liddy71 now and his actual location was wrong. It was the next town over.
If I'm wrong sorry.
thelonerife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:03 AM   #13
JRANGER

Well i did get the stuff...Very last day possible via paypal dispute he all of a sudden shipped it and who knows if its even good