The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-09-2018, 01:18 AM   #26
57taskforce
All about them K’s

Re: Pa. state inspection failed.

I don’t miss emissions or safety inspections at all... nope not one bit. I do however still keep up with the maintenance and repairs on what we drive. I sometimes wonder how many people around me on the roads do the same.
‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0
57taskforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 02:51 PM   #27
HIGHWAY BY THE SEA

We no longer have vehicle inspections here in SC. Thank God for that. Cars that are found in violation of any safety equipment laws and cited by police provide more revenue for the state than the inspection stations ever did. The inspectors in the last two years before the law was repealed would find ANY reason not to pass you. Now there is no more way for them to extort more money from customers. And we have never had an emissions law.
PROJECT JIGSAW 1967 GMC C3500
GREAT WHITE 1986 Blazer M1009
HIGHWAY BY THE SEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 12:22 PM   #28
alsriv2

Location: Formerly MD and San Diego, now loving life in Arizona

I remember those Maryland inspections, not too bad if you were aware enough to get things right before the inspection. Back when I grew up in Maine we had yearly inspections, mostly safety gear and steering tightness along with no "thru" rust from exterior of body to interior.
In Guam, the inspections consisted of a light check, a horn check and an alignment check where the vehicle was slowly driven over a set of plates, with hands off the steering wheel, and gauges attached to the plates were monitored to prove good alignment. If the gauge needle deflected past a certain point, you failed.
Now living in Arizona, there are no vehicle inspections, but the county I reside in has emissions testing on everything 1967 and newer. We have tried to change the law to a more typical 25 years old and newer type rule, but the nay sayers refuse to budge making our emissions testing worse than Kalifornia.

2012 Ram 3500 Dually Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins
2014 Palomino Columbus 340RK 5th wheel
'69 Chevy C10 396BB
alsriv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:24 AM   #29
Myoldtruck

Just a follow up, I finally got around to pulling the gauge cluster out and checking the bulbs. High beam bulb was missing, easy fix. rigth turn signal bulb holder has a broken brass prong, I used another one from just the dash light section. I cleaned copper circuit board connections where the holder locks in. Every thing is working now, I just need to get another bulb holder at the junk yard for the missing one I used.
Myoldtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:22 PM   #30
A1971Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
I picked up this '67 cab a while back and the new rule in TN is you have to register / plates when you do a title change . So this bare cab already has a registration and plates with no inspections here she's legal and ready to drive down the road ...

You have to Love TN
Inspection....what's that........ you're right Grumpy but some of the vehicles I see around here are downright scary
Some counties do have/require inspection..my neighbor sold a truck to a friend of mine from Chattanooga....it wouldn't pass their inspection..she brought it here and registered it... we do love Tennessee...!
1972 Chevrolet K/5 Blazer
A1971Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:18 PM   #31
7071lwb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myoldtruck View Post
Just a follow up, I finally got around to pulling the gauge cluster out and checking the bulbs. High beam bulb was missing, easy fix. rigth turn signal bulb holder has a broken brass prong, I used another one from just the dash light section. I cleaned copper circuit board connections where the holder locks in. Every thing is working now, I just need to get another bulb holder at the junk yard for the missing one I used.
I have an extra dash that i use for parts that probably has what you are looking for. Probably too long of a drive to make it worth but if you can't find one in a junkyard and are ever nearby let me know and I'll give you one.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:52 AM   #32
bigmac73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myoldtruck View Post
just FYI , LMC or any truck parts place should have the bulb holders pretty cheap last time I bought a pack
Progression Ignition /Holley 750 DP/3:73 gear Eaton Limited Slip unit / 2 1/2 exhaust glasspacks
bigmac73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 12:10 PM   #33
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom10nut View Post
You say your high beam indicator does work, and the turn signal inside doesn't work?
Do the turn signals work right with the headlights off?
Mine is doing the same thing, but I know what it is.
The grounds on your circuit board. Humidity creates corrosion and causes the break in continuity. Clean all the grounds, clean all the bulb sockets, and add a light coat of Dielectric Grease to the contacts.
That should fix your issue

While you are doing that, check the ground wire for the cluster and make sure it is connected and making good contact. Wiggle the clip back and forth or pull it off and re-install it to make sure the teeth are biting into bare metal.

LockDoc
Attached Images

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote