The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2019, 11:47 AM   #1
Mattchu60

Lowering springs not fitting in pockets - Normal?

I bought a set of lowering springs from belltech for my 87 c10. When I tried to install them this morning I am finding they do not lineup with the factory spring pockets very well. Is this just the way they are? I tried taking them in/out several times - but they will only align with the top "D" shaped pocket in one direction. This leaves the lower end of the spring about 90 degrees off where it should line up. Its darn annoying to me - I don't feel this is right and its allowing the bottom of the spring to slip out of place.

This normal? Just live with it or send em back and try again with another company? I went with belltech as they seem to build top-notch stuff - but this seems wrong to me. Tried calling but they are not open on weekends.

Picture of the springs install into top "D correctly - bottom not lining up.

Picture of the pocket with no spring - you can see the indented area where the spring should extend into.

Mattchu60 is offline   Reply With Quote