The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2015, 11:53 AM   #1
WiggyHD

Good suspension for bad spine...

Lately, I've been thinking and reading about air suspension. I know I want to lower my 1969 C-10 3/4 or 3/5. I have 2 1/2" drop spindles to install, but, I have bought nothing else. I will be installing a 1973 front crossmember with all of the essentials plus the brake lines, prop valve, and booster/master. I broke my neck in the military, and now have three vertebra fused. I also have 4 bulging/herniated discs and bone loss in my lower back. From what I understand, air suspension is a much better ride without the loss of handling. I read on hear a lot about laying frame and quite expensive systems. I don't want to lay frame or autocross. I just want a ride that won't make my neck hurt or make my legs go numb. Are there any systems that are comparable in price to a spring suspension drop kit with shocks? I understand that the air will be more, but I can't afford any of the mac daddy systems... I will also be installing at minimum, a front anti sway bar. It has nothing now and is very sloppy. I do appreciate all of your input!

Thanks!
Mark