The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-29-2003, 11:37 AM   #51
bpmcgee

Hmm. Trying again.
Attached Images

bpmcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 11:39 AM   #52
krazy_texan

my friend has a system on his 72 where you can easily get in the truck and drive about a block and the truck will shut off the carb and everything else in the truck and then you cant get it budge at all, what happens is when the truck ignition switch is bypassed it slowly shuts everything in the truck off and then you are out cold
1990 v1500 suburban
1967 Ford f100 Swb 4x4 "green bean"

GOD BLESS JESUS, JOHN WAYNE, AND THE ALAMO
krazy_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 12:09 PM   #53
Riveted1
Tasty Cakes!

Old Rusty C10, that one got me laughing.

----------------
'66 Chevy SWB "Penny"
'67 Chevy Big Window SWB- aka "Pearl"
'72 Burb- "Betty" "It's not a hearse dammit"
'99 Chevy Ext. cab Silverado
Riveted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 01:05 PM   #54
sneakysnake
It's a catastrophic success.

I put a electric fuel shut off from a truck that had a propane set up
and a ford type solinoid on the main battery cable, with a small bypass wire to run the memory and switches but will burn out if you try to start it with the solinoid not energized
sneakysnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 02:18 PM   #55
Solarus1981

On my EFI car, I simply unplug the power to the computer (OBD1, so no problems) on the truck... there was two ignitions, a tractor style under the hood, hidden under the washer bottle and the one in the cab. in high theft areas there was a pretty strong cable or chain running between the two rear wheels, through the spokes(white wagon wheel type). That and a sticker that said: "owner is not afraid to kill to protect personal property" That and I usually ALWAYS parked next to a BMW, Lex, Acura, etc. Newest "car to be parked next to" is the H2 and any GM SUV.

On a CRX a friend has, there is 4 switches, one to start, one for main power, one for fuel and the ignition. you have to hold the ign. over to start, flip the main power switch then hit the starter button, release the key and filp off the master power switch. confusing as hell if you are trying to start it and you dont know the right way to do it.

Looking to rent a house in Puget Sound area, anyone have one?
Solarus1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 02:34 PM   #56
beau396

The best deterent is not to have anything that anybody else would want, or at least not have it visible. If you do not want your stereo stolen then do not have it visible in the dash. Most criminals rely on easy targets.You like having nice tunes? Get a cd player that goes under or behind the seat. I have a 10 disc that also acts as a radio tuner the only part that is visable is the remote for it. When I park the truck I will hide the remote as well. I also have a quick release for the steering wheel also. It is pretty damn hard to steal when you can not steer it. But if they are determined enough, have the opportunity and have the time they will get it. I just have to make it as hard as possible for them to do it. Just do not make it easy for them.
The best deterent is not to have anything that anybody else would want, or at least not have it visible
'67 C10 short box fleet side wood bed small rear window frame off restoration. 396BB,Th400, ps, pwr disc 5 lug, posi 3.07, 2000 Suburban 60/40 pwr seats, 2.5" front drop 4" rear, powder coated running gear.
beau396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 04:01 PM   #57
brennecke

An old girlfriends dad had a set up that locked you in if you didn't push both kill switches first. He had a loud alarm and stobes under the car that went off while you were stuck in there. The best part...

The alarm speaker was in the car!!!
Stuck in a car with a 120Db horn beneath your seat is no fun.
Never tire of doing what is right II Thess. 3:13
Northeast Missouri
71 LWB original 350 3/speed
Soon to be 500
brennecke is offline   Reply With Quote