The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-20-2012, 10:14 AM   #1
caminokid
Chevy nut

Thumbs up I am Alive 2

Ok once again its been awhile since I have been on here. I sorta lost the passion for anything after selling my 69 stepper. Went as far as selling all my tools and anything vehicle related. I really cant do the work anymore. Between having a heart attack a year ago, high blood pressure....always was 200 something over 100 something which made me stage 2 hypertension, heart rate running wild and then add the car accident which took out 5 disc. C1,2,3,4 and L5. This has totally put me out of work. I picked the wrong time for a business. April 2011 I thought going into a electronic business fixing all kinds of electronics failed. 4 months. Went broke trying to do that. Brought everything back home. 3 months after that lost the house and had to move back into the old house we were in. Yeah back to that neighborhood and next to the neighbor from hell. The plus to this he no longer has a friend as a neighborhood association man running around. So he cant call someone ever 5 minutes telling them I just drove into the driveway with anything. The old ladys mom and dad gave us this house. So I guess that is a plus. I havent been doing any dealings...but its coming. So is a 6 foot privacy fence. The start of this is a Chevy one ton dually. Has to be extended cab and I really want a manual. Been trying to sort out gas or diesel in another thread here. I have located a 26' 8 1/2' enclosed trailer. I have located a 79 Vette L82 4 speed. Should I have it? Probably not. Having a hell of a time getting in and out of a 96 Caddy. A Vette is going to be worse. It will be a fun to drive car once in awhile. I am going to keep this mess to a minimum. Truck, Trailer, Vette and car.

I have Andy on my facebook. So he and I have been commenting on each others postings. We are going to have send him off to BA....Bacon Anonymous. Beginning to worry about him. He seems to be addicted. This obsession is going to give him a heart attack. He has been posting everything bacon. Bacon bread, bacon ice cream, bacon shakes, bacon soda, bacon pizza, Bacon, Bacon BACON!!!!! LOL. Yes I am jealous of Andy. The doc said no more BACON!!!!!! What does Andy do? Posts about BACON!!!! LOL. Does anyone know what its like to go thought a store and go past the fridge section and not be able to grab 6 different types of bacon and sausage to make the omelet from hell? The 10 pound heart attack on a plate? It is hell for me and people like Andy. He hasnt been told he cant have.....Yet! LOL. So I say we need to save Andy from himself. If everyone just sends a 1.00. Even 1.00 can make a difference. Just send your donation to Andy's off shore bank account and you can make a difference in one mans life. Man what am I thinking? Dont send him and money! He will just draw it out and buy more bacon! LOL.

As far as I go, I have made some changes in my life. Not being able to do as much as I used to be able to, I have been just sitting here thinking about what I can do to improve my life. I still work on stereo equipment when I can and I was collecting antique Pioneer home stereo equipment for awhile. That got out of hand quick. So I reduced and started buying records. Yep those fantastic plastic discs that has more then music on them. The pops and clicks when they play bring back those memories of yesteryear. I think I am close to 3000 albums now. Add in the 2500 cassettes too. Yeah might be going over board. But easier to store then say 10 69 Chevy trucks. Been playing alot of Xbox. No longer into the Call Of Duty series anymore. Been playing a game called Dirt Showdown. Its a demolition derby game. Its is fun. People dont get mad in that game. Everyone gets along and has fun. It dont matter who comes in first. So thats its guys. I am alive. Things are looking up.

"Remember kids there is NO replacement for displacement!"
caminokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #2
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Re: I am Alive 2

Glad to see you back on board and that you are doing better. Hopefully some vehicle passion will come back again...at least for driving one.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:21 AM   #3
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: I am Alive 2

-
Just remember, generally you can buy one cheaper than you can build one and you can be on the road instantly...

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote