The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board > 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans and PanelsProjects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2011, 01:21 PM   #1
1972GMCSUB

My Wife's New Ride - 1969 C20 Suburban

So we just picked up a 1969 C20 Suburban. We bought it from the 2nd owner. Her previous ride was a '72 GMC Suburban that has a rebuilt 350 with a turbo 400 that ran great, but the body was not in great shape. She had been wanting me to do the body work on the '72 while I was working on her '66 GMC Custom Deluxe Suburban. I kept telling her to just be patient and that I'd get the '66 done soon. I wasn't wanting to put the money or time into the '72 knowing we'd sell it once the '66 was completed.

Well, we came across the '69 and took a look at it and it was perfect for shuttling the kids around and heading to the beach and all. The previous owner installed an MSD electonic ignition, changed the rear main and a few other seals, installed new tires, aluminum wheels, Magna Flow dual exhaust, Hedman headers, Edelbrock intake, Edelbrock carb, changed the seals in the axle, installed a tach and water temp gauge.

It has the original seats, front and middle only with minor rips on the front, no rips in the middle. I'm taking the rear seat out of the '72 and installing it into the '69. Our 2 girls like to sit in the back and we put our baby in the middle seat. Can you say family vehicle! My wife said to sell the '66 with the '72, she loves this new ride. Well, the '72 is going soon, but I think, (hope) she was joking about selling the '66 too!

It does have some rust at the passenger side upper front part of the cab. The previous owner had a few vehicles and it sat under the roof where water dripped on it. It's minor along with the lower part of the front driver and passenger doors. Carpet is clean and the back rubber mat is intact.

It sounds mean and it jumps off the line with just a little bit of pedal. Brakes work great, when I test drove it, I hammered them to see what would happen, they were responsive and locked up.

Let me see if I can figure out how to post pics of the old '72 and the new '69.

Thanks,

Chris
Huntington Beach, CA

1966 GMC Custom Deluxe Suburban with factory roof rack
1969 Chevy C20 Suburban
1972 GMC Suburban
1972GMCSUB is offline   Reply With Quote