The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-12-2017, 10:04 PM   #1
Ebully72

Cab mount/support fit

I just wanted to check with you guys that are further along than myself. I was wondering about the fit of the front floor support, I know most repo stuff needs some work but my cab bolt hole doesn't line up and I don't think all 4 bolts at the inner rocker will hit the flanges. It is a replacement from key parts. Thanks
Ebully72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:17 AM   #2
notsolo

Re: Cab mount/support fit

I don't have the answer, from what I have read replacement parts are a challenge. Getting them close to original fit is a fight. I have had the body off several times, and this last time the drivers side won't line up! all the other mounts are set, only difference is a couple extra shims in the back. Maybe someone will chime in and help you get your sheet metal alignment better. Is your frame strait? Is the top on? Hope you get it worked out so you can move on... Good luck.
Attached Images

notsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 10:44 AM   #3
jaros44sr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebully72 View Post
I just wanted to check with you guys that are further along than myself. I was wondering about the fit of the front floor support, I know most repo stuff needs some work but my cab bolt hole doesn't line up and I don't think all 4 bolts at the inner rocker will hit the flanges. It is a replacement from key parts. Thanks
Maybe you could post up a pic, and we could see the fit, mine seemed to go in without any trouble

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 07:43 PM   #4
Ebully72

Notsolo, thanks for posting the door opening measurements I used that when I first got my blazer just to check we're everything was. I didn't check the frame for being square. I wondering (hoping) that the bottom measurement should be 35 7/8.

Jim, I should know better about including pics.😂. I have it in i had to elongate the body mount hole and I'll have to cut the flanges and weld it back up don't know if you will see it in the pics. I was just curious how everybody else's fit . Thanks guys
Attached Images

Ebully72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 12:40 PM   #5
jaros44sr

doesn't look to bad, floor stiffener will cover the one area, maybe a stepper drill will help with other

you may want to come back and weld the divots now, as you wont have access later

using clecos, really helps hold things together, in the pre weld stage

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote