The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2012, 04:53 PM   #1
eric28miller

89 crew cab k20 4wd twin turbo cummins swap

So after months of research and purchasing parts i'm finally digging in. I first got the motor a few years back from a Case IH agriculture sprayer that i bought and stripped after it had been hit by a train. The sprayer flew 90 feet and amazingly the motor was fine, except for the oil pan, pickup tube, and injector lines. I've been wanting to drop the motor into something for a long time. I finally bought a 6" lifted 84 crew cab chevy with the frame already shortened rust free box cab and 1990 suburban power doors and front clip and 468 big block. But i ran into a big problem.. The vin tag for the dash got lost because a new surburban dash was swapped in and the old one was cut out and, well, it disappeared... Then lucky for me a different guy in town was selling his 89 crew cab chevy with 45k original miles that he bought from the Arizona swat force. He removed the bombproof swat center room whatever you wanna call it and installed a flatbed. What's great is it's never seen salt so it's in fantastic condition, inside and out. I sold the bed for $2000 and the engine for $1500 so i don't have much invested in it. Anyway i'm pretty new to these forums so bear with me as i try to get my pics uploaded and more details will come soon.

Before

After

eric28miller is offline   Reply With Quote