The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-24-2017, 11:15 PM   #1
Originalthor

1968 Chevrolet "Slow" and "Quiet" Build

Good Evening all. Hope you all enjoy watching this build as I do reading all the other builds Great job all and gave me some great ideas along the help with google images when you search C10 Race truck.

I am no stranger to these beauties as I have owned 5 of them in my life time. 3 of them were before the age of 16. Even did my first 80s disk brake swap at the age of 16. The last one was a 70 chevy C30 grain truck that I redid the old wood and metal grain box with a 3 foot front tool storage in the front and the back 9 dumped the garbage at the end of the day. Was my DD for 2 years without a hiccup and work got slow and had to sell it with my company to my buddy so It hasn't gone far so I still get to drive it from time to time.

The father inlaw has always said if I ever needed any parts that he had 3 of them sitting in a field since 92 and longer. Never needed any parts accept a heater control unit but got lucky and found 2 at a garage sale for 2 bucks so never went and looked at them.

A year has gone by and I miss my truck I got to get one of them. Crazy not to their free. I only had a very small window to get them cause there was canola fields around them and they are the last ones to come off. And then it snows. Crops came off I rounded up the buddies and a flat deck and lets go driving through some fields.

Slow and quiet. Yeah right. Its gonna be piston pumping throttle stomping hard cornering FUN.
"Slow" Yes I got three kids, full time job, and work on everybody vehicles when stuff goes wrong plus my own DD Mods.
"Quiet" I got no motor. Just me making the noise with blood sweat and beers. Gears come later. I got a lot of work to do.

Plans. A lot of them. End of day 900 something full out autocross race truck.

Main one LWB to SWB Conversion.
Lifting back half of frame up 4 inches
Fully home built coil over system using a 80 cross member.
LS For sure tucked back and as low as it can go. Fire wall mods will happen.

And a Pile of body work. And I mean a pile.
Full custom front and back roll pan.
Maybe do a full front fender and hood flip forward.
And something on the sides. Always hated how you could see the weld seam on the cab rockers and the box is up that half inch or so.

Enough Reading and time for some pictures already. The truck is already torn apart and frame sitting on a home built frame table but I cant give you all the pictures at once now can I what fun would that be.
Attached Images

Originalthor is offline   Reply With Quote