The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2008, 01:07 PM   #1
Sinisterspeed

The Neverending Longhorn 11/01-current

OK I will try to make a long story as short as possible. I have no pictures of the progress until recently. That what has kept me from adding my build to this site. However, I figure I would add it anyway this would give me a place or even a reason to do a better job of documenting the progress from here on out. If those of you choose to read it, cool. If not that fine too. If I find my Dad has some pictures from in there anywhere I will scan them and add them to the appropriate place in the build.

Chapter 1

Back in early 2001 I was just finishing this one. When I got laid off work after 8 years on the job. I had to sell it; Since it was paid for, and I got 11,500 for it before it was even finished. So, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

This one is a SWB with 3/4 ton axles and a BB 402 and AC. Full custom interior. I was nice but I had to let it go.

Once I decided I would sell it to pay house payments and pay some other things off I had told the "ex" wife that I would but I would have a nicer one next time.

So here it the replacement I bought in 11/01 for 4k (on payments)

This one was build about 20 years before this and My Dads girlfriend bought It to use for dump runs and winter driving when I was 12. I was 28 when she finally retired and sold it to me for the 4k I paid for it.

I knew this truck needed rockers, doors, and front fenders when I bought it. I located new doors and fenders. I Stripped the truck in 12/01 and contacted a buddy that had a paint shop to do the rockers and repaint the whole truck as a decent driver.

70 GMC Longhorn (A.K.A Money Bucket)
57 Chev 3100
05 Chevy LLY Dmax.
67 Chevy Camaro

Dad's Budget Build 55

My Longhorn Build

Last edited by Sinisterspeed; 07-01-2009 at 08:08 PM.
Sinisterspeed is offline   Reply With Quote