The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2017, 04:48 PM   #11
knomadd

Re: Knomadd '71 SWB C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic1947 View Post
Way to go, Duane! Cool sunvisor...
Thanks Vic. Funny you should say that... a friend of mine said the same thing when I sent him the same pic. Great minds...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackman101 View Post
Where did you source your intake parts? That filter is huge!
Well, they are a mix of different parts. The black tube and filter are from a K&N kit I bought for a 2016 Silverado/Sierra 2500HD (IIRC). That vehicle used the same MAF sensor as the van mine came from. But that kit didn't work as-is. The throttle body is different (the van is slightly smaller) and I had to cut up the tube and buy a couple more bends and couplers from Spectre to get it to work like I wanted. Eventually I'll have them welded together, but I'll have to pay someone to do it for me, so it'll be costly. This was the cheaper route to get it running sooner. I have way too much money in this cold air intake already. If I was to do it all over again, I would have skipped the K&N kit to begin with and just went to Spectre.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKGMC4 View Post
I see the Dapper headlights are in. Have you lit them up yet? How do you like them? Mine have been sitting in the box for months now.
I've lit them up while it was in the garage, but that's it. I can't tell how they work at night, but so far, they're sure bright! I did go with the HID kit too though, so that helps with the brightness. I like how they look. Hopefully they light up the road well.

C/10 Club Texas member
1971 Chevy C10 "Brutus" SWB Fleetside 2016 6.0L (L96) 6L90E (driver/project)
1965 Pontiac GTO "Royal Goat" 400/TH400 w/AC (my baby)
knomadd is offline   Reply With Quote