The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2017, 01:29 PM   #1
chevlady

Love my current job right now

I love my current job now.I work at a trucking company as a one of the truck mechanics there and will be 4 weeks tomorrow.Getting better hours and treated better too.Last place I worked for,it was getting bad.Pay was getting bad and was getting treated badly.Boss says I am a great employee,don't sit around doing nothing waiting for parts.I clean my 3 work areas up when waiting for parts and straighten my tool cart up finding my tools easily.One thing that convinced him to hire me was I am the person that comes in on time.The other is I am a veteran,he likes to hire veterans which he has a lot respect for whom deserve a chance.I served 8 years in the Marines which I am proud of.So far a great review from the head mechanic,service manager and parts manager too reported to my boss.The head mechanic,Gus likes that I do work and I don't go to him for help everytime called don't poke the bear.Co workers,I get along with too.My boss's drivers,they see I care about the trucks.I leave a grease stain inside,it gets cleaned up right away and one driver witnessed me do this so far.Told me thank you and appreciated it.Boss is already talking giving me a raise next month,no comebacks with the repairs done right the first time.
chevlady is offline   Reply With Quote