The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-21-2014, 01:33 AM   #1
Sacramento70
Blazer Fanatic

cst or not...its the one

Im curious to see if a cst truck or a non cst truck is important to members and if it affects your desire to buy it....keep in mind were the few who care about certain things and what came on the spid, but does it effect buying value or is it just like owning a SS chevelle where saying i have a SS is important to you? Let me know because im curious. I own a non cst and it doesn't bother me because ill never sell my truck and im proud to own a blazer. all the options i add are my ideas and it seems to me that we all customize to are like and cst is lost in the process anyhow and its just a thing to say are truck was.....im excluding those who rebuild to specifics of cst and true historians that make it original again.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:21 AM   #2
Blazerowner

Re: cst or not...its the one

I think it's a plus. I didn't necessarily look for it but it was a good buying point for me. I have a 70 Chevelle Malibu and don't care it's not an ss. I can upgrade without hurting the value like you would an ss car.
Blazerowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:42 AM   #3
1tuff71

Didn't really matter to me. I did want A/C and an auto trans but my truck is pretty much a resto mod and I'll never sell either.
1tuff71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:19 AM   #4
Banderian

Mine is a CST, but I never thought much about it either way. (It did come equipped with A/C, but since I have a soft top, and it's down most of the time anyway, I don't see the point in fixing the A/C.) Never thought about it in terms of resale value, since I don't plan on re-selling. Like most of us (I suspect) I look at 1st Gen Blazers and Jimmy's on Craigslist looking for a deal too good to pass up, but I never calculate whether it is a CST into what I think a Blazer should be worth. Condition is all that really counts.
Banderian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 05:55 PM   #5
rwhite692

When I bought mine, it really wasn't a factor, more important to me was finding one with a manual trans in my price range.
rwhite692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:58 PM   #6
pound41

have 3 cst 1 has no a/c and did not come with power steering other two have ac etc. The coolest blazer I owned 72 Non CST single wall top AC, swing away tire carrier. tach dash black seats I cannot remember the back seat but the front seats the inner part of the seats were weave/mesh looking pattern, I know they are original because a family friend had another 72 that had those seats.
pound41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:35 PM   #7
Maximus

I wasn't too worried about getting a CST, however I also have a different way of looking at things... My father has owned his 1955 Belair Sedan since long before I was born, as I grew up I saw alot of 210 and 150 chevies trimmed out to mimic the iconic belair. When I was 15 I almost bought a 57' 150 just because you never see the base models... that sale fell through and I ended up buying my '55 shortbed a week later (the one in my build thread in my signature line)

As these blazers get older, more and more CST trucks will be restored and a bunch of the standard blazers might end up with some fancy trim and CST badges to emulate the top of the line model. I think the base models will ultimately become less common and therefore more unique... although I might just be way over-thinking this... I did have a 10 minute conversation with someone telling me my blazer wasn't a 72' because it didnt have the correct side marker lights. it took me all of the 10 minutes to convince him that my truck was the base model, and we didnt get the fancy marker lights!
I also bought a shorbed 72 ford f100 because it is the base model and had less trim, sometimes simpler is cleaner as well...
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 03:55 AM   #8
joea307

i own 2 cst blazers,i bought both of them based on being kinda rare.The 71 has a four wheel pop up camper and is middle green those were the main reasons of me buying it.I would has still bought it if it wasn't a cst.The 72 cst i thought was also kinda rare,a/c ,4 speed manuel,still numbers matching,lots of documentaion.

I have also spent alot of timee looking up blazers of sale i have 3 four inch binders full of c.l.for sale adds and ebay and other site add and what i have seen is people want blazers with good bodys and run and sometimes have original documentation but the main thing is price range,the cst option doesn't seen to matter.
joea307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:06 AM   #9
Sacramento70
Blazer Fanatic

great replies to all, seems that some care about CST while others just see a blazer for what it is, A great truck and a great piece of history
Old 04-29-2014, 10:20 AM   #10
GhostTown

For me it was more about the options the truck came with rather than the label. Tach, AC, Tilt were all important to me. The CST badge meant nothing.
GhostTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:35 PM   #11
turp mcspray

It is a lot easier to add options, than it is to fix rust. I would rather buy a solid base level truck, and add my desired options, than a loaded but rusted to death truck, and have to fix tons of rust!
My Blazer build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342299
turp mcspray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:47 PM   #12
tjsblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by turp mcspray View Post
It is a lot easier to add options, than it is to fix rust. I would rather buy a solid base level truck, and add my desired options, than a loaded but rusted to death truck, and have to fix tons of rust!
Personally this is exactly the way I looked at it. I looked for the most solid unit I could find. Turned out it happened to be lower optioned but I am changing some items to suit my tastes. For me, not having rust repairs was the driving factor.
The mid year vettes I own or have owned originality was very important because that brings the big money when selling. Blazers, not near as much the case I find it is more based on overall condition and quality of the truck.

'72 Blazer K5

"Camshaft opinions are like belly buttons; everyone has one and no two are alike"

My Blazer Build:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=626752

My Engine Build:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=637336
tjsblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:25 AM   #13
70cst

The CST is a simply extra Ginger Bread on a truck but ... one can have a CST optioned truck with very few options. If one isn't going to keep it 100% stock I don't think its a big deal.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:47 AM   #14
Sacramento70
Blazer Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cst View Post
The CST is a simply extra Ginger Bread on a truck but ... one can have a CST optioned truck with very few options. If one isn't going to keep it 100% stock I don't think its a big deal.
i agree, i love my blazer, simply put - who cares what i do to it, its mine and im never letting it go
Old 05-01-2014, 02:48 PM   #15
Blazerowner

Ya CST is cool but in the end I'm with the guys above on rust. Not as much of an issue in this state but can be a deal breaker. I really wanted an air cab so that was a bigger deal for me personally. Also wanted the single wall top. Those two items were more important when I was looking. All the other option are bonuses. The fact it was a CST made me want it more but would not have been a deal breaker. I'm actually looking for a c10 now and the only thing I'm worried about is a clean body and not a hack job.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:42 PM   #16
Guana

When I was looking for mine two of the major options that was a deal breaker was CST and the radio hole could not be cut.

I was lucky to find one.......
Guana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:44 PM   #17
Blazerowner

Mine doesn't have the radio hole cut either. They do make a patch panel for it now though so probably not as big of a deal.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:45 AM   #18
richeilers

I didn't really care either way. The 71 I found is a CST, no A/C. But none of the badging is on it. I plan to put it on though. Three questions: 1. I can not find anything that specifies EXACTLY what is included in CST for 1971 - anyone know? 2. The only repro door badges I have found have the yellow insert. Is that the only color they were? (plan to paint mine in with red to match the truck). 3. Can anyone with an originally badged CST please send me the exact measurements for door placement? Thanks to all.

1971 Blazer 2wd CST 454 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=641414
richeilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 04:18 PM   #19
richeilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTown View Post
For me it was more about the options the truck came with rather than the label. Tach, AC, Tilt were all important to me. The CST badge meant nothing.
You DO realize, I hope, that "options the truck came with" is EXACTLY what a CST is about right? It INCLUDES options not found in other packages......CST is NOT just a label.....or badging.

Old 05-14-2015, 04:53 PM   #20
GhostTown

Quote:
Originally Posted by richeilers View Post
You DO realize, I hope, that "options the truck came with" is EXACTLY what a CST is about right? It INCLUDES options not found in other packages......CST is NOT just a label.....or badging.
Yes, yes, YES.... interior trim options, etc. NOT just a LABEL. Thanks for the CORRECTION, a year later.

Still don't give a damn. CST packages don't make them a more CAPABLE trucks... right?
Old 05-14-2015, 09:21 PM   #21
richeilers

Right, not more capable.......just more desirable and valuable.

Old 05-14-2015, 09:30 PM   #22
GhostTown

Quote:
Right, not more capable.......just more desirable and valuable.
You're a hero in your little world.

Trust that I'm not envious.

Old 05-14-2015, 09:50 PM   #23
richeilers

Me either. At least I live in reality.

Old 05-14-2015, 10:00 PM   #24
GhostTown

Quote:
Me either. At least I live in reality.
Go dig up another ancient thread and find some other guy to be a prick to. Dragging the world back to your reality one "no one gives a f*ck" at a time. Good on ya brother.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:03 PM   #25
richeilers

awww, didn't mean to make you butt hurt. Was just enlightening you some since it looked like you needed it.