The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2017, 04:06 PM   #1
dmjlambert

Window seal kit, outside squeegee and inside felt

I have a 69 CST-10 and working on the passenger side window, I have most of the weatherstripping done in the glass run and division bar. The part I'm working on now is the window seal kit. I have the Precision brand kits I bought from GMC Paul. In this post when I talk about front and rear, I mean the part toward the front of the truck or rear of the truck.

When I went to put the outside squeegee in the window slot, I found it to be a little bit too long. If I place the rear of the squeegee against the glass run, the front of the squeegee extends beyond the division bar.

Placement against glass run:

Name:  rear squeegee.jpg
Views: 912
Size:  45.1 KB

Extends to front of division bar:

Name:  front squeegee.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  53.2 KB

In this picture, I am showing the squeegee after I cut about 1/4 inch off the front of it to get it to fit. The tape is there because I didn't realize it had a separate chrome bead crimped onto it, so I messed it up a little when I tried using a hacksaw to shorten it. I glued the chrome bead back to the squeegee and taped it, waiting for it to dry. That was a pain to cut, there is no way I could get the hacksaw to cut forward, I could only cut it by dragging the saw backwards and lift it and place it for each stroke. So, anyway, I think it will fit. It looks like it goes from the front of the glass run to the front of the division bar. I compared that to the driver's door which I have not taken apart yet. So far, so good? Any recommendations or just go ahead and clip it in?

Now let's look at the inside felt. When I place the felt against the rear of the division bar...

Name:  front felt.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  43.7 KB

...at the rear of the felt, it extends into the glass run. I'm thinking I need to cut about 1/2 inch of this off so it goes as far as the front of the glass run, and not into it. Is that right?

Name:  rear felt.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  42.1 KB
dmjlambert is offline   Reply With Quote