The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-12-2015, 09:54 PM   #1
Juiced06GTO

Disc Brake Spindles 69 C10 Sub

I know this answer is probably in here somewhere, but I have searched and can't seem to find a clear answer or I am just misunderstanding things. If i get the CPP standard height disc brake conversion spindles I can use all the stock steering parts on the truck and throw on a set of 71-87 front rotors? I am looking to keep the truck 6 lug.

The reason I ask is I happen to have a set of calipers/pads/rotors for an 87 C10 kicking around in my basement and would love to use them if I could. I know the master and prop valve need to be swapped out as well.

Thanks in advance for the help and yes I am trying to avoid paying 900+ dollars to put front discs on the truck!
Juiced06GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 10:38 PM   #2
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: Disc Brake Spindles 69 C10 Sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced06GTO View Post
I know this answer is probably in here somewhere, but I have searched and can't seem to find a clear answer or I am just misunderstanding things. If i get the CPP standard height disc brake conversion spindles I can use all the stock steering parts on the truck and throw on a set of 71-87 front rotors? I am looking to keep the truck 6 lug.

The reason I ask is I happen to have a set of calipers/pads/rotors for an 87 C10 kicking around in my basement and would love to use them if I could. I know the master and prop valve need to be swapped out as well.

Thanks in advance for the help and yes I am trying to avoid paying 900+ dollars to put front discs on the truck!

Don't know if you have seen this thread or not and you may have to scroll down quite a ways for your setup, but it is just about everything you ever wanted to know about brake swaps....

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=456889

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 11:20 PM   #3
Juiced06GTO

Re: Disc Brake Spindles 69 C10 Sub

I did, but i just reread it and think I found the answer I was looking for. It will only work to keep the 6 lug design if I use the specially made ECE rotors at 109 a pop, that plus the spindles, plus the master, prop valve etc makes the kit look that much more appealing!
Juiced06GTO is offline   Reply With Quote