The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-05-2010, 08:48 PM   #76
trixter99
I have no time for this

Re: Look what the insurance wants me to do.

Insurance companies are all capable of making poor business decisions. I have fixed a lot of vehicles that should have been wrote off but the insurance ass hats have no Idea of how to write as sheet because most of the estimaters are washed up ex bodymen that were'nt worth a damn to begin with thats why the go and get those jobs or they were hired off the street and sent to estmating school and brain washed into being useless drones. Ihave no use for insurance companies all they care about are themselves. We quit working for them and went back to private work becuase it was to much hassle being told how to do the jobs and what parts to use.
1999 Hugger orange Camaro SS
2007 BMW X5 Sport

Last edited by trixter99; 02-05-2010 at 08:48 PM.
trixter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:48 PM   #77
lax54650

WOW ive done a couple wrecks. simple r/i after pull that my friend is too much work for me. i have seen them done where they will cut floor and lap weld used rocker and post in. would be faster but unsure of durability
lax54650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:03 PM   #78
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepside83 View Post
wow that sucks we had cases like that all the time, bout insurance companys wanting used replacement parts put on a year old or new car, where i worked we also had a case that someone sewed the insurance company for useing old parts on a newer car along with a bunch of other issues, i tell you the insurance companys do what ever they can to get as much money as possible into there pocket and not helping there customers at all
Most of the new insurance adjusters are college grads that don't know a front bumper from a rear. There are exceptions to the rule, that's the trend that I am seeing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixter99 View Post
Insurance companies are all capable of making poor business decisions. I have fixed a lot of vehicles that should have been wrote off but the insurance ass hats have no Idea of how to write as sheet because most of the estimaters are washed up ex bodymen that were'nt worth a damn to begin with thats why the go and get those jobs or they were hired off the street and sent to estmating school and brain washed into being useless drones. Ihave no use for insurance companies all they care about are themselves. We quit working for them and went back to private work becuase it was to much hassle being told how to do the jobs and what parts to use.
Wish I was in a position to do that. Private work that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lax54650 View Post
WOW ive done a couple wrecks. simple r/i after pull that my friend is too much work for me. i have seen them done where they will cut floor and lap weld used rocker and post in. would be faster but unsure of durability
Thanks!!
Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:26 PM   #79
msgross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan's Classic View Post
Most of the new insurance adjusters are college grads that don't know a front bumper from a rear. There are exceptions to the rule, that's the trend that I am seeing.
My first job offer out of college was as an adjuster. The one thing I remember them saying in the interview was "you'll write more checks in the beginning, but as you get more experience you'll write less and less". It's a business and in business you don't make money by writing checks to customers...

3 weeks later I was in flight school and didn't have to worry about screwing people in that industry...
1969 C-10 LWB (SOLD) "Project flip that truck or else"
1993 Passport, F@rd 1-ton (SOLD)"Project Cousin Eddie"

My Garage Build "The 1,000 footer"

Last edited by msgross; 03-04-2010 at 10:28 PM.
msgross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:56 PM   #80
jsmithbm

[QUOTE=Alan's Classic;3840261]Most of the new insurance adjusters are college grads that don't know a front bumper from a rear. There are exceptions to the rule, that's the trend that I am seeing.

Alan, that so true. i just ran across this posting too. That m3 should have been totaled. your boss / estimator *who ever* didn't write it up right. I would not have fixed it! 143 hours is a total loss all day long!!!
i dont want to live with these cars thats for sure.

good venting about it though.....
start posting those videos and maybe we can get them sent to Stacy David and get you a co hosting spot!!!!!
Old 03-09-2010, 09:24 PM   #81
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgross View Post
My first job offer out of college was as an adjuster. The one thing I remember them saying in the interview was "you'll write more checks in the beginning, but as you get more experience you'll write less and less". It's a business and in business you don't make money by writing checks to customers...

3 weeks later I was in flight school and didn't have to worry about screwing people in that industry...
It's great you didn't go down that road. Just wish I could get out and still support the family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmithbm View Post
Alan, that so true. i just ran across this posting too. That m3 should have been totaled. your boss / estimator *who ever* didn't write it up right. I would not have fixed it! 143 hours is a total loss all day long!!!
i dont want to live with these cars thats for sure.

good venting about it though.....
start posting those videos and maybe we can get them sent to Stacy David and get you a co hosting spot!!!!!
Knock on wood that car never came back for anything. It will be my luck that it is waiting for me in the am.

Do you have connections with Stacey David? That would be a dream come true. I'd love to get a job teaching and showing people different techniques. I don't have the fundage to do anything more than home videos which some of ya'll have seen already.
Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:23 PM   #82
watahyahknow

there insurance companies here that try to use junkyard parts where ever possible but they advertize with it and there cheaper than regulair companies and is better for the inviroment .
i dont think they go as far as replacing the side that way the hourly rate here lies around 40 euro an hour for a bodyguy so they want it done as eazy and fast as possible

they do work on structural stuff but it has to be reaproved for roaduse and they do a visual check and a driving test used to work for a company that made limos out of mercedeses they where used as taxies mostly they cut them in half pulled them apart made new sides and used factorie parts for the middle piece of the floor and roof put in an extra doorjam and used the front part of a reardoor and the back part of a front door to make the middle door
they did rust a lot faster than factorie stuff

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts
watahyahknow is offline   Reply With Quote