The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-11-2015, 06:28 PM   #51
MARTINSR

Re: Skymangs...Old Sarge Customs shop fire?

Damn that's sad, and SCARY!

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:19 AM   #52
T-P Auto

Did not expect to see it that bad.
That is going to be hard to recover from.
Just hope n pray that Chris is going to be all right.
That is what is most important to all of us n for the family.
The shop can be rebuilt,
Live are harder to rebuild.

T-P Auto
Tim
T-P Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:43 PM   #53
tre5

Just donated what I could for now. His information on the S10 thread is worth every penny that gets donated to help him. Cheers to a speedy recovery!
Customer build 1980 C10 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...49#post7210949
tre5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 10:09 AM   #54
Advanced Design

Here is the latest update on Chris that was posted 11 hours ago on the Caring Bridge site. Thanks to all for the donations now just a bit below $3,000 and for the continued prayers.

Chris is doing well this week. His dialysis catheter was removed on Wednesday. He has still had a slight fever, but keeping down the upper 90's to 101. He tracks you with his eyes and tries to talk to you, but gets very frustrated when you can't figure out what he is trying to tell you. But the doctors are happy with his progress. The burns are healing well and the two places that they will have to do some reconstruction on they have vacuum packed right now. This procedure will cause the body to send extra blood to those areas to help stimulate growth on it is own. Next week he should be getting a feeding tube placed in the gut and removed from his nose.

I apologize that the updates are not more often. School is about to start and we are getting back into the mode of everything that entails. Hopefully once settled back into the flow the updates will be more often.
Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 11:51 AM   #55
T-P Auto

AD
Thanks for the UpDate;

Have not worked on the build much.
Just doing a lot of lawn mowers n weed eaters for people.
The rain here made the weed grow like crazy.
Plus the mosquito have been bad.

T-P Auto
Tim
T-P Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 02:33 PM   #56
mr48chev

The update on Chris is much appreciated. It's good to see that he is on the road to recovery even though it looks to be a long one.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:05 AM   #57
oldman3

Thanks Doug...Jim
oldman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 07:03 PM   #58
rambler
MOVE OVER

been swamped at work and travel and have not been on this site much, I never saw the pics before, waiting to see if they ever allow visitors up there. he is a great guy, hoping for a recovery.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:55 AM   #59
oossuuu754

Here is an update on Chris from his wife:

By Jennifer Klapp — Aug 15, 2015 9:10pm

Chris is doing well this week. His dialysis catheter was removed on Wednesday. He has still had a slight fever, but keeping down the upper 90's to 101. He tracks you with his eyes and tries to talk to you, but gets very frustrated when you can't figure out what he is trying to tell you. But the doctors are happy with his progress. The burns are healing well and the two places that they will have to do some reconstruction on they have vacuum packed right now. This procedure will cause the body to send extra blood to those areas to help stimulate growth on it is own. Next week he should be getting a feeding tube placed in the gut and removed from his nose.

Cecil-1953 5 window build thread

Skymangs..Chris of Old Sarge customs had a shop fire and was severly injured. To help with the medical bills and expenses a fund has been set up here....http://gofundme.com/c49h5mjx8 More details are here...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post7253189
oossuuu754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:36 AM   #60
74project

Lets try to keep this thread at the top of the page till we get to 5k.
74project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 01:17 PM   #61
oossuuu754

Jennifer posted another update
Busy week

By Jennifer Klapp — 49 minutes ago

this week has started off busy, in the aspect of Chris being rolled off to here and there and everywhere. Yesterday he went for a CT scan and today he is going to three different places, one being MRI. Right now they are putting in a filter to stop blood clots from going to the lungs. Later he is going to go down to have a drain tube or re put in to get some fluid off the lungs. Tomorrow or Thursday he is going to surgery for skin grafts on elbow and maybe hand. We meet Dr. Grossmen on VTC yesterday , a meeting about what they are going to do tomorrow or Thursday.

Skymangs..Chris of Old Sarge customs had a shop fire and was severly injured. To help with the medical bills and expenses a fund has been set up here....http://gofundme.com/c49h5mjx8 More details are here...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post7253189
Old 08-25-2015, 03:16 PM   #62
oldman3

Thanks for the update...Jim
oldman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 05:16 PM   #63
58CameoAZ

Hopes and Prayers sent and he is not in to much pain.

Allen
58CameoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:08 AM   #64
oossuuu754

Let's see if we can get this ball rolling again. We need about $1900 to get the $5000 goal. Please share this and lets help out Chris. He is making some progress but is still facing a long recovery battle. Please donate here: http://gofundme.com/c49h5mjx8
Attached Images

Old 08-26-2015, 08:03 PM   #65
rambler
MOVE OVER

Maybe post or contact admin to put on main page?
Old 08-29-2015, 12:09 AM   #66
joedoh

its a new month! hit it again fellas.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 11:36 AM   #67
oossuuu754

Updated from Chris' Wife. We still need about $2k to hit the $5k goal

By Jennifer Klapp — Aug 27, 2015 10:45am

So naturally things have changed since the beginning of the week. He is no longer having the skin flap done until they can get this infection in and around his lungs resolved. So tomorrow Chris will be having surgery to have the fluid that developed on the outside of his lungs removed. Then in a couple of weeks once infection is not a worry they will do the skin flap on his elbow.

Every day he is becoming more aware of everything around him. Yesterday I got to tell him about what has happened since he has been in the hospital. How there was a time when we didn't know if he was going to make it through the night. It was a little hard and I don't know how much he understood. Probably more than I believe he understood.

Thank you for all the support and prayers that you all have been sending our direction.

Old 09-11-2015, 05:18 PM   #68
Advanced Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
its a new month! hit it again fellas.
Right on joedoh!

Here is an update

the end of August and the beginning of September
By Jennifer Klapp — Aug 31, 2015 3:10pm

So the surgery went well on Friday afternoon. The removed a lot of "goo" ( yes this is a technical term,LOL) from the right side of his chest. We are still waiting on the cultures from that, and the lower air sac was removed from his right lung. The tissue was hard and no longer workable, and that is also being cultured. The goal for the week is to get the chest tube removed and to stay off the ventilator for 24hrs.

It was a quiet weekend, for Chris until Sunday night when his sisters arrived to wee him. They were only here for a quick visit as they had to get back to work, but he enjoyed seeing and hearing them. Not much else to report right now, I want to Thank you all for the prayers and good vibes everyone has and continues to send our direction. We feel very blessed.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:55 AM   #69
Advanced Design

Update posted an hour ago on Facebook.

Ole' Sarge Customs
1 hr ·
Chris is doing well. We have moved to long term care at Select Hospital in Research Medical Center. They gave him a blocker on his tracheotomy so he could use his own voice better. Hoping to do a swallow test soon so we can start drinking and eating again.
19 Likes5 Comments
Like Comment Share
Top Comments
You and 18 others like this.
Write a comment
Old 09-15-2015, 09:50 AM   #70
ETraugott

donated... Has the go fund me and story been shared on the other year model topics. not everyone looks at all of them.
ETraugott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 09:57 AM   #71
Advanced Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETraugott View Post
donated... Has the go fund me and story been shared on the other year model topics. not everyone looks at all of them.
Yes, a thread "one of our own needs help" was posted by Shawn in the other years forums. He has done a great job setting up the fund and spreading the word.

Thanks to all for your donations, thoughts and prayers!
Old 11-13-2015, 05:19 PM   #72
Advanced Design

Here is an update from the Caring Bridge website. Our donations are now just $920 short of the goal. Thanks to all who have donated and I am sure Chris' family appreciates the help. I donated again. Maybe you can too.

Latest Journal Update
Long time and no words
By Jennifer Klapp — Oct 5, 2015 9:25pm

Sorry it has been such a long time since I have posted anything about Chris's recovery. He was moved to LTC( long term care) and the end of September. He has had his tract. removed and is almost healed. Everyday they are working on his hands and legs. He will have surgery for his elbow but it won't be for a couple of weeks.

He is growing stronger everyday and he stood for a short time today and he also sat in a wheel chair for a while. So hopefully I will be able to take him outside to see the fall colors that are starting here and get some fresh air. His left arm and hand are recovering faster than his right, but it is his right elbow that needs the skin flap. Chris can touch his face with his left hand but we don't have the strength to hold anything yet, so he has to be feed. We are learning to eat real food again and to drink liquids that are thickened so he doesn't choke. He works hard at everything and can't wait to come home. He still has a few more steps to get through before that will happen, but it is getting closer.

I go up to see him at least six of the seven days in the week and it seems to help him want to keep going. It is hard sometimes to go when I can only be there for a short amount of time. Last week I was having a bad day, and so I left earlier than I normally do and the next day he told me that he thought someone had come and taken me away. There are days that it is hard to be there, his mind is not completely with us. Today it was a day of dealing with more of a toddler who can't quite reach everything that they want so they are demanding for you to retrieve that item for them. Other days he is more of the relaxed, what ever type of attitude. No I don't know if it is permenant or just temp. time will only tell.

But thank you for all of your support and prayers, they truly have been helpful.
Old 11-19-2015, 11:35 PM   #73
tmoble

I've found that recovery from a serious medical issue can be long and hard with ups and downs, good days and bad days. Sounds like his wife is keeping her head screwed on straight pretty much. Lots of times I couldn't tolerate or manage any change in my routine. At all. I was fortunate to have a wife who took her wedding vows seriously: "....in sickness and in health....". I would have passed away in early 2014 if it weren't for her and her friends. I'll never know how she stuck around that long, I was off work 9 months.
tmoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 01:09 PM   #74
wwbill617

Donated. Best wishes for Old Sarge and family in this Holiday season.

Merry Christmas
Bill
wwbill617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:45 PM   #75
rambler
MOVE OVER

Latest update.. some good news.. with work so crazy, I hope to see him this weekend. if I get a day off...

Latest Journal Update
Moved on up
By Jennifer Klapp — Nov 27, 2015 9:26pm

Chris is now on the sixth Floor at Research working everyday in rehab. He is taking baby steps and learning to control his muscles. He is also working on hand control, including arms. Chris loves seeing people and talking about what is going on in the world and others lives. We are hoping to be home for Christmas, and it will take lots of work, but I think he can do it .