The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2012, 10:00 PM   #1
bj383ss

1964 Chevy Stepside (Old Blue)

Hello All,

New here just wanted to introduce myself and my truck. Here is my story. This 64 Chevy belonged to my Father in law. He bought it back in 1981 and somewhat had it fixed up and drove it as a daily driver for about 10 years. He sold it to my brother in law and that is how it ended up in this condition. My brother in law sold it back to him in 2002 and it has been sitting ever since.

My FIL gave it to my wife and I to fix up for our boys. They are 3 and 6 right now. My FIL recently passed away from cancer. One of his last wishes was for me to get the truck back to a daily driver. So that is the mission I am on. He had just finished building a very nice 3 bay garage which is 1800 sqft. My mother in law has given my full range of the garage and is going to help fund stuff for the truck when she can.

First thing I have done is getting some used tires on it and rolled it up into the garage. I also drained the gas tank which was full of water. It is an aftermarket fuel cell that was mounted under the frame in an amateurish way. My brother in law basically destroyed this truck so I will be putting her back to her previous glory.

My plan right now is to get her running and street legal. Haven't decided on the paint yet either will try CLR or just paint it satin black. Hopefully the motor is still good if not I have a 383 stroker in my 79' Caprice I will be pulling and putting in. Enough talking here are the photos. I hope to make alot of friends along the way!

Name:  DSCN0445.jpg
Views: 2591
Size:  66.4 KB
Name:  DSCN0447.jpg
Views: 2345
Size:  80.7 KB
Name:  DSCN0451.jpg
Views: 2461
Size:  49.3 KB
Name:  DSCN0453.jpg
Views: 2369
Size:  68.8 KB