The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2010, 12:05 AM   #1
67shortie
Green club

Shreck's 6.0 build

Shreck, that is what my wife calls the truck, green but lovable

Never did any kind of build thread, many posts on this site but this project that I am undertaking with the truck I feel will help others considering this kind of swap and hope follows interest and involved in my adventure converting my pride and joy from a 350 to a 2005 LQ4 6.0 engine from scratch.

I always considered swapping this engine in the truck, but an adventure into the unknown always kept me at bay, until now.

The 15K mile 350 in the truck gave up, main bearing failure. Don't know why, but a suspected bad line bore in the block wore the bearings down prematurely.

The plan

I picked up a 2005 LQ4 from a friend with 317 heads and going the stock route maybe headers. It is at the machine shop now, getting fresh cam bearings, and a bore hone, and checking the block out for anything out of place. Going to use the stock truck cam, manifold, pan, aftermarket wireing harness, and tuned computer. Plan on going with a truck thermal fan, and accessory mounting.

The trans, I have a stout TH700R4 in there now, giving a call to Bowtie OD for thier cable throttlebody LS1 brackets to run the non computer contorolled trans.

All 3 main bearings looked like this, engine sitting on the stand after the teardown, and the sad part the truck in the driveway with an empty engine bay....

I will post pics as I go along, hope to have it done by end of Jan/early Feb....wish me luck
Attached Images

Son you are going to drive me to drinkin if you don't stop drivin that hot rod lincoln
67shortie is offline   Reply With Quote