The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-24-2009, 08:26 AM   #11
-Greg72

Re: '72 Frame Up Rebuild

Congrats on the build! Just found this thread from your recent post in the "How Many 4x4 Blazers Do We Have" thread.

Love the color. Hugger orange is definitely the color I'm going with on my own build....especially now that I've seen yours all straight and purdy.

Seats - Well, since you already mentioned it....I don't really like them either. Highback seats in general don't look right in a 1st Gen, and those integrated seatbelt seats are WAY to modern looking for the classic look of the truck. I'd go with a custom lowback suspension seat...you'll be just as comfortable and the look will be better.

Exhaust: Flowmaster 40s are loud, there's no doubt about that. If your willing to swap them out then think about their 3-chamber 70 series. I had a set of those on my BBC and they were nice, deep and mellow. The catch is that they are a LARGE canister to fit underneath. I used a balance pipe which as you mentioned helps take some "edge" off them.

Love the KM2s also! When I first saw your pics I thought that's what were on there so I had to find the build thread to confirm. I just bought up a single 38" KM2 recently just to see one in person... I really like the tread and for a dual-purpose truck, it seems like a perfect choice.

1972 K5 - 502BBC/4L80E/Magnum205/Mog-9s/5.26s/38" BFG KM2s

Find me on INSTAGRAM @MIGHTASWELLK5

'72 K5 - Greg's "Might As Well™" Build
-Greg72 is offline   Reply With Quote