The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-06-2010, 11:31 AM   #51
prostreetC-10
My Carbon Footprint

Re: Road experiences with imports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
I had someone try to tell me that "ricers only exist in the US", and in Japan they had more respect for the performance and handling of the vehicle. I was about to believe him and then saw this

Modded garbage trucks?

WHat's crazy about this pic is it came off a ham radio site. I traced it and started reading some of the posts. It's amazing what people are passionate about!!!! Us and trucks...them and CB's!!!
prostreetC-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:28 AM   #52
red rumbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
I had someone try to tell me that "ricers only exist in the US", and in Japan they had more respect for the performance and handling of the vehicle. I was about to believe him and then saw this

Modded garbage trucks?
hey prostreet c 10 the wing on the van is what you ment by crazy amounts of downforce right??
red rumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:48 AM   #53
dbmx66

thought these were funny
Attached Images

dbmx66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:18 AM   #54
Youngbuck7072

My dad used to have a 61 Imapala Bubbletop, looked stock, except for the 496 under the hood:lol. so, one day we were sitting at this light on the outskirts out town and this Bmw pulls up next to us with the bass pumpin on some techno crap. my dad looks over and gives him the nod, and they guy just laughs. you know what you have to do in a situation like that. so, when the light turned green, my dad unleashed the beast and dropped the cluth and passed him laying down at least a 200 feet of 11's. the look on this guys face was pricless
................(O)..........(O)
Youngbuck7072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:14 PM   #55
regan wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanmusc1e View Post
I've had some experience with import trucks.......... titans and tundras....

the old body tundras (with the 4.7's ) are really slow, but I knew a guy with a 2wd Titan, with exhaust, a bully dog programmer, and a built transmission that would beat my 383 powered truck from a roll (it ran 14.2 at the dragstrip with traction problems)......but my truck would get him from a dig......never had a good chance against a new body tundra........most of their owners are rich kids who like to try to race in traffic.....which I won't do....

I had a guy in a Nissan that wanted to race me instead of letting me pass him . When I figered out what he was doing I finally ran off and left him at about 115mph . Oh that was in my old hopped up 03 crew cab Goat .(cummins)
Old 11-08-2010, 10:55 PM   #56
ripdog28

Quote:
Originally Posted by regan wilson View Post
I had a guy in a Nissan that wanted to race me instead of letting me pass him . When I figered out what he was doing I finally ran off and left him at about 115mph . Oh that was in my old hopped up 03 crew cab Goat .(cummins)
I doubt there is any vehicle you have that is stock or slow.
462ci, forged crank, H-beam rods, 10.5-1 KB forged pistons, Dart Iron Eagle 308cc, Straub Cam, Comp Cams chrome moly full rollers, Weiand Team G, Prosystems 950, TH400/3500 Dalenzie stall, Currie 9+ Detroit Locker w/31spline axles.3.5/6in drop. My Build.
ripdog28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:14 PM   #57
americanmusc1e

Quote:
Originally Posted by regan wilson View Post
I usually don't mess with diesels for that reason.......they tend to be really slow or surprisingly quick

i did some dirt racing and thats the only thing I lost against were diesels..... but they were 4wd and I have an open diff (right now)....so traction was an issue

I got him here cuz he mis-shifted

Instagram: @americanmusc1e

OLD SKOOL-- 1970 C10. 454/Th400/3.07 posi Build Thread
FARM TRUCK----1949 Chevrolet 3800 Power Wagon Hauler Build Thread

1999 4wd OBS Tahoe - daily.

DM me if you can't see photos i posted
americanmusc1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:23 PM   #58
69trk

I would love to see an import pull up to this daily driver duramax starting from a roll lol...
Attached Images

431 big block times, changed to a 6.0 ls with turbo
1.58- 60'
7.18- 1/8th mile@95.18
11.37- 1/4 @115.81
69trk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:23 AM   #59
ripdog28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69trk View Post
I would love to see an import pull up to this daily driver duramax starting from a roll lol...
That daily driver Duramax has over 1700 Ft/lbs. And if i remember correctly, around $250k into it.
462ci, forged crank, H-beam rods, 10.5-1 KB forged pistons, Dart Iron Eagle 308cc, Straub Cam, Comp Cams chrome moly full rollers, Weiand Team G, Prosystems 950, TH400/3500 Dalenzie stall, Currie 9+ Detroit Locker w/31spline axles.3.5/6in drop. My Build.
ripdog28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:30 AM   #60
1971C10Blown

the other day i was sitting at a set of lights behind a 2010 dodge challenger SRT8 in my 2010 ram 1500 when in the other lane some bmw with his coffee can pulled up next to me. may i add that the challenger was at the front with no one beside him so i was second right. but no instead of racing the challenger he wanted to race the big truck. he was prob knew the challenger would smoke him. but what he didnt know was that the little bmw cant touch a V8 off the hole so instead of getting smoked by the challenger which would be normal he got smoked by the big truck and then ran home with his tail between his legs.

2014 Ram 2500 powerwagon
2006 GSXR 600
2012 Arcticcat proclimb 800
1970 C10 SWB 5.3LS turbo and 4L60E

"all throttle no bottle"
"Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD, you wana hit it but afraid of the consequences"
"its not turbo lag, its for play"
1971C10Blown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:36 PM   #61
spenny

Kind of an unfair assumption; the guys who own imports that will walk domestics usually aren't the ones that will rev at you at a stop light.

Last edited by spenny; 11-28-2010 at 10:36 PM.
spenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:35 PM   #62
Cthibo500

**honest true story, no fish tale** when i was building my truck there was this kid (probably kid dont know what older guy would have a car like that) that would fly by my house in a silver hatchback civic with a can on the back EVERY friday between 5-6.. for about a year i'd hear him go buy and say to myself.. when i get this thing done... he's mine
Well when the time came i was waiting at the edge of my drive way on a friday. It was only 3 days of having the truck and on the road and i heard him comming down the hill next to our house.**you have to understand and see where i live to appreciate this..middle of nowwhere northern Maine** i pulled out into the road and just putted down the road third gear. sure enough the guy pulled right up on me.. keep in mind i was doing 35-40 in a 45 where 60 is the norm.. he flashed his lights a few times, i waited more. after a slight left hander he pulled out to go pass me. I let him get his nose to my door. Then I let the clutch in, punch rev'd it twice (you know to let him know whats up), dropped it into 2nd, dumped the clutch, and let the magic happen. By the time I dumped the clutch we were nose to nose and i just pulled him right around. top of third i was about 3 lenths ahead and by 120 i had about 7 on him. at that point i figured that i proved my point and slowed down. still had about 11/2 mile to go before i could turn around so at the T at the end of the road i stopped and he pulled next to me gave me a respective thumps up and took off left towards town.
I Remeber being so psyched and pumped. then i turned around and headed home, just putting along.. figuring that i just burned probably 6-7 dollars in gas to prove a point.**fast forward a few weeks** I was at a gas station (putting gas in duh) and went inside to go pay. as i was paying low and behold that same civic came pulled on the other side of the single island pump. I remember hurring outside excited to meet my "first kill". Turns out that, that civic wasn't just a little put put one. he had the Si engine along with full stainless exhaust, bigger injectors and (what he said) was a more agressive cam.. we chatted for a bit more and i was on my way.
It was just a cool way to start my "life" with my truck and i figured i'd share it with you guys as my first post isn't really a post more like a book sorry about that.
I also raced a hyundai tiburon once that this kid thought was gods gift to car world and deesssttrrooyyed him, it was awesome.
BUT I've been surprised by a few Cobalt SS's in canada too soo its give and take.
just incase anyone wondered what i'm driving its a 81 2wd stepside, oldish 350 From my fathers old 70 Vette with 2.02 valves (no not an Lt-1) but camed, Edelbrock Intake/Carb. 3.73 gears and (at the time) a M20 Muncie.
Cthibo500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:55 PM   #63
treveiger

I have several stories of racing these cars but this one was the most recent. I was heading home from work when a ricer goes flying by me(i was in a 2004 GMC 1500 with a 5.3 in it)and the light turns red so he slams on his breaks to stop and then this p.o.s cavilier flys up and cuts me off to be right next to the civic and i had to slam on my breaks and serve into the turning lane to not hit the faggot and when i stopped i rolled down my window and started mouthing off to him and he looks at me and revs his motor and right then i was so pissed i didnt care what happend so when the light turns green i pin it and was passing them both before the intersection was even up and i pulled out it front of him(from the turning lane)and the cavilier started tailing me so i layed on the breaks and he swerved to the other lane to avoid hitting me and he tried passing but of course i wouldnt let him then i caught up to the civic and this indian dude started mouthing off to me so i made the hand gester like i was going to run into him and so he swerved hitting the curb with his riced out civic i laughed so hard after that i couldnt believe he fell for it. Havent seen them around sense lol, i think i killed there spirit.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:10 PM   #64
foamypirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by treveiger View Post
I have several stories of racing these cars but this one was the most recent. I was heading home from work when a ricer goes flying by me(i was in a 2004 GMC 1500 with a 5.3 in it)and the light turns red so he slams on his breaks to stop and then this p.o.s cavilier flys up and cuts me off to be right next to the civic and i had to slam on my breaks and serve into the turning lane to not hit the faggot and when i stopped i rolled down my window and started mouthing off to him and he looks at me and revs his motor and right then i was so pissed i didnt care what happend so when the light turns green i pin it and was passing them both before the intersection was even up and i pulled out it front of him(from the turning lane)and the cavilier started tailing me so i layed on the breaks and he swerved to the other lane to avoid hitting me and he tried passing but of course i wouldnt let him then i caught up to the civic and this indian dude started mouthing off to me so i made the hand gester like i was going to run into him and so he swerved hitting the curb with his riced out civic i laughed so hard after that i couldnt believe he fell for it. Havent seen them around sense lol, i think i killed there spirit.
foamypirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:57 PM   #65
Fitz
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenny View Post
the guys who own imports that will walk domestics usually aren't the ones that will rev at you at a stop light.
When they do I just roll up my window and point to the decal at the bottom
then open the dumps, burn the paint off the side of his ricer and break all of his windows! A ZZ572 running through open pipes is just AWESOME!
Attached Images

Fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:00 PM   #66
Cole Trickle
C-10 Club Member

Honestly the fast imports are typically very under stated and the owners know as much about cars/trucks as we do.

I have been in alot of good races with imports..Supras,RX7's,Evo's WRX Civics,etc.

I met a guy years and years ago that had a 1992 civic hatch back. I over heard him at a car meet talk about how he gave some kind of muscle car a beat down the night before.

Turns out we had a friend in common so we start talking about cars. He's holding his cards pretty tight and I'm not letting him know much either. I knew he had a hatch and he knew I had a 00 SS Camaro with exhaust.

We agree to a couple runs and head out to a isolated stretch of road.

First race from a dead stop I got out on him about 1.5 cars and it stayed that way until I let out at 130.

2nd race was from a 30 roll..... Dead even until 165

3rd race from the same roll and I got him by about 2 cars at 160.(bottle pressure was low)

We turn around and head back and start fessing up....lol

My camaro had all the boltons with cam and LT headers/weight reduction. (I was running 11.9 @117 through the traps on ET streets)

His car was a full weight hatch with a built prelude motor and a 150-200 shot.(He said his best time on slicks was 12.2@118)

That little white hatch was fast.... slight drop and some basic but good looking aftermarket wheels. No big exhaust or wing

Mustangs were always more fun to play with...

Last edited by Cole Trickle; 12-02-2010 at 05:01 PM.
Cole Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:46 PM   #67
69trk

I really don't care if they are fast or not. They sound like crap lol...

431 big block times, changed to a 6.0 ls with turbo
1.58- 60'
7.18- 1/8th mile@95.18
11.37- 1/4 @115.81
69trk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:00 PM   #68
rblcori7

i cant talk to much crap on em... i have had my run ins with them but i also have a v6 tiburon and it is what it is lol... but i can tell you that for the most part most import guys who know their stuff cant stand the guys with the coffee can mufflers either lol...but i will say i enjoy driving my truck more then the car lol

2011 Silverado LTZ
rblcori7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:24 PM   #69
Bad70sbchevy

Heres my thing about it, you can make anything fast, but it takes a lot more money to get an import to go fast compared to what it takes to get something like a small block camaro or truck (in our case) to run.
Bad70sbchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:27 PM   #70
americanmusc1e

I'll admit it..... I've own a 4cyl, to save on gas and drive when my truck is in the shop..... its a dodge Ram 50, but its really a mitsubishi Mighty Max with a Mitsubishi 4g64 motor....... it was too quiet stock so I took one of the old no name turbo mufflers off my truck and put it on there... it sounds much better than a fart can, but it's still kind of annoying..... and its slow as hell............ 0-60 in 14 seconds ..........my '70 does better than that in the quarter mile

the only thing fun about it is that its a piece of junk so I have fun jumping railroad tracks (I have had all 4 wheels off the ground) and doing e-brake slides

Old 12-03-2010, 01:18 AM   #71
C10longwb

There are some tuner cars out there that aren't bad but really impressive I own a 08 dodge caliber srt4 it's a bad little car I agree that the sound of a v8 sounds a hole lot beter but it's hard to beat 285hp (weighing only 3000 lb) and 29 mpg on the highway but I just the same as all of you laugh at every fart can and aluminum 3 ft tall wings I think that the ricer isnt the car it's the owner and to keep the bashing down some I do own a 70 c10 that I'm in the process of getting road worthy
Posted via Mobile Device
C10longwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:42 AM   #72
1LOW4X4
Account Suspended

I like to race em. Hell when I was at the track last time, I got a base run on my stock 5.3 '01 extended cab. I ran a 15.9 (slow-I know) but that was on 22's, its 4x4 and full of gas and **** in the bed lol.

I was almost a full 1.5 seconds faster than ANY ricer that night. These guys were missing gears, smoking all OVER the place, track officials shaking their heads lol....

Now I have an agressive custom tune, Stainless dynatech LT headers and 3" true duals, ported and polished throttle body, LS1 fans, and a few more mods....I blow by em on the street. Its so much fun, where this truck used to bog down when you floored it (cause of the timing) now it ROASTS the tires just barely feathering the throttle.

Ive broke several import hearts in this truck.
1LOW4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:27 AM   #73
spenny

Dude, 15.9 is slow in anything.. My '08 Civic Si ran 14.8 stock with a 2.4s 60ft (I'm horrible at launching), never got to test it with IHE+tune, probably lower 14s. IMO, it sounded good, looked good, handled good, was comfortable, reliable and easy to drive. Not a sports car, but it was a fun daily and it kept me out of trouble and got 25+mpg no matter how I drove it.

Some of the fastest street legal cars at the local strip are Civics. There are five Civics, three are daily drivers, that run in the 10's. This is actually a pretty small forum, and a lot of the racers arent even members. This is this 2010's race season's standings, there's an all time one as well. I think you guys will get a chuckle at the fastest N/A car. haha

There's also just as much hate on rice in the import scene as there is in the domestic scene.. IMO; if it's loud, it better be fast - if it's low, it better handle - and if its got a wing, it better fly. haha
spenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:15 PM   #74
americanmusc1e

I was messing with a honda last night........he started it when he came buzzing around me.

I wish my trans would shift right.. we stopped at a light and I'd have really smoked him, but my tranny won't shift at WOT right now so I probably scared the crap out of him coming taking off and revving up to 6500 in first gear with two half burnt out glasspacks.... then I had to let off and let him come around me.....

Old 12-03-2010, 01:40 PM   #75
ont_guy_38

You can't beat the rumble of a V8 for sure but gotta admit 4 bangers have come a long way , I remember when you had to mat a 4 and you barely made across the light before it changed
ont_guy_38 is offline   Reply With Quote