The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-24-2015, 06:46 PM   #1
NC_John

CPP mixed up order - now what?

Like I've seen in another post or two, CPP also sent me the 73 and up spindles instead of the ones I ordered for my 70 with my disc brake kit. They also sent me the newer balljoints and tie rod ends. The guy I talked to said It was a shipping mistake but I basically got a free upgrade worth nearly $200 with the suspension/steering parts (that weren't included in the kit I ordered) and everything will bolt up fine.

All that may be fine and good but what happens later if I want to upgrade to tubular a-arms? Do I have to get newer ones and will they fit on a '70 frame?

Instagram (current build pictures) 70_nc_c10
NC_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 07:06 PM   #2
hugger6933

Re: CPP mixed up order - now what?

If you do upgrade later tell them you have 73 up stuff on a 70 frame. Yes it is all gonna bolt up.
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 07:14 PM   #3
NC_John

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugger6933 View Post
If you do upgrade later tell them you have 73 up stuff on a 70 frame. Yes it is all gonna bolt up.
Cool- thanks. I didn't think to ask the cpp guy when I had him on the phone. I was hoping to avoid a hodgepodge of different generation parts but I guess it'll be ok.

Old 09-24-2015, 11:31 PM   #4
67c10rustbuket

If they sent you 73+ spindles instead of 67-70 you're going to need a 73+ center link. Control arms will swap no prob though.

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car
67c10rustbuket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 06:58 AM   #5
NC_John

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67c10rustbuket View Post
If they sent you 73+ spindles instead of 67-70 you're going to need a 73+ center link. Control arms will swap no prob though.
They also sent me the tie rod sleeves PN CP4SC-SAB . I looked them up on their website but all it says is "CP4SC-SA 5-1/4", custom, aluminum, pair $69.00"

Without taking anything apart before I am ready to start, are these conversion sleeves or am I still screwed?

The guy on the phone was trying to sell me that I got all this extra stuff free but I have no idea where these suspension parts are from and I am not interested in Chinese bearings. I was going to go all MOOG and timken. I read a lot of mixed reviews about CPP on here and hopefully my story won't get worse.

Old 09-25-2015, 07:10 AM   #6
67c10rustbuket

If that is the tie rod adapter sleeve than that's great. If not you still need a center link. The adapter 67-70 to 71+ has different thread on each end. Don't quote me but it is 5/8 on one end and 11/16 on the other. Lowlife has a good faq on all the conversion scenarios on here somewhere.

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car
67c10rustbuket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 08:11 AM   #7
NC_John

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67c10rustbuket View Post
If that is the tie rod adapter sleeve than that's great. If not you still need a center link. The adapter 67-70 to 71+ has different thread on each end. Don't quote me but it is 5/8 on one end and 11/16 on the other. Lowlife has a good faq on all the conversion scenarios on here somewhere.
Well..... Based on another thread I found, that PN is for the adapter sleeve so I *might* be OK.

I have to get my new master cylinder with related parts and 5 lug wheels before I start tearing into it and find out if its right.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:42 AM   #8
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

The tie rod sleeve will work.
Your 70 centerlink will work.
What CPP doesn't tell you,... is you will have to move your 70 OUTER tie rods to the inner location.
And then attach the new tie rod sleeve.
Then bolt on your 73-87 tie rods.

Don't let CPP fool you.
This kit is way more profitable for CPP because parts are cheaper.
They have been doing this trick for a LONG time.
I would be pissed if I ordered 63-70 conversion spindles, and they sent me a box full of 73-87 chinese parts.

CPP has good products,... but their customer service and people on the phone suck.
If you want CPP parts in the future,... look up the part number and order them from Summit Racing.

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 10:43 AM   #9
jocko

Yep, sending the wrong parts and then trying to convince the customer they got a better deal is bogus. Return it all, at their cost, and have them send you what you ordered - you probably thought long and hard choosing what you ordered, so don't let them push you out of your comfort zone. 73+ allows less expensive ball joint replacement in the future - but unless this is gonna be a daily driver that gets a LOT of miles, I'd return it and get exactly what you wanted in the first place.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 12:58 PM   #10
67chevemall

I love it! People still buying from them criminals.

And what a $%#@ answering the phone there. ZERO customer service.

Wasted $400 with them,,,never again.

look up the part number and order them from Summit Racing.

^ best advice ever
67chevemall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 01:49 PM   #11
NC_John

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chevemall View Post
I love it! People still buying from them criminals.

And what a $%#@ answering the phone there. ZERO customer service.

Wasted $400 with them,,,never again.

look up the part number and order them from Summit Racing.

^ best advice ever
The kit as I wanted it wasn't available through summit or jegs so I ordered from them via ebay- they ship fast from there because apparently they are scared of bad feedback. They shipped within three days (they promise 24-48).

When I called last night to see what the heck they shipped me I got disconnected the first time and thought "here we go" but talked to somebody immediately the next try.

I am going to call them again tonight and get this straightened out. Its going to be a low mile truck (not a daily driver) but all the parts I got for "Free" ain't worth squat if I wanted to go all MOOG. And the chinese wheel bearings ain't worth as far as I can throw them.

Old 09-25-2015, 02:04 PM   #12
leftybass209

You're making the right choice getting it straightened out. The more they have to pay for shipping, the less likely they are to make the same mistakes in the future.

These kinds of things are the reason why the automotive sales and service industry has such a bad reputation. Unfortunately integrity isn't a standard part of business anymore.
leftybass209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 02:04 PM   #13
NC_John

I just got off the phone with Aaron @ CPP. He tried his best to convince me to keep the "upgrade" but I was adamant about wanting what I ordered. They are sending me a return label for the switched components.

I'm not in a hurry to do the switch, I have to get a bunch of other parts first, but hopefully it won't take too long.

Next question.... does it make sense to have the spindles powdercoated or should I just paint?

Old 09-25-2015, 02:21 PM   #14
Z10

Good for you. I've purchased steering columns, brake boosters, master cylinders, track bar, and a rag joint from CPP. The only thing that was correct or working correctly was the rag joint. You can see all of my problems with them in my build thread.

I currently am working off the 3rd brake booster and it's not holding vacuum. I gave up on getting a working master cylinder and I'm now using Wilwood.

I will never, ever, ever, ever, buy anything from them....did I mention ever?

1979 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 & 1979 Pontiac Trans Am 10th Anniversary
1999 Honda Valkyrie
2006 Corvette Z06
2010 BMW 650i
Z10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 03:17 PM   #15
NC_John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z10 View Post
Good for you. I've purchased steering columns, brake boosters, master cylinders, track bar, and a rag joint from CPP. The only thing that was correct or working correctly was the rag joint. You can see all of my problems with them in my build thread.

I currently am working off the 3rd brake booster and it's not holding vacuum. I gave up on getting a working master cylinder and I'm now using Wilwood.

I've only gotten motor mounts so far and they were OK. I figured I was keeping this order pretty simple- spindles (which ought to be OK) and wilwood brakes. All I'm really relying on CPP for is the spindles, everything else is from others. I called wilwood yesterday and had them spec out the master cylinder and other parts I'll need to have a really nice brake system.

Old 09-25-2015, 06:10 PM   #16
Z10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_John View Post
I've only gotten motor mounts so far and they were OK. I figured I was keeping this order pretty simple- spindles (which ought to be OK) and wilwood brakes. All I'm really relying on CPP for is the spindles, everything else is from others. I called wilwood yesterday and had them spec out the master cylinder and other parts I'll need to have a really nice brake system.
I would seek out other options. You can find high quality spindles and Willwood product from other vendors on this forum that have much better customer service. Listen to those that have gone before you. Just sayin.
1979 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 & 1979 Pontiac Trans Am 10th Anniversary
1999 Honda Valkyrie
2006 Corvette Z06
2010 BMW 650i
Z10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 06:43 PM   #17
Craftsmen

I really like Early Classic Enterprises, there parts are top notch with customer service to match. I would return it all and call them, just my advise.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:55 PM   #18
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftsmen View Post
I really like Early Classic Enterprises, there parts are top notch with customer service to match. I would return it all and call them, just my advise.
X2
Best advice yet!^^^

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 08:07 PM   #19
jocko

ECE yes, much better customer svc.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 08:39 PM   #20
NASTY-LSX

Damn I was going to make a $$$$$$$ full front and rear suspension order.

Looks like ill be looking into porterbuilt, I have read not 1 bad remark on them.
NASTY-LSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 09:18 PM   #21
nds1968

Get what you paid for, I had to go toe to toe with CPPJEFF I got all my stuff PC in Cast color. Looks better in person, like it was sand blasted.
Attached Images

1967 short fleet Project Blue Goose
'If it don't bounce back... heeheehee you go hungry!" Blues Brothers
nds1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 07:46 AM   #22
NC_John

Quote:
I would seek out other options. You can find high quality spindles and Willwood product from other vendors on this forum that have much better customer service. Listen to those that have gone before you. Just sayin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftsmen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
X2
Best advice yet!^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
ECE yes, much better customer svc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY-LSX View Post
Damn I was going to make a $$$$$$$ full front and rear suspension order.

Looks like ill be looking into porterbuilt, I have read not 1 bad remark on them.
I posted the question about using their stuff prior to ordering. Where were all you guys then? I'm not sending everything back, I'm getting the spindles I wanted from them and am ordering all my moog parts (complete front-end rebuild) from rock-auto this morning.

I looked at ECE but I wanted the wilwood parts the cpp kit had. Despite the shipping "error" so far the CPP order came quick enough, they've been responsive to email and I've been able to get people on the phone. We'll see what happens when it's time for assembly. I'm definitely on the fence as to whether or not they'll get any more money from me.

Old 09-26-2015, 07:47 AM   #23
NC_John

Quote:
Originally Posted by nds1968 View Post
Get what you paid for, I had to go toe to toe with CPPJEFF I got all my stuff PC in Cast color. Looks better in person, like it was sand blasted.
Looks good- I think I'll get mine done. Probably the control arms too.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:51 AM   #24
nds1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_John View Post
Looks good- I think I'll get mine done. Probably the control arms too.
I got the frame, rear end, wheels, and suspension parts all PC. I have just under $1500 into the PC. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=286089

1967 short fleet Project Blue Goose
'If it don't bounce back... heeheehee you go hungry!" Blues Brothers
nds1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 12:56 PM   #25
mike16

Quote:

no but if you did not I will......Never, ever!

I bought a power brake booste set up from them. I wanted the 11 inch diameter booster. The idiot argued with me on the phone over the use of a 9 inch one. It seems he was obsessed with pushing 9 inch boosters. Needless to say, but when I recieved it , it was the 9 inch one and more arguements about My knowing what I needed vs what was shipped. Then there were the insults about my competency as a mechanic.
they are pushing that chicom junk off on you because they made a marketing error in the past and are stuck with stuff that aint moving.

absolutely no customer service at all, rude and disrespectfull. Shipping and return cost me more than 72 dollars, no up grades.

no more bussines.

Alot of these companies are making thie money from shipping. Thats why they want you to keep thier junk. No upgrades or free return shipping. Never ever again.mistakes are mistakes but these guys were a bunch of monsters, rude disrespectfull, con artists.

never again

CPP= Chinese Peoples Paradise

Last edited by mike16; 09-26-2015 at 01:02 PM.
mike16 is offline   Reply With Quote