The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-26-2018, 10:13 AM   #1
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Re: Saving the 63' from the grave

Super nice work.
Following this build,...

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 10:24 AM   #2
Beatrice

rwade

here is all i have on my phone. i welded a lip all the way around to tuck the wood under. wanted it smooth with the inside panels which is the reason i did it this way. the wood barely tucks under it on the hinged center section. as you lift that section it comes back-up-and the farther you lift up the more it goes back forward. hope that makes since. it essentially make the wood sit underneath that lip to directly on top and you can see why i had to 45 the bottom of wood. this pic is with the section up farther than what i have it now with the shocks on it so the wood doesn't even sit that close to the top now.

Beatrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 08:32 PM   #3
rwade

Man that’s an awesome idea! If you have time I’d love to see an up close of the hinges. I’m guessing you’ll be using some sort of flat bar? Or traditional bed strips?

Wade
rwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 02:14 PM   #4
Beatrice

wow guess it's been a while since i've updated. side work has been crazy busy so the c10 has been sitting idle for a while but heres some progress. got pretty much all the parts just need to finish up some odds and ends bodywork and should be ready to get into some other projects. engine is being built ended up going with a 5.3 and boring it out to a 5.7 with Callie rods and custom wiseco pistons. will be a pump gas cruiser with the Procharger D1SC around 10-12psi.
also got all of the accuair cvt with elevel mocked up just need to run some hardline for everything before i blast and clean up the frame.

Beatrice is offline   Reply With Quote