The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-14-2017, 08:57 PM   #1
In The Ten Ring

What else are you doing right now?

Other than assembling my truck, I have several projects I am working on, too many to list here that I want to get done before winter.

One of those is to build a dumbbell rack for my 600 pounds+ of weights. I was planning on keeping those upstairs in the living room and had planned to build both a vertical and horizontal rack but I've since decided to put those in the basement.

So starting tomorrow, I will build a horizontal rack only as I won't need the vertical.

What little side projects do you guys have doing on right now?
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 09:33 PM   #2
Square up 84

Re: What else are you doing right now?

Researching on how to apply prime and paint it been a while lol
Attached Images

Square up 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:05 PM   #3
mongocanfly
Post Whore

trying to get my house construction started..huge side project...
mongocanfly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 01:23 PM   #4
alsriv2

Location: Formerly MD and San Diego, now loving life in Arizona

Trying to figure out all the problems with a house we just purchased. Most issues seem to be related to an old undersized 200 amp panel and a PO who thought he was knowledgeable about household electrical.

2012 Ram 3500 Dually Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins
2014 Palomino Columbus 340RK 5th wheel
'69 Chevy C10 396BB
alsriv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 07:24 AM   #5
In The Ten Ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsriv2 View Post
Trying to figure out all the problems with a house we just purchased. Most issues seem to be related to an old undersized 200 amp panel and a PO who thought he was knowledgeable about household electrical.
Oh geeze....

I had a look at a small apartment building (two apartments) for sale last week. EEK! The problems were many! I'm still considering the deal but I'd want to do a crawlspace inspection first. If I did buy, they'd have to lower the price quite a bit as every window shows considerable rot along with the door molding and rear decks. One apartment was so nasty you'd have to replace all the carpet plus tear down a ceiling and whatever else due to water damage. I wouldn't trust that property manager to fix a flat tire.

The building is about 20 years old and has wood-framed windows. Not just the wood around the windows, but what holds the glass is wood! Did they wreck a house and salvage the old windows to build this?????
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:11 AM   #6
Deer_hunter_088

Im doing a rebuild on a 318 john deere.

Made in the USA, just like my trucks
Deer_hunter_088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:46 PM   #7
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
I have a couple of other projects going now. Rebuilding the ’39 “A” John Deere that belonged to my Father-In-Law, and finishing up the ’36 Ford Coupe that was also his. All I have left on the ’36 is to rebuild the carburetor and finish up the wiring. I had the exhaust installed last Friday. When I get the ’36 done I will finish up the ’34 Ford Coupe, and then the ’70 Chevy short bed. Plenty to do for sure…..

In tractor picture is me , my youngest daughter, and my son-in-law. They will end up with the tractor so they are helping with the rebuild.

My son will get the '36 Ford Coupe so he is helping with it.....

LockDoc
Attached Images

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-

Last edited by LockDoc; 09-19-2017 at 01:58 PM.
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:52 PM   #8
Joseph2001

School, playing with Horses in the evenings, on the edge of breaking a 2 year old Quarter horse. And also somehow am gaining a collection of Ford vehicles.
Joseph2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 03:03 PM   #9
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Along with my daughter ,we are first of all caretakers of her mother and my wife who is now pretty much bed ridden .. bless her soul ,,she is dealing with fibromyalgia and rumitoid arthritus at it's worst.

Other than that..I have a yard full of crabgrass and I sprayed it to get rid of it and then it rained .. do again after the rain..

Leon ,,it's always a pick me up to see the nice work you do on so many things ,, a man of many talents ,, I do have a question about the amount of spline showing on both sides of the wheels for the tractor,, is that normal to have that many inches showing or have you just got the wheels pulled out on both sides to work on them?
Old 09-19-2017, 04:03 PM   #10
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

I've been shopping for a Jacuzzi. I don't even want a Jacuzzi but my wife does. (Guess who won that argument)

To me it's just one more chore to keep the damn thing clean.

But I figure if I buy it, it will keep her from going nuts and spending too much.

She is dead set on getting this thing.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 05:23 PM   #11
OhCookie

Finishing up new carpet installation in my 1970 Camaro. PO installed wrong style and I just had to change it. Took longer than I thought with sound deadener install and all the carpet trimming involved. Still need to repaint and install the rear sail panels too.
2005 Dodge Magnum
OhCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 11:38 PM   #12
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
Along with my daughter ,we are first of all caretakers of her mother and my wife who is now pretty much bed ridden .. bless her soul ,,she is dealing with fibromyalgia and rumitoid arthritus at it's worst.

Other than that..I have a yard full of crabgrass and I sprayed it to get rid of it and then it rained .. do again after the rain..

Leon ,,it's always a pick me up to see the nice work you do on so many things ,, a man of many talents ,, I do have a question about the amount of spline showing on both sides of the wheels for the tractor,, is that normal to have that many inches showing or have you just got the wheels pulled out on both sides to work on them?
Not sure on the splines Larry, that is the way the father-in-law had it set up. I have included more pictures. There is a plate and piece of tubing on the outside of the wheel to help hold it in place. There is as much axle on the outside of the hub as there is on the inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
I've been shopping for a Jacuzzi. I don't even want a Jacuzzi but my wife does. (Guess who won that argument)

To me it's just one more chore to keep the damn thing clean.

But I figure if I buy it, it will keep her from going nuts and spending too much.

She is dead set on getting this thing.

Too bad, I just sawed a good one in four pieces to get it out of the basement in a house I bought....

LockDoc

LockDoc
Attached Images

-
Old 09-20-2017, 01:02 AM   #13
GOPAPA

[QUOTE=LockDoc;8043751]Not sure on the splines Larry, that is the way the father-in-law had it set up. I have included more pictures. There is a plate and piece of tubing on the outside of the wheel to help hold it in place. There is as much axle on the outside of the hub as there is on the inside.

My guess is that the splines are long to put dual wheels on for more traction

Last edited by GOPAPA; 09-20-2017 at 08:55 AM.
GOPAPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:17 PM   #14
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

Built a 14x34 deck and 10x12 shed for sister. Built a 9x14 deck for her neighbor. Finished up a great first season with benchrest rifle (kicked butt). Looking for next season's rifle (Savage 110 in 243).
Man rule #77...if you own a 67 stepside with a caddy 472 you will never be in danger of loosing you man card
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:42 PM   #15
russgoodman

I just bought a Deere 950. My first tractor. Trying to tidy up a few things on it. Replaced fuel lines. Broke off a injector pump bleeder plug/screw so replaced that. Ordered a light switch so the lights will be functional. Using it to cut 5 acres of land we own. I've kinda neglected it, only cut it like once a year and it's surrounded by houses. Felt guilty so now I'm going to be able to keep up with it more without having to borrow a tractor or pay someone.
Attached Images

2008 GMC Sierra Denali - 6.2L AWD - my daily
2011 Ford Flex Limited - Ecoboost AWD - wife's daily
1987 Buick Regal Turbo T - 63K miles - Strip/Street car
1965 Ford Mustang Coupe - 289, c4, 53K miles
russgoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:52 PM   #16
Joseph2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68C15 View Post
Built a 14x34 deck and 10x12 shed for sister. Built a 9x14 deck for her neighbor. Finished up a great first season with benchrest rifle (kicked butt). Looking for next season's rifle (Savage 110 in 243).
If you try a Savage 110, message me and tell me about it. I'm looking at getting a .308 left handed version but only know what I've read about them.
Joseph2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 08:43 PM   #17
Leonard60

The splines on the tractor are so you can set your wheel spacing for row crop use.
Leonard60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 12:00 AM   #18
GOPAPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard60 View Post
The splines on the tractor are so you can set your wheel spacing for row crop use.
I thought that it might be for row spacing and typed it down in my post ,,but then thought of the dual wheels thing and went with that,and deleted that part,,(not trying to be right as I am only guessing )..I am no farmer or ever owned a tractor so I was wondering if the dual wheel thing was also a reason,, or is the splines not long enough..?
Old 09-22-2017, 09:09 PM   #19
Andy4639
Old member

Talking Re: What else are you doing right now?

Pulled the beach cart home a couple of weeks ago because of Irma! I decided to do some work to it since I had it home.

Rear bushings in the leaf springs and changed the rear end dope. I added a transmission pan drain plug to the housing so I don't have to drop the pan any more.

I still have to take the top off and freshen up the supports. This cart I bought out of the show room of Grahams golf carts in 2004. Yes this is a 13 year old cart and I upgraded it to 48 volts back in 2009. I put a AC motor & controller in it and it runs 32-35MPH depending on how loaded it is!
The pink cart is a friend of ours at the beach. I brought theirs to and worked on it also.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 11:19 AM   #20
Leonard60

I grew up in a farming community and still live here used to belong to an antique club where we did the old style farming every fall so as the folks could see how it was done back then. Learned an awful lot from the old timers. Dual wheels on almost all tractors with exception to a very few were usually installed on the rim the inside rim had loops on them then you put a piece of pipe looting thing the same size as the bead groove on then the dual slide up to the pipe deal and long allthread looking deals tightened up to the other rim. Not real easy but not much was easy back then I guess. But on your tractor those were definitely to set wheel spacing. Also it was not common to put duals on a row crop tractor.
Leonard60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 06:20 PM   #21
61_FL_Apache
Who Me?

Picking up a fallen tree from hurricane Irma.

It needed a little extra muscle to help!

And its up!

1997 Tahoe LT 4D 2WD (DD)
1961 Apache 10 (sold)
1965 C10 Stepper (sold)
61_FL_Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 12:23 PM   #22
72supr

Finished planting wheat Friday and been raining since so life is good on the northern plains.The John Deere model A has an adjustable rear axle like Leonard60 said.They are splined because they couldn't figure how to hold the hub on a smooth axle.The early ones had ten splines,this one should have twelve and after 1940 they would have fourteen.They had trouble breaking hubs so they kept increasing the number of splines till they got it right. This one has a round spoke and a flat spoke rim so at one time a hub was broke.LocDoc I hope you post some pictures of the A when you get it done I bet it will look nice just like that 36 ford.
72supr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 08:07 PM   #23
shp4man

Just stopped playing FarCry4 on the computer. It's a game set in the fictional country of Kyrat, (like Tibet). It's like being the main character in an action movie.
It has trucks, but they look like Toyotas. Also has Rhinos.

Old 09-24-2017, 09:37 PM   #24
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

Been fixing everdanglittlething on dirt bikes and selling them. Cleaning my plate. Gotta do the last few things on that little 50 and sell it too. Too much stuff...
Attached Images

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
85 M1009 Blazer (Sarge) build
74 Honda Z50 build
68Timber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 10:01 PM   #25
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72supr View Post
Finished planting wheat Friday and been raining since so life is good on the northern plains.The John Deere model A has an adjustable rear axle like Leonard60 said.They are splined because they couldn't figure how to hold the hub on a smooth axle.The early ones had ten splines,this one should have twelve and after 1940 they would have fourteen.They had trouble breaking hubs so they kept increasing the number of splines till they got it right. This one has a round spoke and a flat spoke rim so at one time a hub was broke.LocDoc I hope you post some pictures of the A when you get it done I bet it will look nice just like that 36 ford.

Thanks for the tractor info. We have been trying to figure out which type of wheel is correct for it, round or flat. We found two nice round spokes for it but the inside hub clamps we have are too big for the round spoke wheels we found. I will post more pictures of it when we make more progress on it. The daughter and son-in-law won't be down for a while because of harvest.

LockDoc

-