The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-2009, 11:14 AM   #11
glock35ipsc
Next project: 1970 K10

Re: Glock's new project: "Fred"

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfunk View Post
truck is looking good! love red trucks, wanted mine red but dont want to change interior! i myself got a burb parts truck and they come in handy haha keep up the great work!
LOL, I hear ya! I've always been a blue guy and had grand ideas of changing this one too. Once I got it in my head EXACTLY what I would need to do, the red started growing on me! Actually, now I can't wait until it's gets repainted in red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
Cool! That's a nice thing about having a parts vehicle readily available!
No lie! That door had me frustrated after rebuilding the hinges, but changing that pin made a huge difference. I'll tweak the thing once I get that alignment toll next week. Should be like butter then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by menace121978 View Post
right on bob! im glad you got that door all figured out. probably feels like a new one and no wind noise too!!
The kids and I took it out for a test drive after I did all that, and it was nice and quite. I can hear the radio on low now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBTork View Post
That and the 4L80e and 14 bolt rear axle that came in a 1500HD both take a lot of power to turn. I'd run a built 4L60e or 4L65e. They're not as bullit proof but built right they can be strong. Something to consider.

Congrats on the progress, it's going to be a nice truck.
Thanks! The engine will be basically stock.... for now, but the tranny I am getting is their 4L60E "performance" build. Future plans for the engine call for a cam and head swap, an LS-1 intake/injectors/fuel rail, and a mild stall converter to match the cam. I'll probably change all the front accessory brackets out then too, out of necessity. As I understand it, the LS-1 intake puts the throttle body too low to clear the trucks tall-sitting accessories.

1970 Chevy K10 LWB "Goldie" 350/TH350 next project!!
1981 Chevy C10 LWB 355/TH350 - My son's truck

LS SWAP FORUM! Tons of LS swap info here!
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT THE GREATEST BOARD ON THE NET!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FAQ INDEX by KRUE
glock35ipsc is offline   Reply With Quote