The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-06-2018, 04:17 PM   #1
GRX

Well dressed on election day.

Being well dressed on election day is a long standing tradition. Always wear my Bowtie

Anyone else drive their truck to the polls today?
Attached Images

Old 11-06-2018, 04:54 PM   #2
The Rocknrod

Re: Well dressed on election day.

I drove 'a truck' to the polls:
Attached Images

The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 05:22 PM   #3
In The Ten Ring

Very nice, good place for that. I haven't been able to go out yet but I hope to go in a few minutes.

What to do with yard signs though? I'm thinking "target stands."
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 05:28 PM   #4
Indian113

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Ten Ring View Post

They don't have a lot of hanging power, I hang a few pop cans and play Carnival Shooting Gallery
Indian113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 05:33 PM   #5
JON67
Lootie Stole My Truck

my state is mail in only. I wore my underwear to vote weeks ago.
JON67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 10:24 PM   #6
special-K
Special Order

Wow! Never heard Washington was mail-in only. I never heard of mail-in only before. I drove my '95 just because that's what I was driving today. Lot's of rain, as I can see on your hood, GRX. Water was running high today.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:39 AM   #7
In The Ten Ring

If the election had really been on my mind, I'd have gotten a mail-in ballot for mom. She's completely bed-fast now but has voted as long as I can remember. I own that one.

So I got out to vote today, then swung by the party HQ. I brought back mom and dad a lot of candy and I got by with eating just chicken and cucumbers.

It's tough to diet when there's a ton of free candy and pizza shoved your way!
Old 11-07-2018, 09:00 AM   #8
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Ten Ring View Post
Very nice, good place for that. I haven't been able to go out yet but I hope to go in a few minutes.

They work great for target boards. Today I'll canvas my neighborhood asking for the signs. The metal rods don't last long when kids are shooting
Man rule #77...if you own a 67 stepside with a caddy 472 you will never be in danger of loosing you man card
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 11:40 AM   #9
68Gold/white

I guess I was well dressed to vote, also. We have a voter registration location in my town, so I voted Friday. They have early voting at each election. I didn't know about this, until this year.
I drove my 2005 Silverado that I bought from a good friend a few months before he passed away...
I would have preferred to drive my 67 or 68 C10. Guess I could of driven my 77 Trans Am...

The Pontiac website would have this thread slammed shut by now. Nothing contentious going on here...
68Gold/white is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:59 PM   #10
67swb72klb

A few years back I had the GTO out for election day run
Attached Images

Old 11-10-2018, 12:25 AM   #11
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

I was disappointed, my wife and I didn't get stickers. We both work, so we didn't make it until 6:30. My polling location had a record turnout and ran out of stickers a few hours before we even got there.

I took the Silverado.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 06:47 PM   #12
Hubscrub
Cruzin

No sticker for me either, i drove my 97 bowtie.

Back to the Fifties 59 https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...NAeStpydfrcj_U

Proverbs 3:5,6

"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel across the country from coast to coast without seeing anything."Charles Kuralt

In memory of our first baby daughter, daddy and mommy love you.
Danica Grace 6/26/14
Hubscrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 12:18 AM   #13
pritch

Utah is not Mail Only, but it's highly recommended. I refuse on the grounds that the ballot should be, you know, free return postage. Or at the very least give us the bulk rate the County gets when they mail them all out. I've heard other counties do so. So I drive mine down to the Courthouse and hand it over.

It all went pretty much how I figured. We voted on whether to incorporate into the town of Hoytsville, 50 for and 166 against. I was against, but I'da ran for Mayor if it woulda passed

We voted in Medical Pot. It goes into effect on December 1st. There is to be a Special Session of The Utaliban on December 3rd to disregard the will of the People and stick us with some kind of pre-arranged "compromise" bill. I think they will limit us to 3.2%

First time I voted was the general election of '76. We used to have to register 30 days out, so I had to on my birthday that year, that was the cut-off day. Then as now, I'm generally in no shape to be anywhere near the Courthouse on my birthday, so important is voting to me I stayed sober most of that day so I could register to vote. Since then, I haven't missed an election yet and I'm proud to say that I have never voted for an incumbent. Even when my guy wins, by next time I'm so thoroughly disgusted in him (or her) that I just can't. One and Done.
Ol' Green
pritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:27 PM   #14
In The Ten Ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by pritch View Post
Utah is not Mail Only, but it's highly recommended. I refuse on the grounds that the ballot should be, you know, free return postage. Or at the very least give us the bulk rate the County gets when they mail them all out. I've heard other counties do so. So I drive mine down to the Courthouse and hand it over.

It all went pretty much how I figured. We voted on whether to incorporate into the town of Hoytsville, 50 for and 166 against. I was against, but I'da ran for Mayor if it woulda passed

We voted in Medical Pot. It goes into effect on December 1st. There is to be a Special Session of The Utaliban on December 3rd to disregard the will of the People and stick us with some kind of pre-arranged "compromise" bill. I think they will limit us to 3.2%

First time I voted was the general election of '76. We used to have to register 30 days out, so I had to on my birthday that year, that was the cut-off day. Then as now, I'm generally in no shape to be anywhere near the Courthouse on my birthday, so important is voting to me I stayed sober most of that day so I could register to vote. Since then, I haven't missed an election yet and I'm proud to say that I have never voted for an incumbent. Even when my guy wins, by next time I'm so thoroughly disgusted in him (or her) that I just can't. One and Done.
Never voted for an incumbent? That's interesting. I find it hard to believe the Founders being geniuses as they were, did not see the need for term limits. I've been told they just didn't see people staying in office till they died, voting themselves raises each year and benefiting from legal insider trading and lobbyists.

Although I have voted for incumbents---when one that's been in a long time does get out, it's a small victory at least in theory.

I've voted since 1994 and I owe most of that to a guy that lived a couple of doors down from me in an apartment I was staying in. He was certainly the most thought-out and logical politics-minded person I had met up to that time, certainly much wiser than most people his age.

Many people have strong opinions one way or the other but few have put much thought into a personal philosophy and even fewer can articulate it in a logical manner. This guy had done both by age 20.
Old 11-13-2018, 12:34 AM   #15
miajacob098

Great post
miajacob098 is offline   Reply With Quote