The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-29-2012, 11:42 PM   #26
chevybuilder18

Re: 78 silverado stepside her names 'Quicksilver'

Dang it lol it was in your sig. didnt know your an MMA fighter! im still reading lol looking good
chevybuilder18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:44 PM   #27
JRANGER

LOL! Yeah im all over the place lol
JRANGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:56 PM   #28
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRANGER View Post
LOL! Yeah im all over the place lol
must be kool living in Nashville Tennessee, and being MMA fighter. was wanting to become one, but i have no idea how to box/wrestle and no ones taught me that stuff. plus i dont run, i smoke and my lung capacitys probably deteriorating. but im glad some one else is living the dream i have and has a c10 truck
Old 11-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #29
chevybuilder18

List of important things
1 mig welder
2 new front fenders
3 sheet metal to patch some things up
4 get my factory clock working again. (that blank area in your truck was for factory analog clock)
5 sell existing 406 idea, which is already been done.
6 buy 6.0 liter LSX engine from pick and pull or car part.com
7 look on ebay for a turbo charger with in price range
8 take my flowtec headers back run them on the stock 350
9 get new bed fenders
10 lower the truck
11 get new hood!
Old 12-01-2012, 07:57 PM   #30
77ChevySharkBite

Awesome build so far man, can't wait to see progress as it comes along trust me I'm on a slow budget build myself just do what I can till I have money to buy something else or my dad for right now, thats why i'm tackling body work get all that out of the way.

77 C10 Silverado Sharkbite LWB Build
67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
06 Dodge Magnum 2.7v6 aka swag wag!
2010 Honda Accord 2.4I4 DD aka Liquid Metal
77ChevySharkBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:09 PM   #31
chevybuilder18

yea glad i do have limited funds for right now otherwise i wouldnt be doing the LQ4 6.0 LS idea, right now i have no way to do body work except on my doors and all that good stuff. wish the bed was in better shape, but this truck has been in some snow and salt thats for sure.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:31 AM   #32
chevybuilder18

Update. ive got the new tail lights ive been drooling over. they were pretty good price also. but im planning on deleting the plug in version and running a hidden wires through the bed. anyone ever do this?
ps there LED
Old 12-04-2012, 01:33 AM   #33
JRANGER

Lets see some pics of the lights lol
Old 12-04-2012, 01:37 AM   #34
77ChevySharkBite

X2 must see pictures!!!

Yeah my bed is pretty shot to hell myself just going up end up buying a new bed floor and tailgate because the rest is fine, and nice motor choice, right now I'm planning for an LS1 swap for my 305 but if a deal is right might go for that LS2
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 12-04-2012, 02:12 AM   #35
chevybuilder18

hold on let me get my phone charged lol the battery in it sucks
Old 12-04-2012, 02:36 AM   #36
chevybuilder18

i hope you dont think there ugly. But this is the kind i got out of a limited selection, $30 a piece. There trailor lights (i know the dang trailor lights!) but if anyone with factory stepside brackets like em, the corp. That makes em is Blazer international LED and they are designer series Item # C593CR
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

Old 12-04-2012, 02:50 AM   #37
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77ChevySharkBite View Post
X2 must see pictures!!!

Yeah my bed is pretty shot to hell myself just going up end up buying a new bed floor and tailgate because the rest is fine, and nice motor choice, right now I'm planning for an LS1 swap for my 305 but if a deal is right might go for that LS2
Posted via Mobile Device
if you get the chance, get on the computer get on Carpart.com enter your zip code, and should be many places, like salvage yards, private owner, buisness, shows how many miles it is from you, and how many miles are on said vehicle it came out of plus the price you will have to pay. Based on my results, a city thats my capital is 26 miles away and has a salvage yard litered with the LQ4 engines in wrecked 2500 silverados for replacement engines ranging from $450-$2000, most under $1000
4.9 and the 5.3 are a bit cheaper, $250-3000, mostly under $1000
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-04-2012, 11:33 AM   #38
JRANGER

I love those man!!! SO whats your plan...The LEDS will be brake lights and the small one will be running lights/reverse lights?
Old 12-04-2012, 12:01 PM   #39
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevybuilder18 View Post
if you get the chance, get on the computer get on Carpart.com enter your zip code, and should be many places, like salvage yards, private owner, buisness, shows how many miles it is from you, and how many miles are on said vehicle it came out of plus the price you will have to pay. Based on my results, a city thats my capital is 26 miles away and has a salvage yard litered with the LQ4 engines in wrecked 2500 silverados for replacement engines ranging from $450-$2000, most under $1000
4.9 and the 5.3 are a bit cheaper, $250-3000, mostly under $1000
Posted via Mobile Device

That's awesome!! The "break" I was looking for if I can get an engine cheap and just have it rebuilt that would be awesome!! thanks man

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 12-04-2012, 10:47 PM   #40
chevybuilder18

Quote:
I love those man!!! SO whats your plan...The LEDS will be brake lights and the small one will be running lights/reverse lights?
thats the plan, but im thinking there wired for a trailors lisence plate light. it doesnt have any other wires running from it. the other side is the passenger side and it doesnt have it. ones LH thats 7 functions with lisence plate light and the other has no clear lens. but i might poke around and see if i can make it reverse light. this truck is my DD so today the alternator wire (just put in the headers the other night i forgot to add that) melted on the header tube and now i need new Battery
Old 12-04-2012, 10:51 PM   #41
chevybuilder18

Quote:
That's awesome!! The "break" I was looking for if I can get an engine cheap and just have it rebuilt that would be awesome!! thanks man
Your welcome! lol did you find any thing?
Old 12-04-2012, 11:47 PM   #42
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Your welcome! lol did you find any thing?
Yeah found out I'm going have make a weekend road trip out of being as there all around Dallas and what not buy oh well if I save money I'll take it, but found a few engines.

The lights are different but they're badass for sure man!!
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 12-05-2012, 12:15 AM   #43
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Yeah found out I'm going have make a weekend road trip out of being as there all around Dallas and what not buy oh well if I save money I'll take it, but found a few engines.

The lights are different but they're badass for sure man!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Thank you! well im headin back over to your thread, since your guys threads put mine to shame!! no lieing there
Old 12-05-2012, 12:18 AM   #44
JRANGER

Well we have been at it a bit longer pal....Im going on a year for my build so i would say you have made much more progress then what i started with
Old 12-05-2012, 12:40 AM   #45
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Well we have been at it a bit longer pal....Im going on a year for my build so i would say you have made much more progress then what i started with
body work is gonna be driving me nuts... i really wish i could accomplish what you guys have, i literatly have no job, and still living with my disabled father and disabled mother. both unable to work in stressful enviroments, due to the mental illnesses. Before anyone pitys me for it, let me say it has nothing to do with them or me, to find a decent job, id have to borrow money off them which kills me to do. sometimes my dad just gives me some which i thank him for, just got my ball joints. the money for the doors were from a share holders check that i recieve once a year, but instead they split the check between now and spring. im patiently waiting. hate to bother people with life story, but the build is actually a goal, something to set me on another goal intil i have no more goals. the fact im doing it myself, brings me much more clingyer to this truck. so yea since i was like 14 i wanted to buy a 350 and put it in my first car, which was a Oldsmobile cutlass supreme like a 85. ever since ive been reading studying. im now 19 and im glad i have supportive parents and friends on here helping me out and giving me a stride
Old 12-05-2012, 09:43 AM   #46
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
body work is gonna be driving me nuts... i really wish i could accomplish what you guys have, i literatly have no job, and still living with my disabled father and disabled mother. both unable to work in stressful enviroments, due to the mental illnesses. Before anyone pitys me for it, let me say it has nothing to do with them or me, to find a decent job, id have to borrow money off them which kills me to do. sometimes my dad just gives me some which i thank him for, just got my ball joints. the money for the doors were from a share holders check that i recieve once a year, but instead they split the check between now and spring. im patiently waiting. hate to bother people with life story, but the build is actually a goal, something to set me on another goal intil i have no more goals. the fact im doing it myself, brings me much more clingyer to this truck. so yea since i was like 14 i wanted to buy a 350 and put it in my first car, which was a Oldsmobile cutlass supreme like a 85. ever since ive been reading studying. im now 19 and im glad i have supportive parents and friends on here helping me out and giving me a stride

I'm sorry to here about your parents I know its got to be rough, we all have our issues on what takes our projects this long so on and so forth I'm 23, I've hardly paid for much on my truck thus far its been all my dad that's the truth, but my dad knows i'll put my portion in on it too, I have bills which limits my money on what I can do, thankfully my dad has had extra money to buy the stuff he has bought. My build has been going on for about 5 months now, so don't get down on yourself when you don't have certain things done on your truck like others might. The one thing I have to tell myself a lot is some of the greatest cars out there aren't built in overnight takes years. Goals are a good thing for sure, I've always wanted to restore a car before I passed and this started for me at the age of 10 being around classics it was bound to happen sooner or later always wanted a Chevelle SS but there all restored and about $70k my buddy has a 67 and I don't know what happened but I started seeing a few squares and I said I wanted to restore on because my dad had one when I was a little kid, so that was motivation too sure enough found a deal took it and I'm where I am now. Yeah man support goes a loooooong way trust me I know haha, the way I see on this forum we're our own little community and what I like to call we're all part of the "square family" so I for sure will help you and give you advice where I can, and help push you through the build.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 12-05-2012, 07:56 PM   #47
truckzilla

Thumbs up Re: 78 silverado stepside her names 'Quicksilver'

I'm right there with ya lil' brother. I'm into my project a good two years now. Letting the truck sit for over 15 years didn't help it any! I'm now trying to do something I should have done 15 years ago when I made more money than I knew what to do with. After 911 all that changed and trying to support a family and all leaves almost no money for the build. So I imagine what it will look like when I'm old and gray and it helps keep me going on it knowing it will now take forever.

Getting all philosophical about it, lets look at it as its not about arriving somewhere; its about the journey it takes getting there. Just keep doing whats right and it will all come together in its time!

God Bless and don't get too discouraged that it will take a while to accomplish. Anything worthwhile always does!
truckzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:49 PM   #48
chevybuilder18

Quote:
I'm sorry to here about your parents I know its got to be rough, we all have our issues on what takes our projects this long so on and so forth I'm 23, I've hardly paid for much on my truck thus far its been all my dad that's the truth, but my dad knows i'll put my portion in on it too, I have bills which limits my money on what I can do, thankfully my dad has had extra money to buy the stuff he has bought. My build has been going on for about 5 months now, so don't get down on yourself when you don't have certain things done on your truck like others might. The one thing I have to tell myself a lot is some of the greatest cars out there aren't built in overnight takes years. Goals are a good thing for sure, I've always wanted to restore a car before I passed and this started for me at the age of 10 being around classics it was bound to happen sooner or later always wanted a Chevelle SS but there all restored and about $70k my buddy has a 67 and I don't know what happened but I started seeing a few squares and I said I wanted to restore on because my dad had one when I was a little kid, so that was motivation too sure enough found a deal took it and I'm where I am now. Yeah man support goes a loooooong way trust me I know haha, the way I see on this forum we're our own little community and what I like to call we're all part of the "square family" so I for sure will help you and give you advice where I can, and help push you through the build.
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckzilla View Post
I'm right there with ya lil' brother. I'm into my project a good two years now. Letting the truck sit for over 15 years didn't help it any! I'm now trying to do something I should have done 15 years ago when I made more money than I knew what to do with. After 911 all that changed and trying to support a family and all leaves almost no money for the build. So I imagine what it will look like when I'm old and gray and it helps keep me going on it knowing it will now take forever.

Getting all philosophical about it, lets look at it as its not about arriving somewhere; its about the journey it takes getting there. Just keep doing whats right and it will all come together in its time!

God Bless and don't get too discouraged that it will take a while to accomplish. Anything worthwhile always does!
thanks all of you guys for reading my thread and keeping me encouraged on this. 77sb, dont be sorry about my parents, when they could work they were proud, my dad was in the navy for 8 years, and he dont regret defending this country if he had to. it truely is a blessing having this forum to talk on. i know you guys are in Tennessee area, but sometime when shes all fixed and ready we can go and do our own truck show right here in the midwest where everyone can drive there trucks and we can meet in the middle somewhere. Thatd be great. yes truckzilla godbless and it is worthwhile!
Old 12-06-2012, 12:25 AM   #49
77ChevySharkBite

It's all a process it was it is and the forum is a place to meet people from around the country and even share a bit of your life with, like I said it's like we're one big family just spread out over the United States haha
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 12-06-2012, 03:08 AM   #50
chevybuilder18

Quote:
It's all a process it was it is and the forum is a place to meet people from around the country and even share a bit of your life with, like I said it's like we're one big family just spread out over the United States haha
Posted via Mobile Device
true. i have big goals after i get her tucked away with body work. i think i have two cab corners for one side. think im gonna check those. ill do a trade for passenger side cab corner if any one has one and needs the driver side that would be !