The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2016, 10:09 AM   #1
realvc

1962 stepside project by realvc

This little stepside was found on Craig's List not far from my home. After checking it out we made a deal on it and the project began.

I use the word project because the plan for now is to make the most needed repairs and not do a frame off restoration.

It needs a lot but for now I'll make sure it will start, stop and go. Then on to the rest of it's many needs.

The basics are it is a short wheel base stepside with a 6 cyl. three on the tree.

It is pretty much all there without being modified over the years. There is the usual rust but not as bad as some I've looked at.

The bench seat is still there. It has a new gas tank installed by the previous owner and there is a new widow regulator for the driver's door that needs to be installed and new door seals and sill plates were included with the deal.

I think the truck was green from the factory and has a beige or fawn interior.

There will be pictures coming when I figure out how to do it.

When I made the trip to buy the truck I left my phone at home so did not get any pictures like a I planned and now every time I think about taking a picture I've got grease and grime all over and don't want to handle my camera/phone.

So there you have it for now.

Purchased Wed. Sept. 28, 2016

I just remembered this, my wife took a picture of the truck setting in yard after I had unloaded it without me knowing. The next day she was showing it to all the guys where she works and even the women, everyone loved it and had an old truck story to tell. I was totally surprised when she told me. She said it was fun to see all the men's reaction to the truck.
Galatians 6:14
62 SWB stepside, 94 Wrangler, 99 Z71, 99 vette

My Project http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=719086
"If it's too loud, you're too old"

Last edited by realvc; 10-01-2016 at 10:22 AM.
realvc is offline   Reply With Quote