The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2014, 01:39 PM   #10
BSRL

Re: Blazer half cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorpioskorpio View Post
One of Boneyards tops, made in Lincoln, Nebraska or there's abouts:
Attachment 1336139
Attachment 1336140
Attachment 1336141
I asked if he could sell me one unassembled, which he did, I'm very pleased with what I got from him. It's from the MTP molds from the '70s, rear window is uncut, and was delivered as an inner and outer skin which I will be having finished locally here in Los Angeles. They are the same molds that most of the original vintage tops in this thread came from. It was packed well in a truly massive crate and we arranged shipping for a reasonable price through Fastenal on empty space on one of their distribution trucks. Everything went smooth and he was a great guy to deal with, I couldn't be happier. The molds, after 40+ years, have a few minor imperfections in them but certainly nothing serious or even something you would notice after just basic paint prep, they come off as minor abrasions in the gel coat, if you textured the top like the originals were, you would have no idea any of these imperfections existed.
Thanks; go info to know.
BSRL is offline   Reply With Quote