The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #376
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

Re: Br3w City's Project omgwtfbbq

Did you get the line loc leak figured out? I was looking earlier and summit sells rebuild kits for them..

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:13 PM   #377
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Thanks French, for those that didn't catch my other thread I'll recap;

The line lock was fully installed and sprayed the engine bay with fluid.
The cause; DEFECTIVE UNIT. Summit has agreed to replace and rush ship at no cost. The internal seal that mates the halves is supposed to swell when installed, and seal the valve body. Apparently some of them are put together wrong, the seal is damaged, or the body is twisted by overtorqueing the end fittings causing a bad seal or burrs on the mating surface.

I'll have it wedensday and will swap it in.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:49 PM   #378
El Campo

Loving your hydro boost rebuild write up! Exactly what I needed. Now if photo bucket would just let me look at the pictures it would be perfect. And I'm glad to see that you changed up fuel system
Posted via Mobile Device
72 Chevy SWB: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=486626 (Attempt/Mistake #2)
2003 Harley Davidson Dyna Superglide with 2007 Street Bob front end
2000 Ford F350 Powerstroke 4WD CCLB, 310,000 miles running great (STOLEN St. Patricks Day 2014 AND NEVER RECOVERED)
2002 Ford F250 Powerstroke 4WD CCLB (To replace stolen one)
Hook em Horns!!!
El Campo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:49 PM   #379
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Campo View Post
Loving your hydro boost rebuild write up! Exactly what I needed. Now if photo bucket would just let me look at the pictures it would be perfect. And I'm glad to see that you changed up fuel system
Posted via Mobile Device
Ya they are bastardos. I have the other acct which works now but the first one resets in 4 days iirc. Hopefully it will just be the short delay and nothing more.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:08 AM   #380
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

w
w
w
Wednesday
v
v
v
Video!

Finally, here is the video on the fabrication and installation for the steering support heim/bearing that I showed some sections of earlier. Like the video and subscribe!
Always choose 1080p!

Old 08-21-2013, 08:43 AM   #381
mcbassin
Still Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post

Finally, here is the video on the fabrication and installation for the steering support heim/bearing that I showed some sections of earlier. Like the video and subscribe!
Always choose 1080p!
Awesome video and explanation to go with it. Thanks for sharing.
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:13 PM   #382
TJ's Chevy
Post Whore

Great work bud! Love the truck! Keeping a eye on this one.
TJ's Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #383
Ta2Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.J. MCCAULEY View Post
Great work bud! Love the truck! Keeping a eye on this one.
X2...
Proverbs 27:17
US Air Force Retarded errr Retired
My '65 Stepper Build:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=533920
My '60 Rusty Patina Build:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...66#post7402266
My '72 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...59#post7204359 SOLD
Ta2Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:03 PM   #384
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Great job on the video. Very well done!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:25 AM   #385
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Thanks a ton guys.

I picked up some of the "thread sealant with teflon" to help seal the NPT fittings on the line lock. After a ton of research and back and for on the "seal or no seal" issues on these fittings, the best solution was the loctite. Although it has teflon in it, its not tef tape or tef paste...so between that and leaving the first few threads bare ensures no real chance of contamination.

The npt fittings will sometimes sweat or seep, even when tightened alot, especially if using cheap or re used fittings, or fittings of a number of different materials. We tested it out and go no leaks under pressure, finally! A quick lap around the block felt good and the changes to the steering shaft and pitman have really tightened it up....but arose the fact that I REALLY need and alignment so I don't chew up my tires. Getting one Friday.

Old 09-07-2013, 01:09 AM   #386
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Took the truck for an alignment, drove it around for about ~80 miles, and the brakes don't seem to have a drip!!!! The new alignment make a difference too. With that, the new pitman arm, and the upgraded steering shaft concern it really made a change in the road manners.

Old 09-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #387
El Campo

Read through your hydroboost rebuild and rag joint fix again and thanks again for such a good writeup. One thing that I didn't see on there was what did you do about the reservoir for hydroboost? The hydroboost I bought was out of a 3/4 ton van and has that same canister that yours had. Did you just use a powersteering pump that has a reservoir on it (like is most common) or did you end up utilizing the Astro canister?
72 Chevy SWB: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=486626 (Attempt/Mistake #2)
2003 Harley Davidson Dyna Superglide with 2007 Street Bob front end
2000 Ford F350 Powerstroke 4WD CCLB, 310,000 miles running great (STOLEN St. Patricks Day 2014 AND NEVER RECOVERED)
2002 Ford F250 Powerstroke 4WD CCLB (To replace stolen one)
Hook em Horns!!!
El Campo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #388
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Thanks campo.

So my whole thing was put together in stages, before I even fully knew I'd be running the hydroboost. The front acc I have are a tad newer than my motor, and had included the "hydroboost style" pump with the onboard reservoir and 3 lines. I combined that with the 90's Astro booster unit and master, and then down to the 70's steering gear haha. You can see the pump in the very beginning of the build when I was assembling and painting the block.

I still have the reservoir but don't intent to use it unless I find some big problem with my existing setup.

Its not wedensday but I might as well post a
v
v
v
Video

Putting in some work on the first stages of a PlastiDip color change on my guys 350z. In part 1 we test the stuff out on some mudflaps and wing.

Old 09-09-2013, 11:28 AM   #389
BOXER957

Quote:
You should be able to hear it in that video, I'm not sure why I can't edit my post...I still suck at embedding video....sad

I got her sealed up all 1 color, loose interior ends buttoned up (still need to do the radio and A LOT of custom work) so I could get it on the road. Took her to a local show, and put almost 500 miles on her in 2 days!!

Oil pressure is 40+ on startup and maintains about 54 at cruise. Temps never see more than 193*, and this is on 90* days in stop and start. I didn't push it since it hasn't been on the dyno yet for the tune, but the get up n go is there.

Pics from the weekend are on the way, and although I have lots of bodywork and such to do...I'm extremely proud of where I've come.
I normally just read the whole build and then make a comment on the end. I'm sorry but I think the fact that you can figure out how to install that motor and tranny, wire the whole mess...and get it right....but you can't figure out how to do a video Don't get me wrong, I can't do either I just thought it was a hoot. I've been reading your build, instead of working on mine and I have to say OUTSTANDING so far. I'd be in a round rubber room by now looking for the corner. I'm definitely going to follow the rest of the build but for now I gotta go get something done on mine. Incredible job! a little insane, but incredible all the same. Looking forward to reading more..Later.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:34 AM   #390
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOXER957 View Post
I normally just read the whole build and then make a comment on the end. I'm sorry but I think the fact that you can figure out how to install that motor and tranny, wire the whole mess...and get it right....but you can't figure out how to do a video Don't get me wrong, I can't do either I just thought it was a hoot. I've been reading your build, instead of working on mine and I have to say OUTSTANDING so far. I'd be in a round rubber room by now looking for the corner. I'm definitely going to follow the rest of the build but for now I gotta go get something done on mine. Incredible job! a little insane, but incredible all the same. Looking forward to reading more..Later.
Whats even more hilarious is that, while admitting you didn't read the end of the thread, I have since started shooting editing and uploading HD videos to the site.

So by the time you get back to this post, hopefully you notice that lol. I appreciate the compliments on the build man.

Old 09-10-2013, 01:29 PM   #391
BOXER957

YES!! I sat up until 4am reading and spent 1/2 of today doing the same. Absolutely outstanding. Like I said, I normally read the whole build and comment at the end. It's great to see how much confidence people gain as they progress. The friendships made along the way, the people on here are fantastic. Great build and great job with the details/info on the how to's I did notice I have yet to see a video of that lineloc being tested.. I can't say for sure but I have a feeling I may not be the only one waiting for that vid. Really enjoyed reading your build,thanks for sharing.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:14 PM   #392
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Great videos, especially the voice work. Nice job, sounds very professional.

Fyi – another easy way to mask odd shaped things like the feed line, hood hinges, shifters, etc, is to simply wrap them with aluminum foil. It’s real easy to apply and remove since it doesn’t require any tape.

Thanks for the nice detail photos. Makes it easy to follow what is being done. Looking forward to more of your video creations!
Old 09-11-2013, 12:56 AM   #393
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Thanks for the positive responses guys. I appreciate everyone who has been viewing and hitting the LIKE button, and commenting if they feel inclined!

Marke - thats a good tip. I've done it in the past for masking for fiberglass etc, I always forget its useful for paint and the like. (I got a bedliner project coming up, I might have to use the advice). -And thanks for the comment on the sound; I only have the in-camera mic for shoots, but I have a gaming headset that I rigged up with a little pop shield so I can do voiceover. Not bad for a few $'s.

Boxer - thanks man. The "debut" of the linelock will be coming. First I need to finish editing the install video for it, which turned into a massive project with the problematic parts. I'm still debating whether or not to invoke "directors privelage" and cut the video so it goes right the first time

As for the Line Lock Test video that will have to come after; I do have one being shot, and I will post it here....as soon as I feel there has been appropriate tension created in preparation for its release.... lol no I'm just lazy and have a backlog of stuff to edit. I will bring one here, nice 'n smokey....just like I like things.

Old 09-11-2013, 12:58 AM   #394
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

I guess you guys have me in a good mood. I'll toss up a quick cut together walkaround of the Brew City Cruise nights (I'm not responsible for them, despite my namesake).

I'll try to put these little show walk arounds when I get the chance. The downside is the lack of control on the environment and other people makes them a little tricky to get continuity.

Old 09-15-2013, 01:49 AM   #395
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Its late Saturday night, but I prefer to think of it as early on football sunday.
Time for a
v
v
v
Video

This is the pitman arm replacement video, pertaining directly to the 63-66 running the later model 71+ front suspension stuff. LIKE, SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT.

Old 09-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #396
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

NO comments on the pitman arm? I guess all of your trucks just troll down the road perfectly!? lol

I missed the bump on w.w.w.Wednesday, so I guess its a
thu
thu
thu
Thursday

v
v
v
Video!

Car show footage that turned into an informal introduction to my build. LIKE COMMENT SUBSCRIBE.

**and tell me if YT is showing ad's and the like or blocking the video; I have the Deathklok song bearing my truck's namesake, so I think WMR has a content warning on me.

Old 09-19-2013, 03:37 PM   #397
Ta2Don

Awesome!!!

Just watched the video thru the link here with no ads or any other issues!!!!
Proverbs 27:17
US Air Force Retarded errr Retired
My '65 Stepper Build:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=533920
My '60 Rusty Patina Build:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...66#post7402266
My '72 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...59#post7204359 SOLD
Ta2Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:01 AM   #398
BOXER957

You definitely came a looong way from when I laughed about the fact you could do all that insane stuff to your truck but couldn't download something to the computer. Great job!! Not my kind of music, so it's a little distracting but cool that it's obviously why you named your truck "Hatredcopter". I always wondered about the name, it definitely rocks the theme of the truck too! I think you nailed it!

Last edited by BOXER957; 09-20-2013 at 10:04 AM. Reason: your stupid smiley's go to the top instead of where I'm tring to put them ALWAYS
BOXER957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:13 AM   #399
Wasted Income
Boosted Member

Quote:
NO comments on the pitman arm? I guess all of your trucks just troll down the road perfectly!? lol
Yes. Bcuz rack'n'pinion.

Truck is looking good.
2014 VW Passat TDI - Daily Driver
Turbo diesel
2015 Sierra Denali HD Duramax Turbo diesel
2016 Ford Explorer Sport - Twin Turbskis
2017 Polaris RZR Turbo
2014 Nor-Tech Center Console - Twin Supercharged Outboards

TURBO ALL THE THINGS!!
Wasted Income is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:34 PM   #400
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasted Income View Post
Yes. Bcuz rack'n'pinion.

Truck is looking good.
I had a friend tell me something interesting today;

GFY is the most bipolar acronym ever; as it can apply to nearly any statement someone makes.

You can give the encouraging response; Good For You

...or the other option, I'll give you a minute to work it out.

Thanks for the comments. As for the music in the video; I agree its hella distracting. The thing is, when you watch the original animated music/video for the song, it gives an even more humorous package. When I made the video, the song was the natural choice. If you check out most of my other videos, I prefer to keep it to a few funky beats/hooks, and let the video do the talking.