The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-04-2024, 08:37 PM   #26
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: New Rant Thread

-
I was talking to the local rollback operator Saturday. He had just come back from picking up a car driven by a 15 YO kid. He ran under the back of a semi loaded with chicken manure that had stopped to make a turn. No sign of him even trying to stop. It was determined that he was texting. They had to pull the car out from underneath the truck to extract him. He had some serious injuries but lived through it. I guess that's the only way some of them will learn....

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 01:28 PM   #27
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Dunno if this is the catch all rant thread, Ill post and see =)

We had a Denny's here in town that was sub par and finally closed its doors. A little while later signs went up ... IHOP coming soon (ish). So it took months to open and its been a couple since it did. We had breakfast there yesterday. Very nice and clean, all shiny and new. Staff was nice. Breakfast came and its exactly how we ordered it. My wife and I don't like hash browns that are too crispy, waitress said most folks like em extra crispy, ugh.

I had the eggs, sausage, hash browns, and pancakes. All great except pancakes were cold butter wouldn't even melt.

Wife had eggs, bacon, hash browns, and a waffle. All great except waffle was cold like my pancakes.

I like toast or an english muffin with my eggs, but it was extra for this meal. Figured I would order a side of one or the other. Muffin almost $3.50 for one, nope. Toast was the same at $3.50 for a slice. I know stuff is going up but to me that's insane.

Im sure we will eat there again down the road. Maybe the cook was still working on his meal timing.

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 06:55 AM   #28
Boog
laying low

Yeah, the wife and I went to our waffle house saturday. Wife loves their omelets. 3:30 in the afternoon and an empty parking lot.? We walked in to find only one diner and every single table was stacked with dirty dishes. One worker fiddling with something behind the register who looked up as we were waiting to see if she would pick a table to clean for us, as most restaurants do. She said "y'all can just sit at the bar." My wife said we prefer a booth. The girl looked back down at what she was fiddling with when we walked in. We walked out to see the "shift manager" outside smoking and looking at her phone, looking totally uncaring that we had just went in and came right back out. She glanced up only to say "the girl inside is new". The wife said "that's too bad" and we went to IHOP instead.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 07:42 AM   #29
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
Yeah, the wife and I went to our waffle house saturday. Wife loves their omelets. 3:30 in the afternoon and an empty parking lot.? We walked in to find only one diner and every single table was stacked with dirty dishes. One worker fiddling with something behind the register who looked up as we were waiting to see if she would pick a table to clean for us, as most restaurants do. She said "y'all can just sit at the bar." My wife said we prefer a booth. The girl looked back down at what she was fiddling with when we walked in. We walked out to see the "shift manager" outside smoking and looking at her phone, looking totally uncaring that we had just went in and came right back out. She glanced up only to say "the girl inside is new". The wife said "that's too bad" and we went to IHOP instead.
Saturday Night Live at the Waffle House
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYNFq...Ugc2tpdA%3D%3D

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 02:26 PM   #30
Boog
laying low

Yeah, all that happens there.

Old 03-06-2024, 02:42 PM   #31
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post

We had a Denny's here in town that was sub par.

What Denny's isn't?

Ihop isn't much better and it's expensive for what you get (or don't get). $3.50 for a slice of bread sounds about right for Islop.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 02:49 PM   #32
Boog
laying low

My daughter asked for a small cup of additional cheese at Taco Hell and it was 75 cents extra. It was only a couple of tablespoons full. She told him where to put it.

Old 03-06-2024, 11:35 PM   #33
Getter-Done

I was sent out of the shop today.

This Time it Was a Good Deal.

Our Machine shop is also a Welding and Fabrication shop.

So sometimes I get volunteered to go out on a Outside job.

We left the jobsite to go eat lunch at Har DEES.

I order a Combo with a Medium drink and regular fries.

I get a Burger and a cup.

I say where is my Fries?

She was so busy because she was taking care of the drive thru,
And the counter and opening the door to the bathroom for Customers.

This is where My Rant begins.

An Employee of Hard EES has to push the code to let a Person have Access to the Bathroom.

What The What?
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 01:00 AM   #34
62c30

So all rants welcome? My property tax went up almost 20%. Got the notice yesterday, got to keep paying for the stuff I foolishly thought I owned ..
62c30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 07:08 AM   #35
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62c30 View Post
So all rants welcome? My property tax went up almost 20%. Got the notice yesterday, got to keep paying for the stuff I foolishly thought I owned ..
That's quite a leap. Are they phasing it in or all at once? Ours is due June 30th each year, is yours? That seems like awful short notice considering the increase.

My rant is, if you don't pay your property tax the state gets to have your house to sell and all they paid was one year's tax. If that isn't stealing with pen and paper...

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 10:23 AM   #36
Rickysnickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
What Denny's isn't?

Ihop isn't much better and it's expensive for what you get (or don't get). $3.50 for a slice of bread sounds about right for Islop.
If I had to guess, Pacific Beach would be mine . Although I know it isn't
Rickysnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 10:37 AM   #37
62c30

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
That's quite a leap. Are they phasing it in or all at once? Ours is due June 30th each year, is yours? That seems like awful short notice considering the increase.

My rant is, if you don't pay your property tax the state gets to have your house to sell and all they paid was one year's tax. If that isn't stealing with pen and paper...
The government around here is so nice they allow you to pay in 1 or 2 payments. I think it's June for the second if you don't pay it all in December. So I think this increase won't hit until December, but the sales tax increased the first of January. Gas just went up this week too.
Old 03-07-2024, 03:31 PM   #38
Rich84

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62c30 View Post
So, did they increase the assessment of your property or the tax? Property assessments in our area have gone up from 20-100%. That does not mean that our tax will go up that much. They will have to lower the mill rate to adjust for the higher values. It does shift the tax burden when this happens. Commercial property has not increased like residential property. So homeowners will pay a higher proportion of the taxes.
Rich84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 03:38 PM   #39
62c30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich84 View Post
So, did they increase the assessment of your property or the tax? Property assessments in our area have gone up from 20-100%. That does not mean that our tax will go up that much. They will have to lower the mill rate to adjust for the higher values. It does shift the tax burden when this happens. Commercial property has not increased like residential property. So homeowners will pay a higher proportion of the taxes.
The assessed value went up on the house, land stayed the same. As of right now the dollar amount should increase the same amount. The house to my north went up about 12% and the house to the south went up about 23%. I'm no expert on this but every year as the assessment goes up so does the amount I pay.
Old 03-07-2024, 03:39 PM   #40
Boog
laying low

So will your insurance.

Old 03-07-2024, 03:44 PM   #41
62c30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
So will your insurance.
I actually switched companies toward the end of last year cause the company I had wanted to almost double my premium. I've owned 3 house in 2 different states in the last 20 years and I've had 4 different home insurance companies. It seems at the 3-5 year mark they jack your rates up. I shop around when my policy renews if it goes up more than 10% or so.
Old 03-07-2024, 05:35 PM   #42
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
They are just too hard to use with a phone in your hand because you might miss something important.
My dad was born 1909, my mom 1935. By the 60s dad complained about two things, folks not using their turn signals, and "It's that GD phone again". Well, three really, "electric guitar ruined music. I'd have been bigger if not for the Beatles"

Imagine what old timers would say today, with far more people, "smart phones", and IMO, tilted attention spans too.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote