The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-10-2005, 10:28 AM   #1
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

Cab Mounting Questions

all,
i am now in the process of mounting my cab back to the frame. i purchased the energy suspension mounting kit. i am not sure of the order that the pads go in. i was wondering if any of you could give me some help in the order in which the cab mount bushings go in on each of the bolts at each bolt location. when i took the cab off i tried to keep everything in order, but after 3 mo. of being off they seem to have been knocked around some . any clear pics would be a big help . i would like any insight in anyone's experience in putting a cab back onto the frame. i am not sure how i am going to wrestle it on and still keep things in order!!! everyone on this site is really cool to talk with.

thanks!!!
rodstored-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 10:43 AM   #2
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

No instructions?? Give 'em a call, or go on-line and see what they have to say. Check LMC...their catalogs have a pretty good set of line drawings that are good for reference. Should be a bolt and washer to go through the floor pan, through the cushion and into the mount, with a washer beneath the nut and then the nut. This is a guess, based on what I see in my truck.

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 10:35 AM   #3
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

chevloray,
thanks for the input. i have tried to look at the assy. manual & the lmc cat. i still for some reason am not able to feel 100% about the setup.there are "instructions" they are pretty vague, - real general. thanks though.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:38 AM   #4
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

all,
i was really hoping that someone who has recently done this could maybe give me a few pointers & i was was really wanting to see a closeup pick of the mounts installed on a fresh rebuild. maybe one of each circumstance (1-rear cab & 1-front floor board) thanks again for any input!!!

rodstored-72
Old 10-11-2005, 12:19 PM   #5
71Chevystepside

is this a long bed or short bed, they are different. I am no expert here but have taken off and set a few cabs before. Is you cab loaded(doors,interior, windows) or is it empty now.

To lift mine cab around by myself, I use my engine hoist with some soft straps through either open front and rear windows or sides with no doors.

I currently have my cab just sitting on the frame with new cab mounts just resting under it. Sorry no pics yet, cant get them to load here.

Hope that helps a little.
71Chevystepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 04:27 PM   #6
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

71 chevystepside,
it is a swb truck 2wd. i have the bushings , but really just need the order in which all the bushings (mounts) go in relation to the frame & the cab. i appreciate if you would be able to take a pic. i think the best would be a pic of each location then i could just copy the order i see. thanks again everyone!

rodstored-72