The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-07-2008, 04:02 PM   #1
byrd
Union Electrician

WIW Project Frank

It looking like I will have to sell my project Frank off due to personal reasons and some financial reasons. I am looking to see what it is worth to you guys as a package deal for everything.
First off this is not a for sale ad.
You can check out the entire build by clicking on the link in my signature project "Frank" to see what it looked like and what it looks like at this point.

The truck is 100% rust free and only needs the outer rockers put on(I have NOS ones for the truck) and some firewall shaving is the only welding left to do( I could take care of that for a potential buyer if that would make or break the deal)

The truck is a 67 small window short fleet
It has 72 suspention under it, all 5 lug and matching 72 rear end to keep
the wheel in line.
Freshly rebuilt 350 bored .30 over with a small cam and a freshly rebuilt 200r4 from BTO, with a excellent 3:07 open rear end.
All brake and fuel lines are stainless, including all flex hoses and I have used stainless one hole straps and and stainless button head screws, drilled and tapped in to the frame for a sweet look!!
The truck has 4 wheel disc brakes, 2.5 drop spindles and 1" drop spings in the front, with Doestech drop shocks, the rear has 3" drop springs and 2" blocks for a total of 5" drop with rear shock relocators and the same Doestech shocks and an ajustable rear panhard bar.
It has a Fuel Cell Guy aluminum fuel cell installed in the rear with no frame mods.This thing is SWEET!!!
The frame was ground clean and I used eastwoods 3 part frame painting kit, rust convertor(although there really wasn't any) rust encapsulator and finally high gloss chassis black for a really nice and strong paint.Everything on the chassis is new,ball joints(uppers only, lowers were new from truck I bought), inner/outer tie rods, bearings, calipers front and rear, all bolts on the chassis are stainless, polished or Zinc coated to prevent rusting. The tranny x-member has been upgraded for the exhaust to stay inside the frame rails as well as the rear trailing arm x-member with the holes in it for the exhaust.
The rolling chassis only lacks the driveshaft, exhaust and a little work on the brake lines to adapt the rear disc calipers (after thought on the rear discs)
I have got brand new 67 only fenders L&R, both inner fenders, 67-8 core support,stock hood,both bedsides,wheel tubs,and front panel, all Goodmark panels.
The cab is rust free including the doors(no glass at all)
Doors have been hung and lined up for rocker fitment and the gaps
are nice and tight. The cab is also has the original cab corners, and floor supports that are perfect(cab is from Montana) Also the firewall has been mostly shaved and the PS side has been modified to mimick the DS with the same curves. I was going to finish the shave and only leave the holes for the throttle linkage, brake booster, and steering column the rest was to be hidden. I have also shaved the fuel filler hole, the rear seam on the cab, and countless hours on the inner rockers(custom made) and saving the original cab corners(no rust just beat up a bit)
It also has 17x8 Eagle polished aluminum 5 star wheels(look like TT2's)
with Toyo proxes tires that are basically brand new.
I have a lot more stuff for the truck to finish, such as
Polished aluminum radiator
Stainless and chrome booster M/C and prop vavle with chrome braket
and brake rod to complete the package
polished aluminum flamed vavle covers and breather,
stainless battery drop out box,
New front(with fog lights) and rear bumpers with GM brackets.
Really nice tailgate
New 1406 edel carb
Have 67-8 grill that is rust free and perfectly straight
Straight and rust free cowl panel(with or without ant hole your choice)
A really nice set of black recovered in stock material Buddy buckets

Maojor things the truck will need is,
wiring harness
steering column
Heat and A/C
glass
small amount of body work and paint ( for the right price I could get the rockers and firewall finished up and ready for paint prep, so that the buyer wouldnot have to weld anything)

With little effort this truck could easily be a show winning truck that you would be proud to show anywhere.

I know what I have in it and know that the amount is irrellevant, but rather what the buyer is willing to pay. All the work has been first class with no real expense spared, there are a couple of members who have seen it first hand and can vouch for the condition of the truck(well partial truck anyway
I really do not want to part the truck out, but rather sell it as a package deal that will probably change if no takers are found. please do not hesitate to speak your mind I will take it all with a grain of salt and I will be greatfull for your honesty. Thank you for your help.......Randy
Zip:40272
Big Sandy Survivor...

Quote:
We cannot choose the way we die, but we can choose the way we live
Quote:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.
Quote:
I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors
byrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:26 PM   #2
Pl4yboy
Freeeeee Mason...

Re: WIW Project Frank

It hurts me to see you forced to give up this awesome build. I've been watching it from the beginning. I hope everything works out in the end man.
Pl4yboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 03:01 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

I was hoping it didn`t come to this.I`d have to look your build thread over again.But,it`s tough to get any kind of real money back out of an abandoned project.There are people who specialize in buying failed projects and completing.Those guys make the money! For a guy interested for himself,it comes down to how much he`s spending more than what he`s getting.He`s going to want alot for his money because there`s an unknown amount that still needs to be spent.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:06 AM   #4
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Here's a bump for you randy. Gotta do what you gotta do, no matter how much it sucks.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:25 AM   #5
Ron 586
RIP Mr Ron

I bought a Transmission from Randy a long while back but was able to see Frank as it was to that point. It is an awesome build and I never dreamed it would ever be for sale. Randy's work is top shelf so who ever gets this will have a quality piece.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

TN Message Forum

TN Facebook Group

SETN Truck Show

My Photobucket
Ron 586 is offline   Reply With Quote