The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-09-2009, 09:28 PM   #1
orgalmeister

Its Legal!!!!

The '56 became legal yesterday. All insured and tagged. Now I can get down to sorting out the rest of the truck but most of all I get to RIDE. Goes to the alignment shop in the morn. Then on to getting it finished such as bed, bumpers, interior. The Honda in the back ground of the pic was "sacrificed" (sold) to help finance the rest.
Attached Images

Gone: 72 SB, 67 CST, 57 BBW, 47 Panel streetrod,

Last edited by orgalmeister; 04-09-2009 at 09:29 PM. Reason: can't type
orgalmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:36 PM   #2
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Re: Its Legal!!!!

It looks great! I can't wait to have that same feeling, mines still a beater but it's finally roadworthy and I'm getting ready to take it in to get tagged and insured. How's it feel?
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
*Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:50 PM   #3
sgtusmc

congrats man, just in time for summer.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...hlight=sgtusmc
U.S. Marines - Certified Counselors to the 72 Virgins Dating Club.
sgtusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:18 PM   #4
stan3018

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgalmeister View Post
The '56 became legal yesterday. All insured and tagged. Now I can get down to sorting out the rest of the truck but most of all I get to RIDE. Goes to the alignment shop in the morn. Then on to getting it finished such as bed, bumpers, interior. The Honda in the back ground of the pic was "sacrificed" (sold) to help finance the rest.
it looks nice
stan3018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:15 AM   #5
Kim57

Looking good.
Kim
Kim57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:16 AM   #6
OrrieG

Cool. My wife loves me but I don't think she is going to sell her CRV to finance my truck!
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:08 AM   #7
joeys66pickup
Dr. Frankenstein

SWEET Looking Truck!!! is that the stock frame clipped or something?
Old 04-10-2009, 05:54 AM   #8
OARNGESI

Congrats nice truck
OARNGESI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:38 AM   #9
edge

looks real good...what color is it?
edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:36 AM   #10
chevyrestoguy

Did you have to go through any hassles to register it? Mine has been out of the DMV system since 1985, and I'm figuring that I will have to go to the Highway Patrol to have them verify the VIN, and then go back to the DMV and get it put back into the system. My truck has been clipped, and it's a real cornacopia of parts from everywhere, so I'm wondering if I can expect a hassle when it comes time to make the 'ol girl legal, which should be very soon.
chevyrestoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:32 AM   #11
discodadee

I'm not 100% sure on this but I think once it has been out of the system for 7 years it is not much of a hassle. Especially if you have a title. I'm still dreading going down and getting mine registered, it was last registered in '05 so I know I'm going to have a hefty amount of back registration due...

Also mine is and was a hodge-podge of parts when it was last registered and it was still somehow accomplished. The title I have matches the VIN on the cab, I don't know if they care about the rest...
Old 04-11-2009, 04:56 PM   #12
orgalmeister

Thanks for all the nice comments. It does feel nice to have it legal. Been a long time. This was my original project started back in late 90's. Always got put on the back burner or parts stolen 'cause the "latest" project came first. This thing has had 4 engines taken from it. 2 steering columns. A wiring harness. Fenders, patch panels and I don't know what else.

It has an Industrial Chassis cross member that uses Dakota stuff. I'm not thrilled with it. Could be cause its Dodge and not Chevy. Could be because this was my first try a suspension stuff and really had no clue as to what I was doing and the internet forums were nowhere near what they are now.

The color is VW that you see on the newer Beetles but with a lighter undercoat to make it brighter. The interior is also a VW beige color flattened to look like leather. Won't do that again. Can't clean it worth a hooey.

In NC no problems registering it as I've had title since '97 or so. All my VIN #'s are original and intact.

CR-V was an extra car bought last year to help a friend who eventually didn't need it(long story). So we used it as a winter run around car. Damn good little car. If I could have sold my '06 I would have kept it and got another older truck for yard and lumber runs.

Sorry for being so long winded. I'm like this in person too when talking about stuff I love.

Thanks again for all the kind words. Now onto sorting out the rest of the truck.

Steve
Gone: 72 SB, 67 CST, 57 BBW, 47 Panel streetrod,
orgalmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:43 PM   #13
CAL 58 GMC

Looking good man!
CAL 58 GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:41 PM   #14
dieseldr4

orgalmiester, your truck looks awesome, great job, the pain was worth the wait huh??

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyrestoguy View Post
Did you have to go through any hassles to register it? Mine has been out of the DMV system since 1985, and I'm figuring that I will have to go to the Highway Patrol to have them verify the VIN, and then go back to the DMV and get it put back into the system. My truck has been clipped, and it's a real cornacopia of parts from everywhere, so I'm wondering if I can expect a hassle when it comes time to make the 'ol girl legal, which should be very soon.

chevyrestoguy, ca. is a pain, since your truck has been clipped, they will more than likely make you put a salvage title on it if you have to get it re inspected.. dont give them anymore info than they need as far as that goes.. if you weld a mustang2 in its ok because you didnt cut the frame off..<-- that is b.s as far as im concerned. the last 57 i clipped, the owner left the truck registered in arizona.. i think the dmv/chp inspection is gonna be a real pain for you.. i hope its not, your build looks good.. pm me sometime if you need a hand.. hope this helps..
dieseldr4 is offline   Reply With Quote