The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Paint & Bodywork

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-07-2010, 07:08 PM   #1
OLEBEATER

cab paint divider trim

Anyone know the correct placement and spacing for the clips that holds this trim on. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated also for installing the clips and trim............beater
OLEBEATER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:34 PM   #2
GruntMoanCough

Re: cab paint divider trim

Here's a diagram. Reference point, circled 40, is 40" above bottom surface of the rocker panel (not the pinchweld flange) or a little less than the highest point of the outer roof panel. The side studs are measured from a straight edge along the rear panel.
Attached Images

Old 10-09-2010, 11:18 PM   #3
pat 70/71

never added trim to that area, check out some pics and get the molding and hold it where it fits the best and then put some tape at the top and bottom of the trim then remove the trim and find the center of the two tape lines and that is your trim center line and, mount the pins on that line. hope this helps. cheers,Pat
pat 70/71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 01:09 PM   #4
mbgmike

also to install the pins you use a stud welder but if you do not have one they make the screw in type studs. You just drill a little hole and screw them in. We put some sealant on them to help stop any rust. They work fine
mbgmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:25 PM   #5
nitrosport_5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruntMoanCough View Post
Here's a diagram. Reference point, circled 40, is 40" above bottom surface of the rocker panel (not the pinchweld flange) or a little less than the highest point of the outer roof panel. The side studs are measured from a straight edge along the rear panel.
not meaning to dig up old threads, but i need a little clarification on the 40 reference point. So you are supposed to measure 2.16 down from that 40" reference point to get the center of the studs? And the 40" is measured from the bottom of the rocker panel? If i measure 40" from the bottom of the rocker pannel, it puts reference point 40 about 4" above the pinch weld of the bottom of the rear window opening. I must not be interpreting this correctly? it isnt just 2.16 down from the top edge of the lower rear window pinch weld?

and on the sides, is the bottom of the paint divider supposed to lineup with the bottom of the drip rail, or a little above it.

Thanks in advance, Dont have a truck here that i can be 100% sure it is right to take measurements from. This cab i am installing the paint divider on is a 70. Thanks
nitrosport_5 is offline   Reply With Quote