The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-03-2003, 06:46 PM   #1
Slammed67
Progress = 0%

Angry eBay deal gone bad!

Just warning you guys about an eBay seller. His eBay id is "PHISHTRUCK". Below is the eBay auction description and photo that he provided. It's pretty self-explanatory. Does anyone know this guy or is he a board member?? All his feedback on eBay is all positive, so I'm not sure what he's trying to pull with me. He hasn't resolved the situation yet, and if he does, I'll clear his name. I've asked for at a partial refund but have gotten no reply to that request. Doesn't look very promising though. I'm not out a lot of money, but definitely didn't get what I paid for.......

“STEERING WHEEL IS IN ABOVE-AVERAGE CONDITION. HAS SMALL CRACK AT THE BASE OF ONE OF THE SPOKES. NO CRACKS IN THE RING. HORN BUTTON INCLUDED, IN GOOD SHAPE. THIS IS A NO RESERVE AUCTION, SO BID TO BUY IT. STREET ROD, HOT ROD, RAT ROD, C-10. I HAVE AVAILABLE HUNDREDS OF NEW & USED PARTS FOR CHEVY TRUCKS, BLAZERS, & SUBURBANS. EMAIL W/YOUR NEEDS. SEE SELLER'S OTHER AUCTIONS.”

Hey, I got the steering wheel the yesterday and was very disappointed. You claimed in your auction that the steering wheel was” “……IN ABOVE-AVERAGE CONDITION. HAS SMALL CRACK AT THE BASE OF ONE OF THE SPOKES. NO CRACKS IN THE RING.” Well, the steering wheel you sent me has large cracks in each spoke near the base and had two small cracks where the spokes meet the outer ring! What is up with that? This steering wheel does not match the description in your auction. I hope you will resolve this situation. Please reply.

JUST RETURNED HOME FROM FL. BUYING MORE TRUCKS. AS FOR CONDITION, THAT IS NOT HOW I SHIPPED IT. IT ONLY HAD SMALL CRACK ON INSIDE OF BASE OF SPOKE, DID NOT HAVE ANY OTHER CRACKS, AND IT WAS PACKED WELL. COULD YOU SEND ME PIC. OF WHEEL? WAS BOX DAMAGED OR?? MAYBE THE TEMPERATURE CHANGE? THIS WHEEL WAS ON ONE OF MY TRUCKS THAT IS KEPT IN A HEATED SHOP. I HAVE 14 67/72 CHEVY TRUCKS ,BLAZERS, AND SUBURBANS AND KNOW VERY WELL WHAT AVERAGE CONDITION IS. MOST ARE BROKEN ALL THE WAY AROUND OUTER RING & HAVE LARGE SPLITS AROUND HORN BUTTON. PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW YOU WANT TO HANDLE THIS MATTER. IF YOU DO NOT WANT THE STEERING WHEEL AS IT IS, YOU CAN SHIP IT BACK TO ME. IF IT HAS BEEN DAMAGED, I'LL TAKE IT UP WITH UPS, BECAUSE I KNOW WHAT I SHIPPED & DID NOT MISLEAD ANYONE IN MY DESCRIPTION. SORRY & THANKS ,DAVID P.S. I HAVE RESTORED ONES PAINTED TO MATCH YOUR TRUCK THAT I SELL FOR $250.00 AT CARLISLE PA. SWAP MEET IF YOU WANT A PERFECT 37 YEAR OLD WHEEL... PLEASE RESPOND ASAP SO THIS CAN BE RESOLVED.

Well, like I said, there are cracks in each spoke near the hub and they appear to be old cracks, not some as a result of shipping. I can try to take pictures of it, but may have to borrow a better digital camera to do so. Give me a couple days to get back with you.

Thank you for replying.

I'M NOT UNDERSTANDING YOUR CHANGING DESCRIPTIONS OF WHERE THE CRACKS ARE...IF YOU DON'T WANT THE STEERING WHEEL, JUST SEND IT BACK. I'LL RETURN PURCHASE PRICE. IF WHEEL IS AS BAD AS YOU SAY IT IS, I CAN FIX IT IN ABOUT AN HOUR AND $20 WORTH OF MATERIALS AND SOMEONE WILL BUY IT IN ABOUT A WEEK BUY IT NOW FOR $250 ON EBAY.SORRY FOR YOUR TROUBLE, DAVID

Dude, calm down. How did I change my description of the cracks??? I will take pictures and show you where the cracks are. I too have seen many of these trucks and know that 99% of them are cracked. Like I said, I will take pictures of the cracks and send them to you. I can fix it too (and the three others that I have), but I feel like you misrepresented what you were selling. You said there was one crack and there are actually more than one, so therefore the item is not as you described it. That’s all I’m trying to point out. I’ll send pics.

Thank you,

Jason

(No reply)

David,

Here are the pictures of the cracks in the steering wheel. It is very obvious to me that these cracks were in the wheel prior to being shipped. It is also very obvious that this steering wheel does not match the description on your auction. The only reason I bid on the wheel is because it had “only one small crack on one of the spokes”. I have three of these steering wheels in my basement right now that are in a similar condition. If your auction would have properly described the wheel, I wouldn’t of even bid on it. I hope you will resolve this problem to my satisfaction. I think it would be fair to give me a partial refund. I don’t plan to ship the wheel back to you because then I’d be out even more money. Please reply.

Thank you,

Jason

(No reply)

Hey, did you get the photos I sent????

Please reply.

(No reply as of yet!)
Old 03-03-2003, 07:09 PM   #2
hjalbert
cracker

Quote:
I'M NOT UNDERSTANDING YOUR CHANGING DESCRIPTIONS OF WHERE THE CRACKS ARE...IF YOU DON'T WANT THE STEERING WHEEL, JUST SEND IT BACK. I'LL RETURN PURCHASE PRICE. IF WHEEL IS AS BAD AS YOU SAY IT IS, I CAN FIX IT IN ABOUT AN HOUR AND $20 WORTH OF MATERIALS AND SOMEONE WILL BUY IT IN ABOUT A WEEK BUY IT NOW FOR $250 ON EBAY.SORRY FOR YOUR TROUBLE, DAVID
Am I missing something? Didn't the guy say returne the wheel and he will give you your money back?

Harry John Albert III
located in Phoenix, AZ
1972 GMC JIMMY,
1969 lwb Chevy Frame,
1999 bmw k1200 ltc
1992 Kawasaki concours
1991 bmw k75
1973 cortez motorhome
hjalbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 07:16 PM   #3
Slammed67
Progress = 0%

I don't think he'll reimburse the shipping costs though. So why should I eat that cost because just he lied about what he was selling? Plus, why is he getting so defensive about it? I could have bought a similar condition wheel at a local junk yard for probably $10, but his "one-crack-only" wheel seemed like a better deal....... less cracks to fill. Dishonesty just pisses me off. Why can't he just admit that he misrepresented the steering wheel? There is no question that those cracks had been there for a while.
Old 03-03-2003, 07:23 PM   #4
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

Also you might want to think about not sending the wheel back because who's to say he will even give you your $$$ back...

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 07:36 PM   #5
SWINGSAX68
Now the others dig........

Well...He is trying to be honest at least, why don't you invest in some steering wheel epoxy and mend the wheel, it will mean a whole lot more to you and you can forget about this rube. He's obviously got his own little things to deal with, and maybe a superiority complex "I HAVE RESTORED ONES PAINTED TO MATCH YOUR TRUCK THAT I SELL FOR $250.00 AT CARLISLE PA. SWAP MEET IF YOU WANT A PERFECT 37 YEAR OLD WHEEL...IF WHEEL IS AS BAD AS YOU SAY IT IS, I CAN FIX IT IN ABOUT AN HOUR AND $20 WORTH OF MATERIALS AND SOMEONE WILL BUY IT IN ABOUT A WEEK BUY IT NOW FOR $250 ON EBAY"
In other words, send me my wheel back I'll send you your money back and I'll end up with the better deal....
This guy makes it seem like his end of the deal was met....but I don't think it was. I have seen many old wheels....those cracks look like they were there before they were mailed....his description is misleading.
If you did that work on your truck (which is awesome)...you can tackle a steering wheel!!!!!
LOOKING FOR A 67 4 DOOR IMPALA!!!Just like Sam and Dean Winchester!! 'Cause Mustangs are for p^**#$ and you can fit a body in the trunk of a 67 Impala
MEMBER OF THE DRUM BRAKE CLUB
Bachelor of Music in Jazz Studies Texas State University-San Marcos, TX
Certified Music Educator
I hope Mom is up there watching and being my Guardian Angel

"I've got a fever.....and the only prescription.....IS MORE COW BELL"
-The Legendary: Bruce Dickenson

"F#$@ 'em up!!!!!!"
-The Legendary: Rogelio Escobar

TRUCKY LINKS
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=457750
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=461184
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=472848
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=417541
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=477788
SWINGSAX68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 07:40 PM   #6
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

Just be sure to give him negative feedback on Ebay..

Is that one way to let others know about him, as a seller? I agree that sending the wheel back will probably not get you any money, for a while, if at all. Then, he'd have the wheel and the money and just fix it and sell it for $250, like he said.

I think that Eastwood has a kit to repair steering wheels. Since you have three more, you should fix them and sell them on Ebay, yourself!

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 07:59 PM   #7
Slammed67
Progress = 0%

Thanks SWINGSAX68. I do plan on fixing it, which shouldn't be very difficult. It's just the fact of the matter that urks me! He will get some negative feedback for sure unless he give me a partial refund!
Old 03-03-2003, 08:04 PM   #8
Earl Junior
Cadillac power

I think part of the problem IS THIS GUY TYPES IN ALL CAPS. The textual equivalent to shouting.

Depending on how you paid for the item you may be eligible for a full or partial refund (would require returning the product however). As an outsider looking in, it appears to be a misunderstanding to me.

Good luck, leave clearly worded easy to understand feedback.
Just for the record, if I'm down to my last potato, I'm not sharing it with a guy who wants to kill me so he can get a better supply of virgins in paradise. That lesson is a little thing I call Economics 101, infidel style.

--Scott Adams author of Dilbert
Earl Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 08:29 PM   #9
imdarren

You know what scares me!
And frankly should pi$$ off a lot of poeple.
Is the dishonesty of "fixing" / using epoxy to make an old wheel look in better shape than it is, and selling it for $250!!
That to me is dishonest! Thats like filling bondo in a big rust hole, painting over it, and selling the truck for $8,000 as a no rust truck.
If you tell people that you used epoxy to fill the cracks, and then put a new coat of paint on it. Thats one thing.
But to try and hide a problem is dis honest!

Enough ranting......

Darren

Thanks for posting his name.
I keep a list of "do not buy from folks"
There are too many good folks out there dealing with these trucks to mess around with the misleading folks!

1967 Chevy C10 LWB Rodstoration In Progress.
1972 K20 Cheyenne Super
imdarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 09:40 PM   #10
Slammed67
Progress = 0%

Good point! Hadn't even thought of that!
Old 03-03-2003, 09:57 PM   #11
Castiron9
72 LONGHORN OWNER

Tell him that you want all your money back plus the shipping costs,,I agree with you why should you be out shipping.And if he says he can fix them and get 250.00 for them,,then tell him you have 3 extra ones with cracks that you will sell him and he will make a killing on them once he fixes and sells them for 250.00 a piece...just my 2 cents worth........
Castiron9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 11:09 PM   #12
weasel29gm
SLOW BUT SURE,BUT CLOSER

Who would pay $250 for a stock wheel if it wasn't for a resto?
69 C-10, OWNED 35YRS... 350 over 30, 350 Turbo, 3:73 Posi P/S, P/B Black with red and black int. ''LOVE THESE OLD ''TRUCKS.......
weasel29gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 11:27 PM   #13
casey

Tell him to send your money back to you first, you trusted him by sending him the money before you got the wheel,He mislead you that is for sure, dam pirates, this sure makes it bad for honest venders, good luck
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 11:44 PM   #14
c10crazy
Like a Rock!

He knew it was damaged before he mailed it. I think he was hoping you would go along with his scam to falsify a claim with UPS. All shipments are covered up to $100 at no cost to the shipper. I had a guy one time on ebay try that with me and I said no way. I'm not going to lie to UPS "to help us both out". I heard the UPS is really cracking down on ebay sellers now for this. I have fixed these with Bondo believe it or not and they looked great. Leave that clown negative feedback and let other users know he tried to get you to defraud UPS.
c10crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 12:27 AM   #15
gmc383

im with you slammed

That is a typical ebay burn for sure! Tell him that as a favor to him, you will let him buy it back from you, as well as compensate you for shipping, and he can make his 250 bucks. What a crock! I sell stuff on ebay all the time, and if someone doesn't like something, I buy it back at no cost to them. Hasn't happened but twice. Just last month I sold a chevelle to someone who bought, but did not have the money. He kept saying he was going to come up with it. Then I auctioned the car again and some lady hit the buy it now. Then she called to tell me it was an accident, and she could only afford 2000. Half the price of the car! Fortunately, third time was a charm. There are some real wingnuts out there!
gmc383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 03:01 AM   #16
BigChevMan
My Thoughts Exactly!

Send notice to ebay...they will deal with him. They don't take lightly to people being shafted.
BigChevMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 03:59 AM   #17
Project1970
14.1 @ 96MPH

Nope, I'll give 'em that. I've done over 60 deals on eBay, and just recently had my first two go sour (at the same time no less!)...

Both of them are no longer registered users. Go figure. I think eBay is getting MUCH harsher on non-paying bidders and craptastic sellers; they have to if they want to come across as a real, legit place to buy and sell stuff for Joe Schmoe.
Old 03-04-2003, 11:13 AM   #18
SWINGSAX68

SHOOT....send me the wheel I'll fix it and mail it back to you!!!!!
LOOKING FOR A 67 4 DOOR IMPALA!!!Just like Sam and Dean Winchester!! 'Cause Mustangs are for p^**#$ and you can fit a body in the trunk of a 67 Impala
Certified Music Educator

"F#$@ 'em up!!!!!!"

TRUCKY LINKS
Old 03-05-2003, 01:30 AM   #19
Slammed67
Progress = 0%

Okay, here is is reply to my pictures......... and speaking of crack, I think this guy smokes it on a regular basis!

"What I saw in your pictures was 4 different shots of the one crack I described in the auction, and the other shots simply showed chipping paint & scratches, which is normal wear & tear on a 37 year old item. That is what I would consider "above average condition." I am sorry if you don't agree, but I do not set out to deceive anyone with my auctions, I have no need to & there is nothing to be gained by doing so. You can check my other auctions (and my excellent feedback, most for much more costly items, most noting "item as or better than described") & see that I have been brutually honest about the flaws in the item when there are any. My offer to you, so that you feel you haven't lost anything out of this, was to give you a full refund if you returned the steering wheel, which makes perfect sense if you don't like it. If you like it enough to keep it, then how much would you have been willing to pay for it? (In other words, how much of a refund would you want..which I''m basically considering extortion for hopefully avoiding negative feedback on my all positive record thus far.) If a partial refund is what is agreed upon, it will also only be made once feedback is left. Let me know. Thanks. "
Old 03-05-2003, 01:33 AM   #20
Slammed67
Progress = 0%

Quote:
(In other words, how much of a refund would you want..which I''m basically considering extortion for hopefully avoiding negative feedback on my all positive record thus far
Extortion???????????

Am I seeing things? Doesn't one of those pictures plainly show TWO cracks??????

What a punk! I'm tempted to tell him to keep his damn money and jsut leave him negative feedback! Sorry, but this guy is out of his mind. What a dick!
Old 03-05-2003, 01:49 AM   #21
SWINGSAX68

Quote:
Originally posted by Slammed67

"What I saw in your pictures was 4 different shots of the one crack I described in the auction, and the other shots simply showed chipping paint & scratches"
WTF!!!
This guy is nuts!!! 4 different pictures of the same crack...that is F&%^$^%$^ obsurd.....that is obviouisly what looks like at least three to four cracks that were never described in the auction!!!! I'm not a professional photograph analyst...but DAMN you need to be a real DIP S#!T not to see that!!!!!
Dude....this is starting to piss ME off
But you know its your call however you decide to handle it....damn...I need a beer....
Certified Music Educator

"F#$@ 'em up!!!!!!"

TRUCKY LINKS
Old 03-05-2003, 01:59 AM   #22
Slammed67
Progress = 0%

LOL!

I'm at a loss for words.

Drink one for me SWINGSAX68! I need to go to bed!
Old 03-05-2003, 02:30 AM   #23
imdarren

Slammed67,
Could you maybe post a web link to the auction? If you have it?
It would be interesting to see!
I just wan't to know if this guy is ever on this board?
Cuz if he is.... well... lets just leave it at that.
Thank you for posting his ebay account name!
It's on my list now!
Oh. And by the way! I have a "Good people to do buiseness with list also"! Am I anal or what!!

Darren

1967 Chevy C10 LWB Rodstoration In Progress.
1972 K20 Cheyenne Super
imdarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 02:45 AM   #24
gmc383

his so called

"perfect" feedback seems pretty important to him. I would give him negative feedback, report him to ebay. I think he probably has does this before. Now I am pissed off. Oh well, what I have found with ebay is that every once in awhile, you get a nutbag. I have had 167 dealings and have 2 nuetrals. Both I don't think were fair, but that is just the way it goes.
gmc383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 02:53 AM   #25
low 84

if you didn't pay that much for the wheel and can take eating the cost of it, i would just keep it and leave bad feedback. it sounds like fromhis last email his knows he screwed with the wrong person and is now trying to bribe you into leaving postive feed back, by giving you a refund only if you do. i would just keep it and warn others.

'05 1500 Crew Cab

RIP
'84 swb 5/7 drop, solid cammed 408 w/ fully ported dart heads, th350 w/ 10 inch hughes, 12 bolt w/ 3.73 richmonds and a locker
'80 swb 4x4 in progress: 7" lift, 350 th350/np205, d44 and 1.5" ORD tie rod, 14BFF w/discs , armored diff covers, 40" MTR's
low 84 is offline   Reply With Quote